PDA

View Full Version : Gull Lake Whitefish

fishinguy99
12-23-2019, 08:37 PM
Had anyone had any luck with whitefish at gull lake this winter? Fished off meridian beach today in anywhere for 5 to 12 feet of water and didn’t see a single fish. I was using the typical wire worm setup that usually produces, but nothing today.

Red Bullets
12-23-2019, 10:20 PM
Just saying.... It's been a while since I was there but last time I there during the last week of December was I was fishing whites at the NE end of the lake in 6 to 10 feet of water with little luck. A fellow came out and drilled a hole 6 feet from shore in 2 feet of water and he limited out on whites in 20 minutes. I went to his hole when he left and I limited out in a half hour. Then my friend went to that hole and he too limited out in less than an hour.

SNAPFisher
12-24-2019, 08:22 AM
I only put in a half day and seen them and came damn close...but no luck yet. Just a matter of time. I was South as in nearish to Brownlows.

Bigwoodsman
12-24-2019, 08:56 AM
I only put in a half day and seen them and came damn close...but no luck yet. Just a matter of time. I was South as in nearish to Brownlows.

How much ice in this area?

BW

fishinguy99
12-24-2019, 09:20 AM
Just saying.... It's been a while since I was there but last time I there during the last week of December was I was fishing whites at the NE end of the lake in 6 to 10 feet of water with little luck. A fellow came out and drilled a hole 6 feet from shore in 2 feet of water and he limited out on whites in 20 minutes. I went to his hole when he left and I limited out in a half hour. Then my friend went to that hole and he too limited out in less than an hour.

Thanks for the tips red bullets. I may have to try this out when I go out again after Christmas. I’ll let you know how it goes.

SNAPFisher
12-24-2019, 02:37 PM
How much ice in this area?

BW

12-13 inches and growing.

Bigwoodsman
12-24-2019, 03:50 PM
12-13 inches and growing.

Thanks and Merry Christmas

BW