PDA

View Full Version : The end of globalism!!!!

Drewski Canuck
03-12-2020, 10:32 AM
With Individual Countries acting,..... individually, it is clear that the idea of one planet - one nation, is dead.

Thanks to a Virus outbreak, Individual Nations are becoming isolated Islands from each other, and the trade dependency between Nations is falling apart.

Donald Trump's idea of reducing foreign dependency by bringing jobs back home to the United States was far ahead of its time. Trump did it to stop the world from exporting US Jobs abroad.

Little did we know that the Covid 19 Virus has made every Nation very Self Aware of its manufacturing shortcomings, with the reality of Supply Chain disruptions in another Country that is reeling under the Virus outbreak.

This is not a Geo Political issue so much as it is a Geo Pandemic issue.

As for the the run on the Stock Market to extract cash, the simple question is what will your cash buy you when you cannot get goods from another Country because their manufacturing and agricultural sector is being hammered by a sick or dying workforce?

You will notice the ABSOLUTE SILENCE from the Globalists in the United Nations. They are not offering any solution to the problem that is emerging. What they are doing is turning tail and running to get back home from New York, and bracing for the worst in their home Nation.

What is most sad, is that the Nations of the World were suckered by the fairy tale view of how things COULD BE if the World was one, by making the Industrialized First World Nations sacrifice their economies to benefit the 3rd World Nations.

Our own Globalist Liberals in Ottawa are now looking pretty lonely when they realize that Canada lacks the manufacturing capacity to self sustain to any degree.

As for the 3rd World Nations who will bear the brunt of the Pandemic, because their corrupt Governments did not develop a viable health care system for their People, it will be more of the same: Death, Starvation, War....

As for now, perhaps Ottawa can follow the lead of the US and make the focus of Canadian Government to be Canadian Citizens for a change.

Drewski

elkhunter11
03-12-2020, 10:54 AM
Hopefully, this crisis causes issues within the UN.

tirebob
03-12-2020, 10:59 AM
Pipe dreaming boys... This is just the excuse they will need to push globalism to an even more extreme degree! Just watch... "We all need to work together to survive now... The species depends on it and it is a moral imperative that we all participate or you are a thoughtless, evil human being!" :angry3:

ghostguy6
03-12-2020, 11:03 AM
I'm thinking the opposite might happen in the long run. If a UN nation develops the first vaccine or even a cure they UN will take credit and say it was a global effort. They might even push even more for total global equality because some nations suffered more than others.

elkhunter11
03-12-2020, 11:04 AM
Pipe dreaming boys... This is just the excuse they will need to push globalism to an even more extreme degree! Just watch... "We all need to work together to survive now... The species depends on it and it is a moral imperative that we all participate or you are a thoughtless, evil human being!" :angry3:

Unfortunately, many sheeple will likely buy into that nonsense.

6.5 shooter
03-12-2020, 11:09 AM
I have visions of Star trek...running through my head...oh what a wonderful world it will be.......NOT.....:scared0018:

Bigwoodsman
03-12-2020, 11:12 AM
I listened to a pod cast last night that featured a prominent USA doctor, he predicted this lack of preparedness to years ago.

An interesting statement he made is that there are 153 generic drugs on carts in an ER that anyone of could need to ensure that we live. All of these drugs are manufactured in China.

I'm betting the USA doesn't farm out its ammunitions supply, why would we farm out our pharmaceuticals?

I'm pretty sure this pandemic will cause a severe shift in supply chain management and manufacturing.

BW

cranky
03-12-2020, 11:13 AM

Gotta agree with Bob on this one.

KinAlberta
03-12-2020, 12:12 PM
End of globalism?

You mean no one buys Alberta’s oil anymore?

El Carnicero
03-12-2020, 12:17 PM
It has actually crossed my mind in a conspiracy theory type way that this is a practice run to see how effective and efficiently governments can stop or reduce travel and control or restrict the movement and gatherings of their populations and how easy or hard it will be for the governments to initiate this is real life.
But then again I might be crazy.

tirebob
03-12-2020, 12:20 PM
It has actually crossed my mind in a conspiracy theory type way that this is a practice run to see how effective and efficiently governments can stop or reduce travel and control or restrict the movement and gatherings of their populations and how easy or hard it will be for the governments to initiate this is real life.
But then again I might be crazy.I had exactly the same thoughts. This is just a test to see how the world reacts and behaves with some bigger ulterior motive behind it. By no means am I saying this is a fact. It just would not surprise me. With the way things are in the world, how anyone can put faith in the powers that be is beyond me. I just roll with whatever is happening and call it a day.

ganderblaster
03-12-2020, 12:43 PM
I had exactly the same thoughts. This is just a test to see how the world reacts and behaves with some bigger ulterior motive behind it. By no means am I saying this is a fact. It just would not surprise me. With the way things are in the world, how anyone can put faith in the powers that be is beyond me. I just roll with whatever is happening and call it a day.

yeppers, people have been eating and having "relations" with weird and wacky animals for years. Remember Ebola? Could be legit too but as you said^^^^

El Carnicero
03-12-2020, 12:44 PM
I had exactly the same thoughts. This is just a test to see how the world reacts and behaves with some bigger ulterior motive behind it. By no means am I saying this is a fact. It just would not surprise me. With the way things are in the world, how anyone can put faith in the powers that be is beyond me. I just roll with whatever is happening and call it a day.

That's pretty much how we are are dealing with it right now.

barbless
03-12-2020, 12:55 PM
So what happens when countries decide to stop importing and exporting food such as fruits and veggies. It could come down to it. Just might have to clean out Costco of all their frozen ones. Gonna start a new frenzy. Just go in and fill two shopping carts full and keep blabbing about no more imports of either one.

260 Rem
03-12-2020, 01:26 PM
Should this thread be resurrected in a year the world will be in recovery mode with globalism alive and well. Assuming a vaccine will be developed, only the antivaxer movement will be on life support.

Drewski Canuck
03-12-2020, 01:47 PM
So what happens when countries decide to stop importing and exporting food such as fruits and veggies. It could come down to it. Just might have to clean out Costco of all their frozen ones. Gonna start a new frenzy. Just go in and fill two shopping carts full and keep blabbing about no more imports of either one.

It's not so much that Countries stop importing and exporting food, it is more the case that the means to produce the food in a different nation may have been severely hampered, forcing the Importing Nation to look within.

We started taking fruit and vegetables from California in the Winter, because it was fresh, and not frozen, and relatively cheap. Then the production shifted to Mexico and lately Chile, as the labour costs where so low compared to California.

The present situation is a reminder of the fragile nature of our food supply. Yes, you can live without grapes and blueberries in January. Canada did just that for years. The frozen fruit and vegetable option was what Canada relied on for Decades before the global supply chain offered these goods fresh, and relatively cheap, in the middle of the winter.

As a reminder of the value of self sufficiency, a supply disruption would greatly benefit Canadian Agriculture, which has lost so much of its market to the lower cost producers in Mexico and Chile.

That would actually strengthen the Canadian Economy, and is a strike against Globalism.

As for the short term problem of hoarding frozen fruit and vegetables, people will do what people will do.

Drewski

sk270
03-12-2020, 01:48 PM

From the latter part of your post, I think you are joking. Of course, long before most of our leaders adopted a globalist agenda, most countries imported foods.

I think the really negative part of economic globalism was fueled by consumers' search for the lowest prices. That pushed manufacturing out of Canada and the US, mostly to Asia, especially China and India.

Perhaps the current COVID-19 situation will lead people to be willing to pay a little more for things made in this country such as medicines, health supplies, computers, electronics, and so on.

This doesn't mean I'd like to see a return to the Cold War either. It's just that the short-term economic benefits of globalism appear to have led our leaders to think that all kinds of globalism are better than looking after Canadians first.

I think that win-win is possible in global relationships. It doesn't have to be a zero-sum game, but we seem to have gone too far. When things get tough, human nature reverts to survival mode.

bobtodrick
03-12-2020, 02:07 PM

Yes, I too fear this will be the outcome.
Two things I've been saying since the mid 70's
-the Global Village just isn't going to work (like it or not, most people like to be around people like themselves)
-computers and robots doing all the work isn't going to be a good thing (nobody is going to pay us to sit on our duffs all day)

ghostguy6
03-12-2020, 02:50 PM

I just left a Costco, there are already people filling 2 or 3 carts with whatever they can. But they did have bottled water.

JeanCretien
03-12-2020, 04:57 PM
At the end of this, they will just say if only we had globalization blah blah think of the children, it’s Putin’s fault, if only we had liberalism. Prime minister Sparkle Socks already has a new costume picked out for the press conference I presume.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grizzly Adams
03-12-2020, 08:16 PM
Once the dust settles, it will be business as usual. My theory says it won't be one virus that does us in , but a series. The previous ones we were able to manage, this is the first one since the Spanish flu that got out of hand, in spite of all the scientific advances.

Grizz

cschache
03-13-2020, 12:55 AM

Im not disagreeing with you but globalism may be hard to push when there is no more globalists in power to push it and I would bet that there is no way that the U.S is going to have Alaska isolated or under threat in anyway, not to mention which military really runs NORAD and controls North America now.
In a nut shell this is how I see it right or wrong but I think It's close and I am sure there will be many that disagree and that's o.k . Wealth over generations buys power, power over generations buy more power and control,more wealth and control buys countries and its people, The top 3 (Tri Families/bloodlines) make up the eye of providence and each side of the triangle controls a certain subsect of power brokers. Many governments of the world feed the "eye", the other aspects of feeding the "eye are slush funds, war, environmental pacts like climate change and the list goes on.

I may not be 100 percent accurate with the triangle of power structure but I think it is close and I also think its all about to collapse, The House of Saud (Finance) worth 4 trillion fell 2 years ago, The Holy See(Vatican(Religion) worth 2 trillion is on the edge of falling if not already and that leaves the last which is the Military-Industrial Complex (U.S Military) prior to the current administration and we know who has control over that now. The rest like the UN etc are factions of each and all that falls into and fills the cracks that have been financing the whole thing for control/NWO from governments and the so called "leaders" that were installed not voted in by the citizens. Everything is connected one way or the other for the benefit of a few and not the general population, we are just a ways to there means.

"They" have kept control and power by controlling the narrative like owning they main stream media and the content that they want you to believe. They want everyone divide by religion, sex, class, education, political affiliation, language and the list goes on and as long as you we are hard at work trying to provide and stay in the black we have no time to see what's really going on.

Some or most are thinking "conspiracy theory", its just my opinion and you would be half right, conspiracy theory no but conspiracy yes. Oh and I know my grammar is not good so spare me the bashing. LOL

Cariboo
03-13-2020, 06:50 AM
Im not disagreeing with you but globalism may be hard to push when there is no more globalists in power to push it and I would bet that there is no way that the U.S is going to have Alaska isolated or under threat in anyway, not to mention which military really runs NORAD and controls North America now.
In a nut shell this is how I see it right or wrong but I think It's close and I am sure there will be many that disagree and that's o.k . Wealth over generations buys power, power over generations buy more power and control,more wealth and control buys countries and its people, The top 3 (Tri Families/bloodlines) make up the eye of providence and each side of the triangle controls a certain subsect of power brokers. Many governments of the world feed the "eye", the other aspects of feeding the "eye are slush funds, war, environmental pacts like climate change and the list goes on.

I may not be 100 percent accurate with the triangle of power structure but I think it is close and I also think its all about to collapse, The House of Saud (Finance) worth 4 trillion fell 2 years ago, The Holy See(Vatican(Religion) worth 2 trillion is on the edge of falling if not already and that leaves the last which is the Military-Industrial Complex (U.S Military) prior to the current administration and we know who has control over that now. The rest like the UN etc are factions of each and all that falls into and fills the cracks that have been financing the whole thing for control/NWO from governments and the so called "leaders" that were installed not voted in by the citizens. Everything is connected one way or the other for the benefit of a few and not the general population, we are just a ways to there means.

"They" have kept control and power by controlling the narrative like owning they main stream media and the content that they want you to believe. They want everyone divide by religion, sex, class, education, political affiliation, language and the list goes on and as long as you we are hard at work trying to provide and stay in the black we have no time to see what's really going on.

Some or most are thinking "conspiracy theory", its just my opinion and you would be half right, conspiracy theory no but conspiracy yes. Oh and I know my grammar is not good so spare me the bashing. LOL

Well said, It would be great to read a book or an article on "them" or "those elite"

Stinky Buffalo
03-13-2020, 07:04 AM

Been thinking along the same lines as well.

HalfBreed
03-13-2020, 07:49 AM
Well said, It would be great to read a book or an article on "them" or "those elite"

'Those' people, always stirring the custard with their fingers...

Drewski Canuck
03-14-2020, 09:51 AM
Well to all the nay sayers, more and more countries are "garrisoning", and suspending travel in and out of their country.

I just thawed out some frozen blueberries that we picked last summer. Most of the people who read this, have not picked a blue berry, or froze any, and will soon have no blueberries to purchase, to make the point.

You see, all that cheap, fresh produce that we are addicted to, comes by PLANE.

That is why we do not need to be self sufficient, and that is what has the glorious leaders most scared, but to halt the spread of Covid 19, rapid transportation must HALT. So does the Global production and distribution of the World's Food Supply.

Its not so much global trade that concerns me, that is good. it allows specialization, and exploitation of natural advantage for Countries to obtain trade goods that they do not have.

Wheat is a prime example. China sells finished goods produced at dirt cheap labour prices, and with the currency earned, buys wheat, often from the countries it sells cheap finished goods to. This is called "BALANCE OF TRADE". Their people get employment, currency, and the ability to buy cheap wheat produced in a Country that has ample agriculture and the economies of scale to produce cheap wheat.

The problem is the Politics that accompanies Globalism, which attempts to impose control by others on the suppliers and the consumers.

Often Control on Individual Nations comes from Global Organizations like the UN, G7, G20, GATT, TIDES FOUNDATION, and other NGO's, which really are Global Organizations with a Control Agenda for other Countries from other Countries or entities.

Now we see the Covid 19 Virus quickly dismantling Globalism, with the breakdown of Transportation, and the sudden realization that Nations are taking steps to care for themselves. Global politics and all it stands for, is falling apart.

Notice that some of the Countries with the Biggest Globalist Agendas are not offering to take infected and sick people from poorer Countries who do not have the means to care for the infected?

So here we are. Governments are trying to preserve their Nations, for themselves.

With a little luck, or a harsh dose of Mother Nature, Ottawa will take a step back from its Globalist agenda once this is all over, and will actually focus on Canada's Citizens for a change.

But that's just CRAZY TALK!!!

Drewski

Bigwoodsman
03-14-2020, 04:16 PM
Notice no one talking about climate change anymore? Greta’s been quiet lately.

BW

Drewski Canuck
03-14-2020, 04:22 PM
Where's that "How Dare You" Video Clip when I need it!

But yes, the need for self sufficiency in a time of Crisis is the very reason there has to be some Domestic production of essential goods when there is no Crisis. no one can time the next Crisis, and this business of Just In Time Manufacturing means that there is no supply cushion when the producing nation, or the World for that matter, gets disrupted.

Right now Germany is out of a number of Prescription Medicines. Pharmacists are telling people who rely on their Prescriptions to.... LIVE, that there may be some NEXT WEEK.

The German Pharmaceutical Giants had sent all production off shore to China, you see.

Drewski

tirebob
03-14-2020, 04:41 PM
Notice no one talking about climate change anymore? Greta’s been quiet lately.

BW
That will turn too... Just watch. Soon it will be “global warming means virus’ are getting stronger and more dangerous! This would not have happened if we had carbon tax blah, blah, blah... The end is near so give me your money and kill all capitalists!!!” It is coming...

Bigwoodsman
03-14-2020, 04:53 PM
That will turn too... Just watch. Soon it will be “global warming means virus’ are getting stronger and more dangerous! This would not have happened if we had carbon tax blah, blah, blah... The end is near so give me your money and kill all capitalists!!!” It is coming...

It’s sad but true!

BW

LOWA
03-14-2020, 05:10 PM
But then again I might be crazy.

Nothing ever happens by accident...:bad_boys_20:

Drewski Canuck
03-14-2020, 10:06 PM
Any Global Warming Impact from the Covid 19 Virus is a direct result of all the crematoriums running 24 / 7 in China.

Thanks again, China!

Drewski

cschache
03-14-2020, 11:00 PM

Just to add to my post, this article should also open some eyes and rethink their stance on certain issues.

https://breakingnewshouse.com/2019/08/09/george-soros-just-had-to-make-his-last-will-and-testament-public-and-it-is-terrifying/

IR_mike
03-14-2020, 11:09 PM
Just to add to my post, this article should also open some eyes and rethink their stance on certain issues.

https://breakingnewshouse.com/2019/08/09/george-soros-just-had-to-make-his-last-will-and-testament-public-and-it-is-terrifying/

You can't actually believe that?

grouse_hunter
03-14-2020, 11:26 PM

Lol. There is no such country as Hungaria...

cschache
03-14-2020, 11:41 PM
Lol. There is no such country as Hungaria...

https://sq.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungaria :sign0161:

cschache
03-14-2020, 11:48 PM
You can't actually believe that?

what part?

grouse_hunter
03-15-2020, 12:12 AM
https://sq.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungaria :sign0161:

The article from Wikipedia is in Hungarian. The original "news" article in question is in English. The name of the country is Hungary.

You are free to believe whatever it is that you choose to, however, I will err on the side of caution and will regard Breaking News House as a source of nonsensical drivel until proven otherwise.

kippered
03-22-2020, 11:08 PM
I'm imagining a bunch of Dale gribbles from King of the hill posting in this thread

midgetwaiter
03-22-2020, 11:29 PM
You are free to believe whatever it is that you choose to, however, I will err on the side of caution and will regard Breaking News House as a source of nonsensical drivel until proven otherwise.

I think it must be a parody site, look at the list of things his shadowy holding company “owns”. Yale University, Berkshire Hathaway, some deli and a fictional cabal guarding the descendants of Jesus that was featured in a Dale Brown novel.

caged
03-23-2020, 02:49 AM
With Individual Countries acting,..... individually, it is clear that the idea of one planet - one nation, is dead.

Thanks to a Virus outbreak, Individual Nations are becoming isolated Islands from each other, and the trade dependency between Nations is falling apart.

Donald Trump's idea of reducing foreign dependency by bringing jobs back home to the United States was far ahead of its time. Trump did it to stop the world from exporting US Jobs abroad.

Little did we know that the Covid 19 Virus has made every Nation very Self Aware of its manufacturing shortcomings, with the reality of Supply Chain disruptions in another Country that is reeling under the Virus outbreak.

This is not a Geo Political issue so much as it is a Geo Pandemic issue.

As for the the run on the Stock Market to extract cash, the simple question is what will your cash buy you when you cannot get goods from another Country because their manufacturing and agricultural sector is being hammered by a sick or dying workforce?

You will notice the ABSOLUTE SILENCE from the Globalists in the United Nations. They are not offering any solution to the problem that is emerging. What they are doing is turning tail and running to get back home from New York, and bracing for the worst in their home Nation.

What is most sad, is that the Nations of the World were suckered by the fairy tale view of how things COULD BE if the World was one, by making the Industrialized First World Nations sacrifice their economies to benefit the 3rd World Nations.

Our own Globalist Liberals in Ottawa are now looking pretty lonely when they realize that Canada lacks the manufacturing capacity to self sustain to any degree.

As for the 3rd World Nations who will bear the brunt of the Pandemic, because their corrupt Governments did not develop a viable health care system for their People, it will be more of the same: Death, Starvation, War....

As for now, perhaps Ottawa can follow the lead of the US and make the focus of Canadian Government to be Canadian Citizens for a change.

Drewski

Good insight, but we all need each other to survive. Divided stand, together we fall.

vcmm
03-23-2020, 06:11 AM
Any Global Warming Impact from the Covid 19 Virus is a direct result of all the crematoriums running 24 / 7 in China.

Thanks again, China!

Drewski

Nope!! All that will go in to the soup of the say. Whu who flu soup.:thinking-006::burp::sick:

6.5swedeforelk
03-23-2020, 08:58 AM
Good insight, but we all need each other to survive. Divided stand, together we fall.

Bizarro world thinking?