PDA

View Full Version : Bassano Dam

spinerfisher
07-21-2009, 02:34 PM
Fished below the dam and at first i was using a jig. As i walking downstream past 10 or so people i noticed they were catching goldeye left,right and center on a fly or wire worm. I put on a bobber and tied on a bead head fly and was catching them everycast as well. Never before have i caught one or seen one, so it was a blast. 18 goldeye in 2 hours and lost many more then that( Rookie hook setter) Also 2 walleyes on the jig i tried before i left. People beside me kept saying why dont keep, why dont keep. I say to them dont eat fish,dont eat fish:huh:Anyways, just wondering has anyone on the board that has fished there before caught any Sturgeon?

romel
07-21-2009, 03:26 PM
hi there,

can you plz give me the direction to the dam from calgary, i guess near the dam will be the best choice, but after HYW 1 ..which will be my best choice. thanks

spinerfisher
07-21-2009, 03:38 PM
Best advise i can give is go to Bassano, turn off of hwy 1 to the esso and go down that road till the stop sign, turn left and about 1km theres a sign Bassano dam, turn here, cross the tracks and go to the end, another set of tracks to cross right when the pavement ends, follow through. Hope this helps, not the best directions but once you see the sign youll have an idea.

romel
07-21-2009, 04:12 PM
thanks dude!! planning to go there soon :)

marlin1
07-21-2009, 04:59 PM
fished there years ago.13 pound pike 11 pound pike , rainbows up to 4 pounds and some tulibee or whitefish not sure which. They didn't look like any whites I had caught before ,rocky or lake and no they weren't goldeye cause I have caught them too just not at bassano.I'm sure things have changed over the years , back then there were 10 pound rainbows in crawling valley!