PDA

View Full Version : Vexilar bottom reading question

Leeber
12-30-2019, 09:49 PM
Hey everyone, who’s had a vexilar unit show a double flash on the bottom?Basically a thick red line directly above the “actual” bottom. Fished all day thinking a nice fish was hanging off the bottom in every hole.....just checked in my garage and it does the same thing. Seems to get worse (more pronounced between the two flashes) the deeper I went. Reached out to vex but thought I’d check with you fine people as well. Thanks. Flx20 if it matters
Ps- messes with the digital depth as it doesn’t know which of the readings is the bottom I believe. Jumps up and down while staying still

Brodhead
12-31-2019, 01:58 AM
Do you have the latest update? The bottom bouncing up and down sounds like a bug i had before updating

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Dean2
12-31-2019, 08:56 AM
I have never heard of being able to update the Vexillar software. Would love to know how to do that.

For now, I would check the simplest things. Clean bottom of transducer with alcohol so there is no water scum on it. You likely have your gain turned too far up and are getting a double bottom signal. Turn the gain down. If you have one with the interference setting you can test various settings of them too. Your depth range set wrong and this will make reading it hard too. Both gain and interference will create a false bottom reading. As far as trying it in the garage, unless you are shooting through water the readings aren't accurate.

YeeHaw
01-01-2020, 06:06 PM
Also try lightly sanding the transducer connection, it was an issue with mine