PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Lake....2022 ??

graybeard
03-02-2020, 07:55 AM
Has anyone been to Bruce Lake this year (just north and east of Calgary)?

I searched AO and the last entry was just after Christmas 2019, with members wondering as well.

Any idea of the conditions? Ice thickness? Did it ever recover from that horrible winter kill of a couple of years?

In the past, the second body of water was certainly the better of them.

Thanks,

BushNinja
03-26-2020, 06:35 PM
Was wondering the same myself. Might go check it out- have you found any other info or checked it out?

graybeard
03-27-2020, 10:39 AM
Was wondering the same myself. Might go check it out- have you found any other info or checked it out?

No I have not...zero, nadda, zilch....

Bulletproof
03-27-2020, 03:01 PM
Was there in December before you could drive on. Super slow compared to previous years but there are fish there. Think I only landed a few both times I tried it. This lake sees lots of pressure.

Brett

BushNinja
03-27-2020, 04:35 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhh, will keep it in the radar. Always looking for productive area to take the kiddos, they seem to be catching more than me lately anyways lol

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

goku88
03-28-2020, 01:57 AM
Ahhhhhhhhhhh, will keep it in the radar. Always looking for productive area to take the kiddos, they seem to be catching more than me lately anyways lol

i want to go there too. first lake has nothing but baby pike caught one by hand. pike was gorging on minnows. too full to swim away. he was swimming in 8 inch of water. anybody have any idea where to park to get to second lake.

BushNinja
03-29-2020, 05:04 AM
Pretty sure it's a hike or drive through

graybeard
01-21-2022, 10:12 AM
I am just bumping the thread up from 2020.....

Anyone care to up date it at all.....? Things can change in two years.
Thanks,

N.S.hunter
01-23-2022, 08:21 PM
There yesterday and completely dead. Talked to local guy and he said he saw 6 caught last yr and no one has caught any since. He thinks someone poisoned the lake. We usually catch at least one every time we go. Not a nibble.