PDA

View Full Version : The storm kickin stick .

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
07-23-2009, 11:34 AM
Has anyone seen these in the stores yet . Man this has gotta be a very hot lure . I was looking at some of the products from last weeks 2009 Icast show . :love::love::love: This I think is a must have in everyones tackle box . I think this would be the Ticket to big pike while trolling .

Some more infor about it Directly from Storm .

News Releases

Storm's® new Kickin' Stick™ is built for tenacity in fresh and sal****er
MINNETONKA, Minn. (July 14, 2009) - The summit of segmented swims baits has been reached with the Storm® Kickin' Stick™. This lure's supernatural swim action, caused by a three-segment body, solicits assaults by both fresh and sal****er brutes.

"The Kickin' Stick's segmented body mimics baitfish to a T," explains Rick Billings, Storm pro angler. "I can use it in multiple fishing scenarios, switching from sal****er to freshwater and keep the same struggling bait action."

The Kickin' Stick has a three-part segmented body, meticulously manufactured to depict struggling baitfish with an exaggerated kicking action. Its lipless front segment is designed to retrieve at a running depth of one-to-two feet below the surface. Combine that with an internal rattle and this lure is persuading big fish up the water column.

With color patterns designed to attract both fresh and sal****er fish, this lure arms anglers with a real sweet-talker. Options include Rainbow Trout; Fire Tiger; Chrome Perch; Black Chrome; Blue Chrome Orange; Blue Steel Shad; Chartreuse Purple Shad; Chrome Bunker and Gizzard Shad.

"I can cast the Kickin' Stick right above the fish," says Billings. "Its slow sinking action wiggles down about two feet, where I am then able to retrieve at virtually any pace and receive the exaggerated motion of the segmented bait I've always dreamed of."

The Kickin' Stick comes in four sizes: 5 inch weighing 2/3 ounce; 6 inch weighing 1 1/2 ounce and 8 inch weighing 2 2/3 ounces. Each size is outfitted with two Premium Black Nickel VMC® treble hooks for consistent hooksets.

Anglers no longer have to contemplate exaggerated soft bait shad prices; the Live Kickin' Stick is available for hardcore anglers who want the right lure to catch the right fish time and time again, without losing next year's angling license money.

The Kickin' Stick's functionality should be designated as barely-legal; its time to kick other segmented lures in the gills.

Click the link this is what she looks like .
http://www.stormlures.com/products/luresdetail.cfm?modelName=kickin_stick&freshorsalt=Both&type=hard_lures

Can you say :love::love::love: :love::love::love:

Cal
07-23-2009, 02:26 PM
Well... It looks a little more promising than the banjo minow. I dont think that thats an entirely new idea though. I've seen plugs with rattles and a couple segments like that in canadian tire but these ones are divers and have a lip on them. Have not heard anything one way or the other about them. These storm ones are bigger though which is nice. Let us know how they work BBJ.

nicemustang
07-23-2009, 02:33 PM
I think I saw something like this at Bass pro, but can't be certain. I'd buy one and try them for sure. But then again, I like to buy tackle everytime I'm in a store LOL.

floppychicken
07-23-2009, 02:39 PM
...Good Post there BBJ

Yeah I like the looks and colors of those bad-boyz ! That 8" is a GREAT size for TRAVERS ET AL.

Are these things at the BASS PRO Store or at the Fishin' Hole ? I'd definitely like to pick a bunch of these up ASAP.

Cheers, :)

/FC....

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
07-23-2009, 03:49 PM
Well... It looks a little more promising than the banjo minow. I dont think that thats an entirely new idea though. I've seen plugs with rattles and a couple segments like that in canadian tire but these ones are divers and have a lip on them. Have not heard anything one way or the other about them. These storm ones are bigger though which is nice. Let us know how they work BBJ.

It isnt the way its jointed its the way it swims is whats new . Theyve designed it so that as you jerk it in an it sinks like its an injured bait fish . ITs quite interesting , actually , as a fella who is in the Tackle business , this is very exciteing . Ill be picking a 1/2 dozen of them up and test them out , Stay tuned .
Just made a call to fishing hole North , they have none , and no idea when they will arive .Nore does Wholesale sports .Or Fishing centre , Its doubtful that anyone in Canada will get it until next spring . Hummmmm I will look into it further .I will contact Storm and see what I can do . Stay tuned ladies and gents .

Beazer
07-23-2009, 11:03 PM
Looked for them today at Wholesale Sports and they didn't have them.
They look they would be a nice lure when the fish are sluggish.