PDA

View Full Version : Diesel truck

sk270
03-12-2020, 05:20 PM
Am I supposed to feel guilty for deleting my truck?

https://driving.ca/auto-news/news/tvs-diesel-brothers-to-pay-us850000-fine-for-rolling-coal

I'm not in favour of "rolling coal" but can't I make changes so my vehicle runs better?

warriorboy10
03-12-2020, 05:28 PM
Just don't dump all that fuel through attracting all sorts of attention and Im sure you will be left alone! But then again the tards "ROLLING COAL" wouldn't be able to wear their white Oakleys!

Mavrick
03-12-2020, 05:57 PM
I’m getting mine done next week because it has left me stranded a few times and Ford can’t seem to fix it. I think I’m ok though my sun classes are black and I only wear cowboy hats, so not worn backwards. Ok a few times years ago after a big party, but don’t do that anymore.

stubblejumper01
03-12-2020, 07:51 PM
I did my 2012 Dodge last summer. I wanted better fuel economy and to stop putting soot through the engine via the EGR system.
The guys at Ram Tuff in Nisku removed everything I didn't want, programmed an extra 25 hp tune. It went from 17.6L /100 km to 14 right away.
Better throttle response and no smoke. Cost around $1500 including muffler and all the exhaust pipe necessary as well as a nice chrome tip. Very happy with it.
I also kept all the parts in case the government makes us put it back

ram crazy
03-14-2020, 08:16 AM
I’m getting mine done next week because it has left me stranded a few times and Ford can’t seem to fix it. I think I’m ok though my sun classes are black and I only wear cowboy hats, so not worn backwards. Ok a few times years ago after a big party, but don’t do that anymore.

Don’t feel bad, we had a GMC that couldn’t drive more than 150 km before it would go into limp mode. It spent more time behind a tow truck then it did driving on its own. GM eventually pulled the DEF system off and chipped it to keep it running. Pretty sad to say the least!

Big pete
03-14-2020, 08:37 AM
I just deleted the egr and dpf in my 6.7 Cummins along with a 60hp tune and what a difference it made I now get easily 1000km out of a 120L tank, although it will give one puff of black smoke if I really put my foot into it