PDA

View Full Version : Lets all take this pledge and keep our environment clean

HuyFishin
12-18-2019, 03:22 PM
I thought this was a fantastic idea! Can we all make this pledge? 4 weeks ago I drilled someones old hole to fish it. Found garage on the bottom of the hole and it gets under my skin.

CLICK HERE (https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=372872.0)

I promise to take a garbage bag with me on the ice and to pick up any trash I see.

I promise!

old dog
12-18-2019, 03:26 PM
Why people do that I will never know. How hard is it to pick up after yourself and even do a little extra.

Smoky buck
12-18-2019, 03:31 PM
Nothing new for me seeing garage out in the bush or out on the water drives me nuts

Pretty simple people don’t be lazy you pack it in you should pack it out

SNAPFisher
12-18-2019, 04:07 PM
I thought this was a fantastic idea! Can we all make this pledge? 4 weeks ago I drilled someones old hole to fish it. Found garage on the bottom of the hole and it gets under my skin.

I promise to take a garbage bag with me on the ice and to pick up any trash I see.

I promise!

I'll take the pledge with you. Cheers!

SNAPFisher
12-18-2019, 04:20 PM
Why people do that I will never know. How hard is it to pick up after yourself and even do a little extra.

If you haven't, try living in the country or on a farm. I pick a truck load of junk every year and drive it to the recycle center and/or garbage at my cost. And that is just on the our land let alone the additional hauling and help by the County when it is too big for me to haul. E.g. truck camper. Other wise I'm hauling couches, sinks, TVs, refuse, animal carcasses, etc.

So these are people that go out of their way to drive it out and dump it in the country. It is not a question of how hard is it to pick up yourself, these people, likely similar to ones who litter on or in a lake, could care less. Literally too lazy too care about the consequences and couldn't be bothered to try. They are low life's and scum in my humble opinion.

barbless
12-18-2019, 05:46 PM

I promise!

I've been doing this since I was about 10yrs old and I'm just in my 60's. I always bring a bag or I find a way to carry it out. There was one time about 15 yrs ago we were walking along the Red Deer River near Coal Camp and Fish and Feathers drives by, stops, checks our fishing license and asked what we had in the bags and we said other peoples garbage. He said thanks for picking up the stuff and put the bags in the back of his truck. Made us dump our open beer and took the cans. Could have got an open liquor ticket :sEm_oops2: but he said have a nice day :happy0034:

swampy45
12-19-2019, 11:46 AM
Left Newell yesterday with a full garbage bag of everyone else garbage. Most people have no respect for nature.

fish99
12-19-2019, 06:25 PM
Left Newell yesterday with a full garbage bag of everyone else garbage. Most people have no respect for nature.

how thick was the ice.
were the fish biting
thanks

WayneChristie
12-19-2019, 07:14 PM
how thick was the ice.
were the fish biting
thanks

summerkilled :bad_boys_20:

Passthru
12-19-2019, 07:33 PM
Every time I see garbage I pack it out. I hate seeing it out in the bush or water. Karma points.

fish99
12-20-2019, 08:44 AM
summerkilled :bad_boys_20:

I must of got the last ones this fall

mapleleafman3
12-20-2019, 05:48 PM
I pledged that a long time ago. I always leave no trace and erase others traces.

It is really disgusting how many people have no respect for anything.

nimrod
12-21-2019, 10:26 AM
Been cleaning up others mess for a long time, always leave my camp grounds clean and ice fishing spots clean.

Smoky buck
12-21-2019, 11:41 AM
It seems everyone posting already clean up mess when they see it. How many actually tell people to clean up their trash when they see something leaving a mess?

It’s good that there is a good amount of people willing to clean up a mess when they see it but we really need to reach a solution to stop the mess from starting to begin with

Passthru
12-23-2019, 05:33 AM
It seems everyone posting already clean up mess when they see it. How many actually tell people to clean up their trash when they see something leaving a mess?

It’s good that there is a good amount of people willing to clean up a mess when they see it but we really need to reach a solution to stop the mess from starting to begin with

Better parenting maybe? Being a messy slob is learned, just like being diligent in leaving no trace is.

Smoky buck
12-23-2019, 06:41 AM
Better parenting maybe? Being a messy slob is learned, just like being diligent in leaving no trace is.

We have all seen the bad kid that came from an awesome family so not going there. Regardless we are not going to solve it here

Personally I believe it is a lack of consequences and the fact most people won’t say or do anything when they whiteness someone being a slob. I do believe people learn to be a slob but most are learning from the example of no consequences for those who do make a mess.

It’s great to see the amount of people stepping up to clean up the mess and a great thread but it’s not solving the problem before it happens. Quietly cleaning up the mess or complaining on a forum does not show slobs there actions are not tolerated

I know there is others like myself who won’t hesitate to confront slobs but most don’t. If you are not comfortable confronting slobs yourself call them in and take pics to give fish cops evidence to enforce the law. Pressure enforcement to at least give a ticket not just a warning and forced to clean up

No offence to anyone here but cleaning up behind these people and complaining on forums won’t solve the issue

Tigrr
12-23-2019, 08:59 PM
We stayed at a forestry campground and burnt other peoples garbage for 3 days. :angry3:
Its bad when you catch garbage through the ice on a big trout spoon.
Finding tires, fridges, mattresses, couches and garbage from those who have driven an hour from the city to drop it instead of the $25 fee at the dump. We made $4.80 from the beer cans left at one site.
Finding a lot of fridges now with the $40 fee at the dump to remove Freon. Most that get tossed are Freon free already.

Passthru
12-24-2019, 06:06 AM
We have all seen the bad kid that came from an awesome family so not going there. Regardless we are not going to solve it here

Personally I believe it is a lack of consequences and the fact most people won’t say or do anything when they whiteness someone being a slob. I do believe people learn to be a slob but most are learning from the example of no consequences for those who do make a mess.

It’s great to see the amount of people stepping up to clean up the mess and a great thread but it’s not solving the problem before it happens. Quietly cleaning up the mess or complaining on a forum does not show slobs there actions are not tolerated

I know there is others like myself who won’t hesitate to confront slobs but most don’t. If you are not comfortable confronting slobs yourself call them in and take pics to give fish cops evidence to enforce the law. Pressure enforcement to at least give a ticket not just a warning and forced to clean up

No offence to anyone here but cleaning up behind these people and complaining on forums won’t solve the issue

So when you find garbage in the bush or water you can’t very well find the owner. We are talking about garbage found with nobody around

Smoky buck
12-24-2019, 06:49 AM
So when you find garbage in the bush or water you can’t very well find the owner. We are talking about garbage found with nobody around

I understand a lot of times you find just trash and not the people who left it. It’s good others pick it up and I do the same

Not trying to take away from the thread or people who clean up the mess. I just get annoyed at the subject because I watched a lot of areas where I grew up as a kid get gated or land owners close access because of trash. There was even big clean ups organized by outdoorsman at times but because it did not stop the trash from being dumped to start access was still lost in areas.

I don’t find it near as bad here in Alberta but I just don’t want to see it slowly escalate to the point of loosing access to areas non stop

SNAPFisher
12-24-2019, 08:33 AM

At least there are like minded people on here that respect the environment. And that is awesome! So keep it up. There is nothing wrong with people that do good on others behalf. It is better than leaving it there.

I do agree on the consequences. Upping fines is a great start. If you witness it, it is great if you can get the info to the authorities. There is no guarantee that will do a thing though. Like I eluded to before, these scum are just wired differently than you or I. I truly believe that they will get fined, get caught, and simply do it again when no one is around. This is endless fight for now but keep up the good work in any way you can or will.

Cold lake guy
12-24-2019, 09:11 AM
This was the worst example of trash left I have ever seen abandoned vehicles, trailers and everything in between. Most were left by squatters from the last cold lake oil boom. Purchased to use then abandoned when it was too cold.

I did contact the md they said it was an Alberta park ( random camping) and they couldn’t touch it. Called the Alberta parks they said they were aware of it and couldn’t touch it because the vehicles were abandoned and the RCMP would have to go check vins etc. So it stayed like that for years.

Then one spring all the garbage disappeared signs were posted by the Alberta government and anyone staying there was checked and reminded of the posted rules etc. To this day it’s still spotless :sHa_shakeshout: