PDA

View Full Version : Fly Fishing

mybuckstory
07-19-2009, 05:31 PM
Anyone got any good Fly Fishing photos or stories? I would love to see and hear them.

brandeasy
07-21-2009, 08:19 PM
I got a good story (little long though)

I was at a may long fishing derby in peter hope lake BC . Just trolling a fly using my dads sage rod (since i didnt want to go back to the truck to get my when i headed out).
Rowing along the drop off of a weed bed i had my foot on the rod think ing that would be enough to stop it from going anywhere. to my surprise I watch my dads sage rod hit the back of the boat and go flying 10 feet in the water. As im standing on the edge of the boat ready to dive in after it i notice it floating on the top. I went to grab the ores to row over to it, when i notice the paddles are floating away in opposite directions (no ore locks). I paddle over (with my hands) get the ores and when i look up the rod is gone.
So now im sweating since the rod alone was $400 and not mine. Im rowing back and forth (waitng for the fish to tire and the rod to surface) for at least 3 hours, when my buddy (who was 50 feet away when it happened and could stop laughing) started to feel bad so decide to come help me searach. He hears something by the shore and figures he will check it out. Turns out to be a water pump. while over there he see something in the reeds. He whips over, turns out it my dads rod. So he bring it in and just as he gets the leader close to the boat the line starts peeling out. Fish is still on. He brings it in. Comes over to me and tells me the good news ( i can finally go back to shore).
When we get back do all the measurements the fish is the biggest, a beautiful 5 pound rainbow, i win the tourney ( first time too) and get my name on the plaque, with assited by Brad along the bottom.

i have a pictures somewhere if i find them i will put them up