PDA

View Full Version : Fish Mounting

-NDN-
06-01-2007, 03:31 PM
The season is upon us and I have been getting a real kick out of having wildlife mounts on the wall or on Furniture.

The wife gave the ok this year to have 2 or 3 Fish Mounts done depending on the cost since i didnt take anything to the taxidermist during hunting season.

Anyone know of a taxidermist in the edmonton are or within 2 hours, that has a reputation of doing a great job on fish? Intrested in some kind of a display with sand, gravel, driftwood or something along that line.

If you have any fish mounts, please feel free to post them on this thread, wouldnt mind seeing some, as long as they are yours and not ones you find all over the net

Winchester70
06-01-2007, 04:27 PM
13 lbs 4 oz brown trout caught in Obed lake about 12 years ago.I forgot the name of the taxidermist but he was an older fellow in Sherwood Park.
The picture doesn't do it justice but he did a great job on him.:)

Rockymtnx
06-01-2007, 04:44 PM
http://www.westerosewilderness.com/

slipbobber
06-01-2007, 05:57 PM
Why not get a fiberglass replica of your trophy fish?

-NDN-
06-02-2007, 04:11 AM
Why not get a fiberglass replica of your trophy fish?

gotta find someone who can do either or, first.

Thx for that link Rockymtnx. went through the photogalleries on that site, that guy is quite the artist:eek:

and Win70, thats one nice brown, i dont think you see them that big out of Obed anymore. very nice fish.

~Octane~
06-02-2007, 04:27 AM
Oh ya, you sure do..the lakes just super hard to fish now, theres only a few spots that you have a chance at catching one, and even that you may get one bite in a day, if your lucky...but it will be big.

-NDN-
06-02-2007, 04:38 AM
or not:scared:

~Octane~
06-02-2007, 03:08 PM
?? im serious, have heard that from several people now..I guess your denial is telling you no, lol

bearbait
06-02-2007, 03:13 PM
obed creek is the place to go...if you bush wack theres some nice fish in there...look it up in the berry mitchll book!!

-NDN-
06-02-2007, 04:00 PM
yeah, not a bad place, to much work for me, LOL. if im driving that far ill shoot down to upper Mcleod and try a few new spots

Duk Dog
06-02-2007, 07:57 PM
Check out this link for replica work..

http://www.fishermanstale.com/

TreeGuy
06-02-2007, 10:26 PM
I'm thinking hard about getting a Lake Trout mounting done this year. It seems like there aren't alot of guys who even want to do this sort of thing. Why? I know little of the art of taxidermy, but are fish more difficult to do? Last I heard was that if you could find someone, they charged about $100/foot.

I am willing to spend my money on quality work. I just need to find a place to spend it. :wave:

Tree

Rockymtnx
06-02-2007, 10:58 PM
Hey NDN
I seen an ad in my latest issue of AO an ad for a place that looks like they do some pretty good work.

Alberta Field & Stream Professional Taxidermists Inc.
1-866-662-0077
I wish they had a website to check out. The add looks great.

The other guy (Quinn) I listed above, from www.westerosewilderness.com will be doing my future work. His quality is AAA.

-NDN-
06-03-2007, 04:10 AM
Hey NDN
I seen an ad in my latest issue of AO an ad for a place that looks like they do some pretty good work.

Alberta Field & Stream Professional Taxidermists Inc.
1-866-662-0077
I wish they had a website to check out. The add looks great.

The other guy (Quinn) I listed above, from www.westerosewilderness.com will be doing my future work. His quality is AAA.

No Kidding, i dont blame you, that guys website and stuff he does is insane.

I just noticed the add for that
Alberta Field & Stream Professional Taxidermists Inc., Tofield is nice and close to edmonton, ill have to give them a shout and find out some information.

And thx Duk for providing that link.:)

Rockymtnx
06-03-2007, 12:59 PM
Let me know if you get a price list from thoose guys in Tofeild.

-NDN-
06-03-2007, 06:49 PM
ya no problem, was planning on calling them tomorrow afternoon and finding out what i need to do to care for the catch, or what i need for a replica etc etc.

getting kinda excited to catch a decent fish worthy of a mount.