PDA

View Full Version : Looking for tips

Buckshot82
12-18-2019, 01:20 PM
Looking for a place to fish near Edmonton, have fished many lakes in the Edmonton area but haven’t had much luck. I do not have a fish finder which does not help. Just wondering if anyone has some recommendations/tips to get on some fish. Ex. How to locate them without a fish finder, what lakes to try, bait to use, and just any other tips in general

HuyFishin
12-18-2019, 01:24 PM
Wabamun lake walk out 150 yards 12 feet of water, drop a jig and minnow in the hole and boom! You're probably gonna be on some walleye

Smoky buck
12-18-2019, 01:30 PM
Don’t fish next to me I am a horrible ice fishermen and probably in the wrong spot lol

blacknorthernjk
12-18-2019, 01:40 PM
I dont use a fish finder either.
No pro here, but I've had lots of fun and success on Wabamun. As stated above, minnow on a simple hook even. Walk out a few hundred feet from the town site boat launch first thing in the morning and stir up a commotion by bouncing the minnow off the silt bottom followed with rests about a foot off the bottom, you're bound to get something.

I myself haven't completely grasped the 'fish the structures' theory as yet. But I did find my buddy and I on the edge of a weed bed, I was just inside the weeds and he was on the edge outside. He had a lot more action than I, which I suppose makes sense as fish could likely easily find his bait vs mine hidden behind a tree of a weed. I imagine fish must cruise the fringes of these beds as predatory hot spots as well.

Good luck! Ice fishing is now my favorite thing to do