PDA

View Full Version : Blizzard pike

WayneChristie
03-12-2020, 04:53 PM
got out today, hoping to beat the snowstorms they are calling for. Had a decent time, I managed to land 7 pike, none over ten pounds today, although I did have a very heavy fish on for a while but I didnt see how big it was. I got to try out some artificial baits, namely Baitrix and was quite happy with them. I had a lot of bites on them, both the anchovy and herring versions. I caught one pike on a real herring, so I replaced it with a Baitrix one and caught the same fish again a couple minutes later , it even spit out my original bait. I would have liked to fish later but there were snowstorms moving in all directions so I figured Id better get off the ice and head home.

WayneChristie
03-12-2020, 04:55 PM
baits

WayneChristie
03-12-2020, 06:27 PM
https://youtu.be/A3WFfwovK5I

trigger7mm
03-12-2020, 07:38 PM
Do you usually leave your artificial hanging stationary, or do you jig them? Thanks for your neat videos, they are fun to watch.

WayneChristie
03-12-2020, 07:44 PM
Do you usually leave your artificial hanging stationary, or do you jig them? Thanks for your neat videos, they are fun to watch.

I usually end up jigging all my baits, if its slow the pike looking around can see them and they come check it out. some days it scares them away but most times at least a few will come. I do leave them still for periods too or at least one of them. The camera really helps figure out what they want, I forgot the card for the dvr today so no underwater vids..

marlin1
03-13-2020, 11:38 PM
sorry we didn't get out . See you in the spring god willing

Esox
03-14-2020, 06:43 AM
was out on the 12th and did well. Had numerous pike in the 30 inch range, one 40 incher and a 45 incher to close out the season for me. Was supposed to fish the 13 and 14th as well but the weather stopped that, I could just imagine what the roads and highways were/are like.

WayneChristie
03-14-2020, 10:08 AM
sorry we didn't get out . See you in the spring god willing

definitely, ..
Too sick to get out today but tomorrow looks good, wonder if losing my breakfast down the hole would be considered chumming? :sick:
my 2 best this season totaled 88 1/2 inches so I cant complain about the fishing! 58 plus pounds between the two of them :) hopefully can do better next winter! :bad_boys_20: