PDA

View Full Version : Pee ood

fickell
07-21-2009, 07:13 PM
Drove and towed boat all the way in to rock lake north of Hinton to find out electric motors only I came home and went to Gov. web site and it says power boating and and swimming as things to do at rock lake I cant wait to get on the phone in the morning Does any one know when this had changed

moosemad
07-21-2009, 07:28 PM
Been there done that. Got a e-mail back from the gov't showing motor boat lakes but they also added the local munincipality can change that if they like. The info was useless, let me know if you find anything better,good luck.:mad2:

fishman
07-21-2009, 09:55 PM
I have been to this lake and seen it didn't stop alot of other people with gas motors they were putting around like nobodys business

Cal
07-21-2009, 10:02 PM
I respect your compliance fickel. As much as I hate to say it I would probably have taken her out. Thanks for having way more self control than I do.

huntin'fool
07-22-2009, 09:52 PM
compliance, sorry, but there is nothing illegal about using a motor boat at Rock Lake.

seahawkfisher
07-26-2009, 10:24 PM
just got back from rock; there are no signs stating electric only. we, along with everybody else with a gas motor were out on the lake, doin our thing. I even made sure to look at all the signage at both launches - did not find anything not permitting motors.

if you are willing to make the trip, the boat launches and the washed-out road in should be enough to keep the m***** out of there; i don't think gas motors need to be banned there.
cheers

fickell
07-27-2009, 09:15 AM
After I got ahold of parks they said west fraser had no permision to post the signage saying electric only and parks took down all the signs and are going to contact me about west frasers answers as to why they put up the signs