PDA

View Full Version : Tolman bridge fishing

Easywean
07-24-2009, 01:29 PM
Hey all, I would like to go fishing down at Tolman bridge - are they any good spots anyone knows of? Just getting started fishing again after a few year hiatus. Looking for somewhere I can take my 4yr old and catch a few fish.

Thanks!

troller
07-24-2009, 01:40 PM
Hey all, I would like to go fishing down at Tolman bridge - are they any good spots anyone knows of? Just getting started fishing again after a few year hiatus. Looking for somewhere I can take my 4yr old and catch a few fish.

Thanks!

West side of the river. Head downstream from the boat launch. Fish up and down that area (from boat launch to bend). You will find a good hole or 2. Pretty much yellow anything for goldeyes (usually a yellow/red 5 of diamonds) or pickerel rig with worms or worms under a bobber.
Good luck to you :)

Just remember you have to be downstream of the bridge to use bait.

Oh yeah just remembered. If you fish around the beaver hut by the boat launch you can sometimes catch a small pike or 2. That's where my daughter caught her first, I never seen a pike so small LOL.

It was awesome to her though!!

Easywean
07-24-2009, 01:52 PM
Thanks for the tips Troller I'll try them out tonite!

troller
07-24-2009, 01:56 PM
No problem. Hope it works well for you tonight. Let me know how you make out, hoping to get back there in August this year *sigh* :)