PDA

View Full Version : Garmin live scope

Hunter1993
12-08-2019, 08:10 PM
Anybody ever try the garmin livescope for ice fishing? Is it worth the money?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

raw outdoors
12-08-2019, 08:18 PM
I have watched almost every live scope video on YouTube. The technology looks awesome such a good tool to be able to look in all directions and see multiple lines and dead sticks out to the side. It’s quite pricy or I would have one already. I can only imagine it will get cheaper and better.

HuyFishin
12-08-2019, 10:08 PM
Waiting for all the competitors to start doing something similar

PlayDoh
12-09-2019, 05:51 AM
https://youtu.be/TSzejb40idQ

I rest my case.
If your really looking to get one, get an ECHOMAP Ultra. It’s the latest line and much better specs. You won’t find them at Cabela’s or such.
Your looking at $3k-$4k min. Personally I’d avoid the ice fishing bundle, unless your rich and would use the ice fishing model as a 2nd unit on the boat and link it to an Ultra.
LiveScope is in a class of its own, and nothing even comes close to what it can do. Half the reason I’m getting one (someday) is because of what it can do on the ice. You can always move a boat around and scan areas, but only Panoptix will let you see all around you, without moving and live.

Hunter1993
12-09-2019, 06:01 PM
Ya I’ve watched videos, I fish for walleye. I like how you can scan around far away and see structure and stuff like that, but would you be able to see the walleye huggin the bottom ? Be nice to just try one for a day instead of dropping 3 grand on a set up haha

old dog
12-09-2019, 06:58 PM
But u still have to catch the fish. These r tools to help u so u need to decide on how much u r willing to spend to HELP catch them. There is no guarantee

Jjolg123
12-09-2019, 07:07 PM
I just built my setup but have been too busy to get out on the ice so far, went with the gpsmap unit and powered off m18 milwaukee batteries as i also use them for the drill auger setup.

Looked forward to giving it a go!

Hunter1993
12-09-2019, 07:35 PM
I agree, if you find them you still can’t make them bite. I fish last mountain lake in sask and it can be hard finding the fish sometimes, be nice to have that livescope to find em instead of drilling a pile of holes .

Hunter1993
12-09-2019, 07:35 PM
I just built my setup but have been too busy to get out on the ice so far, went with the gpsmap unit and powered off m18 milwaukee batteries as i also use them for the drill auger setup.

Looked forward to giving it a go!

Let me know how it works