PDA

View Full Version : archery changes for 2020

andy1
12-09-2019, 06:54 PM
Are there plans to tighten up on the archery big game hunting opportunities for 2020 compared to previous years or is the moose and elk hunting forecasted the same as it always was?

I know archery is becoming more popular so I suspect changes are likely too.

Thanks in Advance.

MugEye
12-10-2019, 06:04 PM
I would sure like to see are own braw pool . Not be lumped in with the rifles

Kurt505
12-10-2019, 06:10 PM
With Métis harvest right I think all hunting will continue to see opportunities taken away from non-status hunters until it’s outright outlawed. I don’t think our wildlife can handle the pressure of mass unregulated hunting.

Flight01
12-10-2019, 07:12 PM
With Métis harvest right I think all hunting will continue to see opportunities taken away from non-status hunters until it’s outright outlawed. I don’t think our wildlife can handle the pressure of mass unregulated hunting.

Extremely remote and well protected private lands will be the saviour of “wild game”
I won’t say anything about the people with rights beyond ours , it’s nothing against them, I just wish the government at some point would have thought of regulation for them as well. We all need to manage responsibly.
The system allows for abuse , not all are that way.

Lefty-Canuck
12-10-2019, 08:23 PM
There was a few things proposed but they sat on the previous ministers desk for 4 years. AGPAC meetings happened this past week I believe.

LC

Lefty-Canuck
12-10-2019, 08:31 PM
double post

LC

brendan's dad
12-11-2019, 07:56 AM
Don't worry, we will adapt......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjLj0P7Ox1U&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR2Liq-uSO4-3KQUaHP5cBqV3nGd_MQ-EcFDfhzLqiL6QrmGfRnCwmsy-6s

3blade
12-11-2019, 09:44 AM
I would sure like to see are own braw pool . Not be lumped in with the rifles

Don’t think this will ever go through as it’s split about 30-70, for-against. There’s a small very vocal minority in the ABA that are constantly barking about it, but there’s far fewer purists than the noise makes it seem.

I’m sort of in the middle...a lot of hunts ARE one or the other, just based on season, location and animal habits. So it won’t change much for me.

If they change things, we (resident licensed hunters) will get tag cuts compared to now. Don’t think you’re getting 20% of the current harvest or tags because of your choice to hunt with a bow....with the anti hunting bios, federal love of the Siberian settlers, Métis nonsense and current governments support for outfitters, wait times will be higher for many tags. Be careful what you wish for

3blade
12-11-2019, 09:47 AM
Are there plans to tighten up on the archery big game hunting opportunities for 2020 compared to previous years or is the moose and elk hunting forecasted the same as it always was?

I know archery is becoming more popular so I suspect changes are likely too.

Thanks in Advance.

You/we won’t know and they won’t tell anyone ahead of time, just jam it down our throats like always. Nothing a government hates worse than well-founded criticism forcing a change of plans.

Also...no it’s not. They are saying 18-20% like always, if you trust their statistics.

Lefty-Canuck
12-11-2019, 05:54 PM
I heard we can look forward to more general archery only season in several more WMU’s switching to draw only.

LC