PDA

View Full Version : Youth Compound Bow - Recommendations?

crwhite
02-05-2020, 05:36 PM
I am looking for a used youth compound bow for my 10 year old son.

Current draw length should be around 24” according to the charts.

Would like to have adjustable draw weight from 30 lbs and up. He’s a big bow and grows fast. Would like something he can use for a few years at least and start hunting with once he comes of age.

Looking for recommendations on a few used bow models you are familiar with and think would fit the bill.

Also, if you have something that would work, please contact me. Located in Coaldale, AB, but travel across the province often.

Thanks so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bonedogg
02-06-2020, 10:58 AM
I'm in the same boat for my son, any ideas?
I didn't like the options i've seen so far.

brendan's dad
02-06-2020, 12:55 PM
Check out the link below. I would buy locally if I were you, but you can you the info for research and reviews

https://www.lancasterarchery.com/bows/youth-bows/compound-bow-packages.html

Engels
02-06-2020, 01:40 PM
Diamond infinite edge would be a good choice. Its a bow he could grow with for years if need be and is available locally.

bezzola
02-06-2020, 03:12 PM
My son started out on a diamond

BuckCuller
02-06-2020, 03:33 PM
Bear Cruzer G2 is a nice light highly adjustable bow also.

DeadEyeGardner
02-06-2020, 06:48 PM
We chose a diamond atomic for our 5 year old and he loves it, also it’s extremely adjustable and he will shoot it easily for 5 years or so, until I splurge on an APA rattler for him. Check out APA’s starter bows, they won’t disappoint. Price point is the major factor tho, depending what you will spend. Higher end bows, in used condition, Can be a great way to go. That’s what I do for myself even.

7magtime
02-10-2020, 09:47 AM
We chose a diamond atomic for our 5 year old and he loves it, also it’s extremely adjustable and he will shoot it easily for 5 years or so, until I splurge on an APA rattler for him. Check out APA’s starter bows, they won’t disappoint. Price point is the major factor tho, depending what you will spend. Higher end bows, in used condition, Can be a great way to go. That’s what I do for myself even.

x2 on the Diamond Atomic, great youth bow! My smaller framed 10 year old has been shooting his for almost a year now and loves it, he should get another summer or two out of it I think....

bonedogg
02-10-2020, 10:42 AM
fantastic gentlemen, thanks for the direction. I will look into the Diamond bows

crwhite
02-11-2020, 11:35 AM
Thanks everyone for your responses!!

FallAirFever
03-28-2020, 11:28 AM
Diamond infinite edge would be a good choice. Its a bow he could grow with for years if need be and is available locally.

Yup totally agree with this. A couple of my kids grew up with this a Diamond Infinite edge. Easily and highly adjustable. Light bow that is easy for young shooters to keep on target. My oldest son shot his until he was 17 and 6’1” tall. The accessories that come on the bow aren’t great we ended up upgrading all of them, mostly I got new gear and passed my old stuff down.

Big Lou
03-28-2020, 01:01 PM
Bought an APA Rattler for my soon to be 13 year old daughter. I’m pretty impressed with it thus far. Service is a big plus buying Canadian. I found a small machining error with a limb pocket and wanted it replaced. Had a new part in my hands and on the bow in two days. Nothing wrong with other options mentioned either.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200328/8f3f5a7ebbff6f2f5474553085387eed.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

darpoh
03-30-2020, 03:53 PM
Looking at an Elite Ember for my daughter.