PDA

View Full Version : trapping badgers

jmparker
12-20-2019, 05:31 PM
The neighbor has a badger digging in his field in this warmer weather. I'd like to go after it but I'm curious what's a good set up for badger. I was thinking about a 330 in the opening of a wooden box with a chunk of bait inside the box and placing the set beside the active hole.

thoughts?

fordtruckin
12-20-2019, 06:02 PM
give it a whirl... Worst thing that will happen is you'll have a very angry badger running around with a 330 on its head!``````````````````````````````````````````

TrapperMike
12-20-2019, 08:39 PM
If you can it is best to wait till late February to early March. Fur not worth anything till then.

spoiledsaskhunter
12-21-2019, 08:35 AM
stick a dead chicken down a hole and set a 330. any time i've tried a leg hold, they'll scratch around in the dirt until they either set the traps off, or move them out of the way to get to the chicken (boy they love chickens!)

ps....make sure you tie it down TIGHT

Red Bullets
12-22-2019, 12:31 AM
Make a pen around the active hole out of chicken wire and have an opening for your conibear. Should just be in full prime now.

TrapperMike
12-22-2019, 05:53 PM
Just starting to prim up now. Best in late February.

Marty S
12-23-2019, 07:10 AM
A 220 in a box will be a much better choice. Juice it with a skunky lure, they go bonkers over skunk.

You could throw a coyote carcass or two beside his hole if you want to harvest him later. As soon as he finds it he’ll take it down the hole and eat on it for a time, but beware the 120 day sleep problem. If he goes into semi hibernation, it’s going to take a long time to get him, but when you do he will be pretty!