PDA

View Full Version : Pine Coulee holiday over-AO gathering

calgarygringo
07-22-2009, 02:05 PM
Well just back and unloaded and parked the units from our week in Pine Coulee. Sun burnt, caught hundreds of fish, a few pops ,had a great AO gathering in the middle. Wow what a vacation.
Was nice to meet many from the board. The gathering was awesome. I have only read some of the gathering comments so far as I am just in rest mode for a few minutes but look like a good time by all. Yes Wayne had owned the dock from sun up to sundown. Even the F&W guy talked to me on the water yesterday and mentioned you. Turns out he is on the board too just didn't mention anything to anybody. To Jeff a big thanks for organizing and getting things done. Steve is an awesome meat guy and I am sure when time comes my 2 dogs will be his best friends too. He will know....
Dean, yes there are real big fish in this lake F&W guy told me a 22 lb Pike came out a couple weeks back. You just have to work harder.
Was nice to see Kathy and Billy come a long ways for the party as well.
My wife is reading the whole posting and laughing like crazy so should move on to check the gathering posting get Michelle some more votes so she can take us on a trip too.
And Fisherman Guy I saw a quick heading about your boat, don,t worry about that as at least you are out there catching fish.
I apologize if I missed anyone but I am sure you all will be remembered.
We have to do this again.
I have a question answer I will throw up later when I get some time after talking to F&W yesterday. Also the last 2 days there they have been doing netting and checking on the fish there.

Ken

nicemustang
07-22-2009, 02:22 PM
I have a question answer I will throw up later when I get some time after talking to F&W yesterday. Also the last 2 days there they have been doing netting and checking on the fish there.

I'll be interested in that...do you think they we looking at the population in preparation to opening it up for the tag system or for a limit? That would be great...

floppychicken
07-22-2009, 02:27 PM
I'll be interested in that...do you think they we looking at the population in preparation to opening it up for the tag system or for a limit? That would be great...

..those friggin' fish are waaaay too hungry ! Love to see a TAG system in place for that body of water. I wouldn't mind seeing a size limit on those Pike too... There are some MONSTERS in that reservoir.

Cheers,

/FC...

75ft Arborist
07-22-2009, 05:52 PM
imo the tag system is BS. Why should we have to pay per fish.:mad3: why cant we have regs like Saskatchewan. Less than 10 pages with slot limits This tag system is a total money grabber. I have lived in Alberta all my life, went fishing in Saskatchewan and saw the light. They have their crap together.

calgarygringo
07-22-2009, 06:48 PM
Check my question post as your answer is there what the plan may be for future...