PDA

View Full Version : Ian Stables- scumbag Saskatchewan farmer beat the system

Ken07AOVette
02-17-2020, 09:27 AM
After stealing and selling 1.2 million dollars worth of John Deere equipment, he says he cant remember doing it. 'Guess I have some mental issues'.

2 years 'house arrest'.

Minimal restitution.

I hope he loses everything.

2 years in court for this?

58thecat
02-17-2020, 09:59 AM
Seems to be a card to play in today's world.....you can kill someone on a bus to and get away with it by just playing a mental health issue card.....sad.

That answers why our turd get away with stuff too.....periodically has a mental health issue.....

Now don't get me wrong I know there are people who legitimately have these issues and rightfully need help and assistance but man when you play that card when caught doing illegal activities etc....rope...neck...tree...hard drive disconnected.

gman1978
02-17-2020, 09:59 AM
Steal 1.2 million and that’s all you get? Welcome to Canada

Zip
02-17-2020, 11:05 AM
Nothing about this sentence is okay.. I wonder what happens if I stole 1.2 mil but owned up to it, 5 years In jail...I bet it matters on who I would have took it from!
Not sure how this sentence is much of a deterrent to reoffend!
Zip:)

AndrewM
02-17-2020, 11:06 AM
Shut down a country and we will pay you money. Terrorize our country, we give you money. Steal equipment get a slap on the wrist. This country is setting itself up for a revolt and it’s not going to be small one. Hopefully main stream media won’t connect it to racism this time as that’s clearly not the problem.

Sundancefisher
02-17-2020, 11:08 AM
This is a 2017 story. Something new come up? I can’t find it.

https://thestarphoenix.com/news/local-news/saskatchewan-rancher-gets-house-arrest-for-theft-of-1-2-million-in-farm-equipment

Saskatchewan rancher gets house arrest for theft of $1.2 million in farm equipment
Company employees flew over Stables' ranch and saw stolen John Deere equipment, leading to the RCMP search.

BETTY ANN ADAM, SASKATOON STARPHOENIX Updated: December 15, 2017

AndrewM
02-17-2020, 11:10 AM
This is a 2017 story. Something new come up? I can’t find it.

https://thestarphoenix.com/news/local-news/saskatchewan-rancher-gets-house-arrest-for-theft-of-1-2-million-in-farm-equipment

Saskatchewan rancher gets house arrest for theft of $1.2 million in farm equipment
Company employees flew over Stables' ranch and saw stolen John Deere equipment, leading to the RCMP search.

BETTY ANN ADAM, SASKATOON STARPHOENIX Updated: December 15, 2017

Lol someone fell for the Facebook repost. Wouldn’t surprise me if happened today though.

58thecat
02-17-2020, 11:34 AM
Shut down a country and we will pay you money. Terrorize our country, we give you money. Steal equipment get a slap on the wrist. This country is setting itself up for a revolt and it’s not going to be small one. Hopefully main stream media won’t connect it to racism this time as that’s clearly not the problem.

look at the idiot running this country....there's your answer...surrounded by leaders with no concept of the ability to lead integrity goes a long way but if it is missing as in this case well we see the result.

Integrity means following your moral or ethical convictions and doing the right thing in all circumstances, even if no one is watching you. Having integrity means you are true to yourself and would do nothing that demeans or dishonors you.....hmmm

AndrewM
02-17-2020, 11:38 AM
look at the idiot running this country....there's your answer...surrounded by leaders with no concept of the ability to lead integrity goes a long way but if it is missing as in this case well we see the result.

Integrity means following your moral or ethical convictions and doing the right thing in all circumstances, even if no one is watching you. Having integrity means you are true to yourself and would do nothing that demeans or dishonors you.....hmmm

Completely agree. Need to make a decision that’s best for a country not best for your voters.

Grumpy Old Man
02-17-2020, 11:45 AM
Yup just more stupid Crap from this bleeding heart Liberal society

Grizzly Adams
02-17-2020, 11:53 AM
Everyone apparently should have an Uncle from Chicago, as an Italian I knew years ago, used to say. Just heard the other day that one of the local Slimeys was mysteriously, severely beaten up and put in the hospital . :D

Grizz

Trochu
02-17-2020, 01:17 PM
Seems some are up in arms over incorrect information:
-the majority, if not all the equipment, was returned;
-he did admit to stealing the equipment; and,
-some on here likely have alot of money, but I wouldn't necessarily consider $115k "minimal".

Could it have be more severe? You bet. Considering though that you can kill someone and only get 3-4 years, I was kinda surprised it was as harsh as it was.

tool
02-17-2020, 01:39 PM
After stealing and selling 1.2 million dollars worth of John Deere equipment, he says he cant remember doing it. 'Guess I have some mental issues'.

2 years 'house arrest'.

Minimal restitution.

I hope he loses everything.

2 years in court for this?

I’m not aware of one single piece that he sold??

He stole the stuff and hid it in a bale yard, it was discovered by owners of some of the stolen equipment when they saw it from their private plane in said baleyard.

He also jumped off a bridge in Saskatoon in a suicide attempt.

Ken07AOVette
02-17-2020, 05:06 PM
I’m not aware of one single piece that he sold??

He stole the stuff and hid it in a bale yard, it was discovered by owners of some of the stolen equipment when they saw it from their private plane in said baleyard.

He also jumped off a bridge in Saskatoon in a suicide attempt.

Almost half of the restitution will go to two people, Howard Toews and Ron Brown, who bought some of the equipment from Stables, according to defence lawyer Brad Mitchell.