PDA

View Full Version : crawling valley

bowfin
07-20-2009, 10:53 PM
anyone been out to the valley this yr was wondering about the new marina do they have slips there can you rent them for the day or week and did they build a beach there yet i heard last yr they were going to build a beach by the boat launch was thinking about going camping there but the kids don't like it because there's no beach but dad sure likes the fishing there lol

harryones
07-21-2009, 08:50 AM
You can rent the slips for $10.00 a day. The new launch and dock are really nice, very sheltered from the wind. No beach there yet, half the campground is under construction with them putting in the power sites. Fishing has been really good there lately..Have fun.

spinerfisher
07-21-2009, 10:55 AM
Fishing is great at CVR. Just be aware to follow the regs as ive been there about 15 times this year and been check 12 times by cos, peace officers. I have been going thier for 15 years now and this year has been the most ive seen them around here, good to see. Talked with one co(Darren) and says that the amount of pouching going on here is unreal. Wife and i watched him hand out $400 fines to a bunch- illegal everything they were doing. Good Job out to the co's

bowfin
07-21-2009, 11:19 AM
thanks for the reply guys
good to see there finally doing something about the poachering there was camped there last yr by the spillway and seen guys fishing after sunset called the r.a.p. every night and never seen a co come out even to take a look. spinfisher did they have a boat out there or just checking people on shore last year i got checked on the lake co was on a wave runner nice guy gave me a warning for empty beer can in boat lol gave him a bottle of water and he was off seen him at the boat launch a few hours later and he told me about all the tickets he had given out i told him come to my camp and wait till sunset and see all the fishing going on after sunset but he had to go but he said he would check it out later

spinerfisher
07-21-2009, 02:01 PM
Was there again few weekends ago and same co (darren) came by to check out people in the spillway. He then came over to us, as wife and i shore fish as well to see how the day was going as he already reconizes us now as we been checked by him at least 10 times:lol: shot the breeze for a bit and he was telling us about there nighttime operations on the lake. Honestly he could've stayed all day with the stories he had and really makes you think how people abuse our fisheries. Sorry for the rambling on but its really interesting when you here it from their prospective on what they encounter. Anyways to answer your question, yes they do night patrols on the lake and go to ANY boat after sunset to check things out.Also do it during the day.If they dont have a boat, they will wait for the boats to come in and check. CO said this and that they are going to hit it hard this summer for pouchers.

deschambault
07-21-2009, 10:31 PM
The F&W guys are there every weekend and I hope they nail the poachers. I talked to the one guy this weekend who said that the walleye density was down 40% over 4 years ago and they suspect poaching is the cause. That said though, we certainly caught walleye this weekend but not a single pike (first pike skunk of the year).

FunnyFish
07-22-2009, 12:40 PM
You guys catching many over the 3lb or 22" mark?

Thanks.
FF