PDA

View Full Version : Weekend at PCR July 17-19

flygirrl
07-19-2009, 05:04 PM
A great time was had by all:) and a very heartfelt thankyou to Jeff, Lindsey, Michelle, Ken & wife, Steve, Wayne & Karen, and Christine, The food was great, the conversation was,:innocent: O.K. O.K. I wont go there, but seriously we had a blast and the group was a lot of fun, The Walleye was on the bite and some counts were close to 200 for the day but we wont say who was on the dock at sun-up and still there at sunset:lol:, Hope we do something like this again if not this year than maybe next.

We were given demos on cleaning and skinning Pike and Ling by Steve and Ken which proved to be intresting. Maybe next time we can have more demo's ie: fly fishing, cleaning fish, baitfishing etc. Would be fun.:lol:

You Guys are great and if you havn't voted for Michelle at WFN you better do so now, She is a great person and a good representative for the form..:D

WayneChristie
07-19-2009, 06:13 PM
It was an awesome weekend for sure, and I would also like to thank everyone who made it, and especially Jeff for setting it up. Endless, and I do mean endless walleye, a few pike, and even a ling for one lucky lady, not to mention a lot of entertaining moments! One of the biggest thrills besides meeting a great bunch of people, was watching some very big pike come out from under the dock and EAT our walleye, up to 18 inchers, now thats a big mouth! was lucky enough to have one on my microlight rod for a few minutes, even if it was a losing battle, but the thrill was amazing. Catching walleye til my arms were tired, and sunburned too. Amazing numbers, amazing food, and some great new friends, now that was a weekend to remember!!!! http://s787.photobucket.com/albums/yy156/rollinghillbilly/ feel free to label the members in the pics.

tonycanevaro
07-19-2009, 08:34 PM
Well!

My son and I were on the dock this morning! I didn't realize this was going on today.

My boy Cole caught 30 walleye this morning. We haven't been fishing in years and the last three time we went we got skunked. So today I made the most important catch of all... I caught a fisherman! He is hooked, so to speak.

I likely spoke with some of you and didn't even know who you were.

Perhaps I'll link up with some of you again.
Tony

jts1
07-19-2009, 09:24 PM
That was a great weekend. first I would like to thank everyone for coming out , some members drove 5 hrs to get there. We had about 20 or so around the camp at any given time. Once again this forum has shown its self to have nothing but the best on it. Everyone from TRUCKER MOUTH to THAT GUY WHO LIVED ON THE DOC was great. The food was amazing the weather held out coolers stayed full and the fish were on , What more could you want. As mentioned there was some serious parts as well Thank you Steve and Ken for your time and effort showing everyone your own method of cleaning fish.

Friday night was a riot we I have not had that much fun in a long time "even if I thought I was dieing the next morn" There are a few stories we can and will spill but I think its best to let a few people sweat it out a little first. I didn't do much fishing this weekend. But I caught something better. I came away from this with a bunch of new good friends and for that I thank you all. We have already started to talk about the next get together. I have pics to post but that will have to wait for another day.

P.S. Look out for the trailer....

baitfisher83
07-19-2009, 09:46 PM
i just gotta say one thing...shutup Wayne....lmfao

Sandalius
07-19-2009, 09:54 PM
Now there are a few stories we could spill right now but we will wait for a "few" people to sweat it out a little first. All in all it was SO CREAMY ..I have some pics to post but that will have to wait till another day.

It was an great time with some awesome people. It was really nice to meet some more members of the board. Excellent food, quite a few good laughs and some totally hilarious things happened but I'm gonna wait on those stories too :evilgrin: I will say this - we should do this more often the comradery and the swapping stories between outdoors people is the best, and sometimes you just can't put a price on good entertainment.:D

Thanks to everyone who came out ;)

star77
07-19-2009, 10:49 PM
great to see you all there having fun whish i was there atleast i can see pics thanks for posting

michelle
07-19-2009, 11:21 PM
AMAZING weekend!

Friday was a scream, he,he. There were many opportunities for new nicknames....hey "It's so creamy". My ab's hurt from laughing so much!

Thanks to Jeff and Lindsay for setting all of this up:wave: That really was very nice of you. Everyone had such a fantastic time.

Very good feast Saturday, wow can we cook! I think I gained 10 pounds!

I am so happy to have met so many wonderful(I mean it...really nice:innocent: people.)

Now remember your Banana Boat payback, he,he.:lol::lol::lol:

http://www.wfn.tv/adopt/view.php?entry=352

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
07-20-2009, 12:45 AM
Well you folks looked to of had a good weekend , looks like plenty of fish caught and , good laughs . Its to bad I was un able to maker on down. But if yall were interested in doing another in August ill be there . No more weddings after this upcoming weekend . im sure my liver will appreciate that . Agian great pictures and I gotta hear this story baitfisher LOL .

Your not sayin shut up for a purpose would ya :lol::lol::lol:

baitfisher83
07-20-2009, 08:24 AM
yes i am, and i know someone will talk about it..lmao

The Fisherman Guy
07-20-2009, 09:28 AM
What a fantastic weekend!

The fishing was great, but the food was OUTSTANDING!!!
Big breakfasts, Sandalius' Moose steaks with homemade" secret" BBQ sauce, Jackand7's fresh pike, plus: Chili, corn with mega sauce, banana boats, ling nuggets, and all the snacks a fat guy could kill himself with...I was in heaven!

Thank you all for the great company, food and laughs. Thanks to Jts1 for getting us all organized and getting the sites arranged. I am looking forward to the next one!!

It was great to meet you all and put some faces to names, hope to see you folks again, and maybe a few more board members... Won't be a problem when the word is out about the collective feasts!

nicemustang
07-20-2009, 09:32 AM
Glad you guys had fun, sorry I didn't make it this time. Are there any pictures of the event?

Fishing was sub par at travers Sunday afternoon, we arrive at 3 and fished to the wind storm, 10 fish maybe and no keepers :(

DarkAisling
07-20-2009, 09:38 AM
I'm certainly interested in dragging the family out the next time you do this :) I just have to get the hang of my spinning rod first (always used a spincaster until now) so as not to completely embarrass myself and those who know me!

The Fisherman Guy
07-20-2009, 09:40 AM
Musty! We got to Travers at 2 and on the water by half past. Made it to our spot and the fishing was super slow before the storm. I pulled one 52cm Wally, and then the wind picked up. We darted to a secluded spot and my buddies 8 year old pulled in a nice 4.5lb pike - his biggest fish ever.

After the storm we headed back to our spot, and the Walters had turned on. Then the little guy hooks into a 6lb Walleye, which beat his biggest fish again! Needless to say, he was STOKED! Fishing was slow, for Travers but we managed about 40 fish for our boat. Too bad we missed ya, next time you head down give me a shout!

nicemustang
07-20-2009, 09:50 AM
That was you in the ugly ass green boat? We were the ones in the small red boat at the spillway when you pulled away...I guess you look different not wearing winter snow suit LOL. You almost didn't take that 52 cm one home as it just about when through your motor LOL.

Yeah we were fishing in the fingers in a couple of known spots, had some fish but not a lot. Spillway was slow too. We didn't go back out after the storm, just had BBQ at our friends at the resort and went home.

DarkAisling
07-20-2009, 09:57 AM
Oh! Don't be pickin' on The Fisherman Guy's boat! I'm on the hunt for one just like it :D

The Fisherman Guy
07-20-2009, 09:57 AM
That ugly ass boat is the Green Medalishi... As named by my buddies kids, no idea why!

Oh and I had complete control of that lil Wally, could'nt ya tell?!

michelle
07-20-2009, 10:24 AM
I'm certainly interested in dragging the family out the next time you do this :) I just have to get the hang of my spinning rod first (always used a spincaster until now) so as not to completely embarrass myself and those who know me!

I would not worry about embarassing yourself, Ha! Each of us did a fine job of pulling at least one memorable stunt! :lol::o

jts1
07-20-2009, 11:09 AM
Got a few pics up for now

http://s274.photobucket.com/albums/jj253/jts1_album/PCR%20GATHERING/

NBX
07-20-2009, 12:04 PM
Hey guys, NBX (aka James) here, I came out with Dean (aka Jack&7). Thanks SO much for the great times. I ate like a king, picked up some great knowledge and had a blast all at the same time. My highlights had to be the cod cutting demo from Ken, Steve's moose bbq and Gibson's cod nuggest. I got some good pics and I'll be posting them soon!.

NBX
07-20-2009, 12:47 PM
Update: some pics up on my blog plus a plug for Michelle!

http://tinyurl.com/nnzdcw

Mr Wiggles
07-20-2009, 01:00 PM
Looks like it was a BLAST! Hope to make it for the next one.

The Fisherman Guy
07-20-2009, 01:48 PM
Great pictures Jeff, thanks for posting! Now the other "borad" members can see why all the people who came out caught so many fish.... Look at the game faces on those hardcore fishers!

NBX
07-20-2009, 01:54 PM
If you need any proof of hardcore, all you needed to do was see jeff's sungl***** tan. Brown face. White eyes.

jts1
07-20-2009, 02:01 PM
If you need any proof of hardcore, all you needed to do was see jeff's sungl***** tan. Brown face. White eyes.

lol ya its bad

Kingfisher
07-20-2009, 03:06 PM
I wasn't able to get out there for Friday or Saturday. So I took Billy a special needs kid that my wife and I look after out on Sunday. He caught 27 and I caught 9. But that was only in a few hours that we were there before getting dumped on by a nasty rain/hail storm.

I would have liked to get out Saturday evening and stayed the night. But I had promised a friend of mine who's driving across Canada in a week that I would do his brakes for him. So that had to get done.

Oh well. Maybe next time. We should plan for a fall gettogether. Maybe somewhere like Little Bow? Or even Pigeon?

Rob

jts1
07-20-2009, 04:31 PM
So here Gibson and I are fishing away on PCR this weekend. We were pulling in walleye after walleye. I had lost my jig a little earlier in the day to one of them. Well sometime later we were looking for some lunch. So we reeled in and Gibson started to pull up the anchor rope well about half way he let out a yelp. It seems that the fish I had lost was now hooked on the anchor rope. Now I didn't hook the rope while fighting the fish I was well clear of that. My knot had slipped. And some how the fish got caught up on the rope after the fact. So there he was caught on the rope my jig still in his mouth with not a inch of line on it. So the next time someone asks what to use down at PCR. Just tell them to toss over the anchor.. I will never forget the look on his face and the yelp he let out when that thing came flopping over the side and landed right in his lap... ROFL Ahhhhh Good times

The Fisherman Guy
07-20-2009, 04:53 PM
That was more of a roar of suprise!!..... not a shriek... HOW does that happen!! Oh well, better to be remembered for that, other than walking into a trailer, or thinking my ass was on fire - which turned out to be the amber light on my trailer, next to the stove which we were cooking on.

michelle
07-20-2009, 04:57 PM
That was more of a roar of suprise!!..... not a shriek... HOW does that happen!! Oh well, better to be remembered for that, other than walking into a trailer, or thinking my ass was on fire - which turned out to be the amber light on my trailer, next to the stove which we were cooking on.

It was SUCH good times!:lol::lol:

jts1
07-20-2009, 04:59 PM
Least your not the Its so creamy guy with coon eyes....

Sandalius
07-20-2009, 05:07 PM

I don't remember " it's so creamy " and " coon eyes " being used in the same sentence until now :lol::lol::lol:

Sure glad I was just a spectator and not part of the entertainment :innocent::innocent:

Thanks go out to those who put up links to the pics - good times :D

Sandalius
07-20-2009, 05:10 PM
That was more of a roar of suprise!!..... not a shriek...

I'm with jts1 on this - definitely a shriek - the sound carried pretty good across the water to the dock :lol::lol:

WayneChristie
07-20-2009, 06:36 PM
So here Gibson and I are fishing away on PCR this weekend. We were pulling in walleye after walleye. I had lost my jig a little earlier in the day to one of them. Well sometime later we were looking for some lunch. So we reeled in and Gibson started to pull up the anchor rope well about half way he let out a yelp. It seems that the fish I had lost was now hooked on the anchor rope. Now I didn't hook the rope while fighting the fish I was well clear of that. My knot had slipped. And some how the fish got caught up on the rope after the fact. So there he was caught on the rope my jig still in his mouth with not a inch of line on it. So the next time someone asks what to use down at PCR. Just tell them to toss over the anchor.. I will never forget the look on his face and the yelp he let out when that thing came flopping over the side and landed right in his lap... ROFL Ahhhhh Good times

I was over fishing on the dock, (no surprise Im sure) and heard that shriek myself! Thought it was Michele scaring the kids again! Hilarious!!!! Im thinking that since that was my anchor he was using, that eye should go into my count for the day!!!!!

baitfisher83
07-20-2009, 06:38 PM
you dont need to add anymore numbers ya showoff:P

baitfisher83
07-20-2009, 06:54 PM
here's some pics i got...
Racoon boy!!
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i145/darksilver1983/GEDC0200.jpg
hard at work..lol
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i145/darksilver1983/GEDC0198.jpg
Michelle debating on her next mike's
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i145/darksilver1983/GEDC0196.jpg
Whatever wayne's saying he probably didn't even see it happen :P
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i145/darksilver1983/GEDC0197.jpg
Michelle and Jeff tryin to snag a trout or two at Chain <none of us got one>
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i145/darksilver1983/GEDC0202.jpg
Michelle's best catch of the weekend, an itty bitty sucker!!lol
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i145/darksilver1983/GEDC0203.jpg

jts1
07-20-2009, 07:16 PM
Lol ya I may look like a racoon didn't even see you take them pics were you hiding in the bush's? But it does remind me of another story. There was an unnamed person who after umpteen beers thought it was napy time. So off baitfisher goes "oops" It was more of a stagger looked more like an obstical course than anything els. So me being the nice guy I am I turned on the flash light for her. Just in time for us all to see her walk face first into the trailer. Well that was the funniest thing I have ever seen. Poor girl didn't have time to put her hands out to save her self. It was one of them SUPRISE moments. After the thud beer shot out my wifes nose , Steve doubled over giggling like a school girl. But I understand and feel for you. Them 26 foot trailers pop out of nowhere. My nose hurts now just thinking about it.

baitfisher83
07-20-2009, 07:20 PM
hahah you ass, i expected Wayne to tell that story....i still dont remember it

jts1
07-20-2009, 07:25 PM
hahah you ass, i expected Wayne to tell that story....i still dont remember it

That's ok dear everyone els does. Lol

michelle
07-20-2009, 07:32 PM
Lol ya I may look like a racoon didn't even see you take them pics were you hiding in the bush's? But it does remind me of another story. There was an unnamed person who after umpteen beers thought it was napy time. So off baitfisher goes "oops" It was more of a stagger looked more like an obstical course than anything els. So me being the nice guy I am I turned on the flash light for her. Just in time for us all to see her walk face first into the trailer. Well that was the funniest thing I have ever seen. Poor girl didn't have time to put her hands out to save her self. It was one of them SUPRISE moments. After the thud beer shot out my wifes nose , Steve doubled over giggling like a school girl. But I understand and feel for you. Them 26 foot trailers pop out of nowhere. My nose hurts now just thinking about it.

OooHH! BURN!:lol:

baitfisher83
07-20-2009, 07:34 PM
and you without your camera...all of you!!:P

Sandalius
07-20-2009, 07:35 PM
OooHH! BURN!:lol:

Don't you worry yours is coming - just have to wait a few days first :evilgrin:

michelle
07-20-2009, 07:37 PM
Don't you worry yours is coming - just have to wait a few days first :evilgrin:

Yikes!!:eek::eek::eek:

baitfisher83
07-20-2009, 07:37 PM
k my memory sucks, i dont remember what we're gonna burn Michelle on..lmfao

Sandalius
07-20-2009, 07:44 PM
k my memory sucks, i dont remember what we're gonna burn Michelle on..lmfao

Might have something to do with the short term memory loss from you bumping your face/head into the trailer.:lol::lol:

baitfisher83
07-20-2009, 07:45 PM
idea for next meet, a day trip <preferably a sunday>, no trailers allowed!!lmfao..

fluxcore
07-20-2009, 08:03 PM

:lol: thats great

baitfisher83
07-20-2009, 08:05 PM
normally when i do stupid things for other people's entertainment i remember it, even when i am drunk, this kinda ****ed me off

Sandalius
07-20-2009, 08:19 PM
[QUOTE=jts1;353048]After the thud beer shot out my wifes nose , Steve doubled over giggling like a school girl.QUOTE]

I do remember doubling over laughing ( just about fell off my chair ) but the only thing that sounded remotely close to a school girl - had some thing to do with a Fisherman guy and a Walter on an anchor ..lol and lets not forget about the snorting and wheezing that came out after the beer - but after all it was some of the comments that were priceless:lol::lol:

TreeGuy
07-20-2009, 08:42 PM
Sounds like you guys had a blast. Consider yourselves lucky though.........for now. I believe that Steve usually waits until the SECOND trip before he breaks out the lucky Speedos. Krista says it looks like he's smuggling grapes!:sick::evilgrin:

Tree

baitfisher83
07-20-2009, 08:46 PM
oh thanks for that image NOT!!!

Sandalius
07-20-2009, 08:54 PM
Sounds like you guys had a blast. Consider yourselves lucky though.........for now. I believe that Steve usually waits until the SECOND trip before he breaks out the lucky Speedos. Krista says it looks like he's smuggling grapes!:sick::evilgrin:

Tree

Tree, once again you have been miss informed it's grapefruits in a Borat thong ( cause I needed the shoulder straps ), all this because she didn't wanna get close enough to see the real size.:lol:

Oh yeah it also looked like I had a case of huge hems too - from the rest being " tucked " away.:lol:

Dude you missed an awesome time - your gonna have to try to make to the next outing.

TreeGuy
07-20-2009, 09:12 PM
Ughhhh! Posts like that one likely have Michael Jackson trying to dig his way out!:sick:

Nice bluff there bananna thonger. Maybe read this and learn more about your so called ailment.:innocent:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090712210437AAhwsHs

Tree

jts1
07-20-2009, 10:11 PM
Ughhhh! Posts like that one likely have Michael Jackson trying to dig his way out!:sick:

Nice bluff there bananna thonger. Maybe read this and learn more about your so called ailment.:innocent:

Tree

LMFAO!!!! If the glove fits, or in this case the virus.......:lol::lol::lol:

TreeGuy
07-20-2009, 10:16 PM
LMFAO!!!! If the glove fits, or in this case the virus.......:lol::lol::lol:

He wouldn't have the virus if he wore the 'glove'!:lol:

Tree

WayneChristie
07-20-2009, 10:24 PM
Well!

My son and I were on the dock this morning! I didn't realize this was going on today.

My boy Cole caught 30 walleye this morning. We haven't been fishing in years and the last three time we went we got skunked. So today I made the most important catch of all... I caught a fisherman! He is hooked, so to speak.

I likely spoke with some of you and didn't even know who you were.

Perhaps I'll link up with some of you again.
Tony

HI Tony, I talked to you on the dock, and saw the look in your kids eye, another fishing junkie is born!!!! it was even better than catching all those fish just to see all the kids on the dock catching their first fish, made the whole weekend just that much better! see you next time. for one, Im heading back there again Thursday for the weekend, Im hooked too.

WayneChristie
07-20-2009, 10:30 PM
I just bottled 5 gallons of wine, going to have to do a special batch just for the next meet. I say make it sooner than later, this time I get to see Baitfisher biting the trailer!!!!! Of course none of you saw me walk into the wire fence and do a face plant, got the scars on my legs to prove it, But I didnt spill a drop of my drink, now thats talent!!!!!!

baitfisher83
07-20-2009, 10:32 PM
i'm glad i wasnt the only one with a ******* move :P serves ya right for bugging me about something you never saw...punk!!

Sandalius
07-20-2009, 10:33 PM

Tree

Nice try , banana thonger ?? I've been called alot of things but never that.
Well at least you are on the right track about the size.
My delete button doesn't like you today Tree - keepin it pg13

baitfisher83
07-20-2009, 10:35 PM
alright kids behave........

WayneChristie
07-20-2009, 10:57 PM
i'm glad i wasnt the only one with a ******* move :P serves ya right for bugging me about something you never saw...punk!!

unfortunately I didnt get to see it, but I have a good imagination, , and the descriptions filled in the blanks LMAO

TreeGuy
07-20-2009, 11:17 PM
Nice try , banana thonger ?? I've been called alot of things but never that.
Well at least you are on the right track about the size.
My delete button doesn't like you today Tree - keepin it pg13

:lol::lol::lol:

Just razzin' ya bud. How's yer ash looking?

Tree

Jack&7
07-20-2009, 11:28 PM
Hey guys, NBX (aka James) here, I came out with Dean (aka Jack&7). Thanks SO much for the great times. I ate like a king, picked up some great knowledge and had a blast all at the same time. My highlights had to be the cod cutting demo from Ken, Steve's moose bbq and Gibson's cod nuggest. I got some good pics and I'll be posting them soon!.

Exactly...well worth it to hang out with you fine folks. I have never eaten so well and SO MUCH while camping before in my life! Still....my "food highlights" had to be those tasty ling nuggets, chili with brown sugar in it, and those Spectacular Super Most-Awesome Banana Boats!

It was SUCH good times!:lol::lol:

That does sum it up nicely...

Jeff...that is seriously going to take years to even out that coon mask you got goin' on there! I think it's safe to say it will last until half way through hard water season.

And as promised, I will give a report of the fishing at Clear Lake from Sunday when NBX and I headed over there from PCR.

I think we launched somewhere around 11:30 AM and cruised to the south of the docks...trolling the whole time. I have never seen so many fish on the fishfinder at any one time! Amazing...yet not one would bite. I threw everything I had at them: crankbaits, spinners, spoons, even tried jigging. Nothing...

But when we were driving in, we noticed three boats at the north end of the lake. So after becoming thoroughly confused and frustrated, we headed to that end. The water was a bit calmer and as we pulled up to a spot, I copuld see all the boats were anchored...maybe 8 to 12 ft of water at the most. I started talking to the guys next to us to get some insight as to what is working on this lake (since this was our first visit...and I was so baffled why we could not get a bite). I realized it was full-on mid day heat and feeding was slow...but this was ridiculous. So they guys told us that they were catching...nothing crazy, but they were doing all right. They were using spoons and Mepps spinners.

I asked if they had yanked out anything decent. He says, "Oh yeah.....I got a monster." And they proceeded to bring their boat over to show us. Well, he wasn't kidding.

In the bottom of the boat was a massive pike as thick as my thigh...probably about 42 inches long. He had no idea what it weighed so I gave him my scale: 28 pounds! What a beauty...haven't seen a pike that big in a long time. Wish I would've taken a picture.

Just as he lifted, I caught my first (since I didn't stop fishing while we talked). I ended up pulling in 6 that afternoon (we fished until 3 pm) and Newsboy finally got one. I swear he was cursed!:lol:

But all of the ones we caught were about 45-50 cm...no keepers. Just a bit too short. We had fun anyway. I would love to be there in the evening, though...I bet it would be a different story than fishing during 'dead time' like we did. That lake is FULL of pike!

So that's my story...overall we had a great time and some decent fishing and some new spots to return to.

Plus...some new friends. Can't wait for the next one! Maybe an ice get together? Thanks to everyone I met for the food, fishing, and fun! Stay safe...

michelle
07-20-2009, 11:42 PM
I just bottled 5 gallons of wine, going to have to do a special batch just for the next meet. I say make it sooner than later, this time I get to see Baitfisher biting the trailer!!!!! Of course none of you saw me walk into the wire fence and do a face plant, got the scars on my legs to prove it, But I didnt spill a drop of my drink, now thats talent!!!!!!

Ha! You are the best!:p

Jack&7
07-20-2009, 11:44 PM
5 gallons! oh Gawd....

michelle
07-20-2009, 11:47 PM
5 gallons! oh Gawd....

We are going to have may more stories next time,he,he.:p:lol:

WayneChristie
07-21-2009, 06:18 AM
5 gallons! oh Gawd....

have another 5 ready to bottle next week. LOL

silentspectator
07-21-2009, 11:01 AM
Arent we though who would have thought a bunch of strangers could have had such a great time togeather. Now that we all know eachother, i cant wait untill we get to do it again. By the way to all this is flygirrl's nephew....

flygirrl
07-21-2009, 11:07 AM
My Billy Bop !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We can always use Billy as our new searchlight if someone is lost on the water. With his shinny dome he could lite up the night. lol:lol:

flygirrl
07-21-2009, 11:10 AM
Thanks Jack&7 for letting us know how you made out. I can only imagine what this lake would fish like in the spring and fall when the water cools down. That was one hot weekend and Im sure the fish felt it too. Post if you happen to go back to that lake. I might try to get there in the fall for a fish but it is so far away from here it makes for a long day.

Sandalius
07-21-2009, 11:18 AM
:lol::lol::lol:

Just razzin' ya bud. How's yer ash looking?

Tree

I know Tree - it's all good. I was having some issues with four letter words with some "ers" and "ings" attached to them while trying to type my responses. My delete button got the crap beat out of it in the process.

I pick up some new words over the weekend ( thanks to trucker mouth :evilgrin: ) and tried to use some - not so pg13 though

Which "ash" are you referring too ? The one in my pants which looks awesome all the time or the one in the yard which still looks a little funny ? Hmmmm Well the one in the yard has lots of leaves on the one side ( good shade for my truck ), it is starting to grow quite a few new stoots at the "y" going strait up ( just like you called it ). I think the tallest one is about 4 feet ish - I think it's coming along good but I'm no tree expert ..lol

NBX
07-21-2009, 11:32 AM
Thanks Jack&7 for letting us know how you made out. I can only imagine what this lake would fish like in the spring and fall when the water cools down. That was one hot weekend and Im sure the fish felt it too. Post if you happen to go back to that lake. I might try to get there in the fall for a fish but it is so far away from here it makes for a long day.

I think later on this year both PCR and Clear should be jumping. I'm hoping we'll be able to do some ice fishing out there because I think I picked up a bad addiction to Ling and according to Calgary Gringo, that's all there is to catch out there in the winter.

silentspectator
07-21-2009, 01:25 PM
Yeah thats for sure.... Im definately loosing a layer or two but im ok with that. Put steve and i togeather and you'd have a red and white beacon.....

NBX
07-21-2009, 03:13 PM
Yeah thats for sure.... Im definately loosing a layer or two but im ok with that. Put steve and i togeather and you'd have a red and white beacon.....

I guess we won't have to worry about nav lights then!:D

michelle
07-21-2009, 06:17 PM
Everyone get home from fishing and provide your Banana Boat Payback, he,he.:love:

jts1
07-21-2009, 11:22 PM
MMMMMMMMMM banana boats rock!!!!!!!

Jack&7
07-21-2009, 11:34 PM
I think later on this year both PCR and Clear should be jumping. I'm hoping we'll be able to do some ice fishing out there because I think I picked up a bad addiction to Ling and according to Calgary Gringo, that's all there is to catch out there in the winter.

I'm up for a late sept. attempt at Clear lake. My fall is going to be really busy so time is limited. maybe a few of us could head down there?

Plus...I need some of that burbot action too.