PDA

View Full Version : Shoulder surgery rehab.

trigger7mm
03-11-2020, 12:15 PM
Hello everyone! I’m scheduled to have shoulder surgery, and am wondering if anybody has a Cyro cuff type thermal device that they would like to sell. A motorized one would be preferable. Thanks.

Burrowing Owl
03-11-2020, 03:34 PM
Sorry, do not have one for sale, but even if you have to buy new, it is a lifesaver!

We were lucky enough to be able to borrow one, but I would have sold my first born for the ability to buy one. Seriously a lifesaver.

Offwork
03-11-2020, 04:25 PM
I have one for knee’s, and consider it to be a marvellous piece of equipment and well worth the investment. It provides Much better and consistent coverage than plastic bagged ice cubes or frozen peas wrapped in a towel. Convenient to use and clean.
Not sure if the knee model would be adaptable for shoulders, but in any event Mine is not for sale as I will need it as am scheduled for my other knee replacement, & expecting call soon for surgery date.

Recommend you pursue obtaining one, what about kijii for used.

Good luck with the rehab.

the hammer
03-11-2020, 04:55 PM
PM me so I can send you pic of what I used for my rotator cuff surgery

Gramps.257
03-11-2020, 10:01 PM
i still have mine from my shoulder replacement 2 years ago. Im in edmonton and you?

CranePete
03-11-2020, 11:48 PM
Absolute life saver! There are different cuffs available. Was one for sale here a while back. Good luck, listen to your surgeon for after care. Follow the rehab physio like your life depends on it.

trigger7mm
03-12-2020, 10:15 AM
i still have mine from my shoulder replacement 2 years ago. Im in edmonton and you?

Hi Gramps, is yours a motor operated device? Would you be willing to sell it? I live near Hardisty, but come to the city quite a bit. Thanks.

Gramps.257
03-12-2020, 10:58 AM
Hi Gramps, is yours a motor operated device? Would you be willing to sell it? I live near Hardisty, but come to the city quite a bit. Thanks.

Yes the one i have is a plug in model.Its has a cooler type Reservoir you can put ice and water in (or warm water) and a bladder shoulder blanket with a intake and return line on it. It was the best thing i found to keep the swelling down and can be Velcroed in place around the shoulder or just draped over as for the 1st few weeks you have no mobility after surgery.I cant remember how much we paid for it but at the time it was definite sticker shocker priced(my wife thinks it was 500) but if it helps you out i will let it go cheap.

Gramps.257
03-12-2020, 11:13 AM
Just dug it out and have everything you need for it. 50$ and its yours or if times are tight we can work something out

Gramps.257
03-12-2020, 11:22 AM
This is the one i have and i see its listed for 325$ for everything you need online. Seem local medical supply shops have quite the markup because we paid almost 600 with tax according to the receipt i found for it. https://coldtherapycanada.ca/

Nova
03-12-2020, 06:48 PM
I hadn't heard of the cryo cuff before. I might have to look into it a bit more as it looks like it could be beneficial to me. I've been struggling with shoulder issues for a while (bursitis and tendinosis). Had a couple cortisone shots and have been doing physio, was gradually improving for a while and then the last month has gradually gotten worse to the point it is probably worse off than before I started physio. Sounds like two months would be unusually quick for the cortisone to have worn off already, but that's what I'm thinking happened.

trigger7mm
03-12-2020, 07:19 PM
Two months is what I was getting out of my cortisone shots. I’ve had 4 of them. You may have an impingement problem. Mine are severely impinged, and now it is down to surgery. Both shoulders. Months of physio didn’t help me at all. If anything, I think it just aggravated it more. You might have to have your doctor set you up for an MRI to confirm this. Good luck, dealing with this sucks!

trigger7mm
03-12-2020, 07:21 PM
Just dug it out and have everything you need for it. 50$ and its yours or if times are tight we can work something out

Wow, thanks Gramps. I would be more than happy to give you $100 for it.

GWS
03-13-2020, 09:10 PM
You can get one of those plug in timers and set it half hour on half hour off for ice through the night or naps.
If you get the nerve block, make sure you get pain meds on board before block wears off.

Carriertxv
03-13-2020, 09:45 PM
Hello everyone! I’m scheduled to have shoulder surgery, and am wondering if anybody has a Cyro cuff type thermal device that they would like to sell. A motorized one would be preferable. Thanks.

I’m surprised where you are getting surgery at doesn’t supply it. As I’ve had both shoulder done and got one both times.
Both done at Canadian Surgery Solutions in Calgary.