PDA

View Full Version : Camping Trip August Long

Sir. Kenneth
07-21-2009, 11:08 AM
Trying to figure out a camping trip for August long, Was thinking about heading out in the Sundre area, possibly tall timber or fallen timber? I have heard there are arctic greyling in Fallen Timber? Anybody got any tips on catching these beauties?

troutpirate
07-21-2009, 03:47 PM
Trying to figure out a camping trip for August long, Was thinking about heading out in the Sundre area, possibly tall timber or fallen timber? I have heard there are arctic greyling in Fallen Timber? Anybody got any tips on catching these beauties?

whoever told you this does not know how to identify fish. i dont how people still confuse grayling and mountain whitefish? given the size of the graylings dorsal fin identifying them should be a "no-brainer".
in alberta stream dwelling populations of arctic grayling are found only in the athabasca and peace river drainages. they also occasionally show up in the belly river but this is rare.
fallen timber creek is a nice little brown trout stream though. it also has a some brookies, a few bulls, and mountain whitefish.
personally i would take fallen timber cr over an alberta grayling stream in day.

Remi3006
07-23-2009, 04:06 PM
Was out there a few weeks ago (fallen timber) ... Lots of little browns hitting