PDA

View Full Version : Carb for auger in Edmonton

ssyd
12-27-2019, 07:24 PM
Went to test out my auger that I haven't fired up in two years. Got it to run but it won't idle without choke so I'm thinking the carb needs some TLC. Doing some reading it sounds like small carbs like this can be dirt cheap and almost worth just replacing instead of trying to tear apart and clean (which I have never done).

Anyone know where I might find a replacement locally that would fit on a Rapala Nitro 43cc?

lenka
12-27-2019, 08:22 PM
You can try The Lawn Mower Hospital on Argyll Road. Rapala Nitro 43cc's engine is identical to Eskimo Mako 43cc's Viper engine. The carburetor should be the same.

Not sure about the price on a new carb.

Carb cleaning is relative easy though.

Hunter4ever12
12-27-2019, 08:22 PM
Went to test out my auger that I haven't fired up in two years. Got it to run but it won't idle without choke so I'm thinking the carb needs some TLC. Doing some reading it sounds like small carbs like this can be dirt cheap and almost worth just replacing instead of trying to tear apart and clean (which I have never done).

Anyone know where I might find a replacement locally that would fit on a Rapala Nitro 43cc?

My buddy just bought a carb off of amazon for his jiffy for $20.

spoons
12-27-2019, 08:23 PM
First place I would try is Alberta small engine. They got me some parts I needed years ago. They are on 50 th street. Lawnmower hospital might have some too. Give them a call

CNP
12-28-2019, 09:19 AM

This will fit your Rapala: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07CHBRW1N/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I purchased this one last year....fits the Eskimo and Rapala 43CC

thorne
12-28-2019, 10:33 AM
A carb switch out on that augers is about the same work as cleaning one...maybe more work if method "A" doesnt work...a sitting g augers is most likely just gummed up. A simple can of carb cleaner sprayed directly Into the intake while it is choked and running over and over and over will clean it out most times....then mix a tank of fresh gas with Sea foam and run the tank dry at WOT usually does the trick....if it wont run at all just take the carb out and spray all the carb parts..(there isnt much to it once you actually take a good look at it) let them soak a bit, and give a light scrub with a soft tooth brush, repeat a few times and put back together. Then adjust the carb low and high idle to factory settings and tweak from there. If this sounds to complicated then you will be better off taking it to a small engine mech....but honestly take a few minutes, you tube cleaning that carb, and give it a go!

ssyd
12-28-2019, 05:05 PM
A carb switch out on that augers is about the same work as cleaning one...maybe more work if method "A" doesnt work...a sitting g augers is most likely just gummed up. A simple can of carb cleaner sprayed directly Into the intake while it is choked and running over and over and over will clean it out most times....then mix a tank of fresh gas with Sea foam and run the tank dry at WOT usually does the trick....if it wont run at all just take the carb out and spray all the carb parts..(there isnt much to it once you actually take a good look at it) let them soak a bit, and give a light scrub with a soft tooth brush, repeat a few times and put back together. Then adjust the carb low and high idle to factory settings and tweak from there. If this sounds to complicated then you will be better off taking it to a small engine mech....but honestly take a few minutes, you tube cleaning that carb, and give it a go!

I've done carb cleaner into the intake for a lawn more with good results but wasn't sure about something this small. I'll have to give it a try.

wildrose
12-29-2019, 09:26 AM
Check out Complete small engine repair in west end of Edmonton just picked up a carb kit for a strikemaster .

Kim473
12-31-2019, 04:57 AM
SeaFoam ! will clean out the gum deposits in no time at all. No need for a new carb.

Dean2
12-31-2019, 08:52 AM
Seafoam times 2. Add to your new #1 ethanol free mixed gas, run through auger, will run like brand new within one tank.

As far as a new carb, Amazon is far and away the cheapest place to get them. Most of the shops in Edmonton don't have stock on hand., by the time they order one in, Amazon would of had it to you 2 weeks earlier and for far less money.

calgarygringo
12-31-2019, 10:12 AM
Call a place called Toolstorm. They stock parts in Edmonton. I have ordered parts for my Eskimo from them and they usually arrive in Calgary in 2 days. Remember the carbs etc. are for Viper engines and are also used in many other small engine toys and are the same parts especially the Earthquake brand. Save some time and do not just search for Eskimo parts as hardly any are stocked. Viper parts are very available out there if you widen your search options.