PDA

View Full Version : Emergencie's Act

Seige
03-17-2020, 11:35 PM
If they introduce these measures, can they take our firearms? Thanks

I hope that ive found the proper Act. I've just did a quick search will research now.

https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/e-4.5/index.html

Edit: Regarding Part II Section 19(1)(a)(iii)

"Orders and Regulations

Marginal note:Orders and regulations

19 (1) While a declaration of a public order emergency is in effect, the Governor in Council may make such orders or regulations with respect to the following matters as the Governor in Council believes, on reasonable grounds, are necessary for dealing with the emergency:

(a) the regulation or prohibition of

(i) any public assembly that may reasonably be expected to lead to a breach of the peace,

(ii) travel to, from or within any specified area, or

(iii) the use of specified property;

(b) the designation and securing of protected places;

(c) the assumption of the control, and the restoration and maintenance, of public utilities and services;

(d) the authorization of or direction to any person, or any person of a class of persons, to render essential services of a type that that person, or a person of that class, is competent to provide and the provision of reasonable compensation in respect of services so rendered; and

(e) the imposition

(i) on summary conviction, of a fine not exceeding five hundred dollars or imprisonment not exceeding six months or both that fine and imprisonment, or

(ii) on indictment, of a fine not exceeding five thousand dollars or imprisonment not exceeding five years or both that fine and imprisonment,

for contravention of any order or regulation made under this section."

CaberTosser
03-17-2020, 11:47 PM
I seriously doubt that would be on their radar considering trying to keep order and all that. I think the criminals will be getting desperate when they find that their normal B&E and porch-theft criminal activities are disrupted by people being home. The intersection beggars will not be there because nobody will roll down their window for them anymore.

Once COVID-19 establishes in the homeless and the crackheads its going to be awful. And it will. Imagine how much more desperate those sorts will be when they're Jonesing hard for their fix. I think a special jail section will probably be necessary. Imagine the risks to LE just physically arresting them. Its Taser time, baby!

58thecat
03-17-2020, 11:49 PM
Breathe.....deep breaths....da'man be a coming for ya!!!!!:scared:

Seige
03-17-2020, 11:59 PM
I mean Part III International Emergencies 30 (1)(b)

Orders and Regulations

Marginal note:Orders and regulations

30 (1) While a declaration of an international emergency is in effect, the Governor in Council may make such orders or regulations with respect to the following matters as the Governor in Council believes, on reasonable grounds, are necessary for dealing with the emergency:

(a) the control or regulation of any specified industry or service, including the use of equipment, facilities and inventory;

(b) the appropriation, control, forfeiture, use and disposition of property or services;

(c) the authorization and conduct of inquiries in relation to defence contracts or defence supplies as defined in the Defence Production Act or to hoarding, overcharging, black marketing or fraudulent operations in respect of scarce commodities, including the conferment of powers under the Inquiries Act on any person authorized to conduct such an inquiry;

(d) the authorization of the entry and search of any dwelling-house, premises, conveyance or place, and the search of any person found therein, for any thing that may be evidence relevant to any matter that is the subject of an inquiry referred to in paragraph (c), and the seizure and detention of any such thing;

Dewey Cox
03-18-2020, 12:22 AM
They had more important things to worry about during the high river flood too.
They're not ones to let a good crisis go to waste.

CaberTosser
03-18-2020, 12:36 AM
They had more important things to worry about during the high river flood too.
They're not ones to let a good crisis go to waste.

In High River the houses were unoccupied. Now they'll surely be occupied. Then it was the RCMP and being the emergency was in one region they could summon manpower. In the big cities it will be the municipal forces and they'll have way better stuff to do.

Dewey Cox
03-18-2020, 12:45 AM
In High River the houses were unoccupied. Now they'll surely be occupied. Then it was the RCMP and being the emergency was in one region they could summon manpower. In the big cities it will be the municipal forces and they'll have way better stuff to do.

I sure hope you're right.

Now go to bed!
Don't you have plumbing to do tomorrow?

BCSteel
03-18-2020, 03:51 AM
I give the government the same amount of trust to do the right thing as they give me. Turns out that number is pretty close to 0%.

huntinstuff
03-18-2020, 07:15 AM
They would likely utilize that for commandeering a hotel or other large facility to accommodate health services

CaberTosser
03-18-2020, 07:53 AM
They would likely utilize that for commandeering a hotel or other large facility to accommodate health services

There’s a possibility. Maybe, unlike China, they’d get some hotels for quarantine that don’t collapse like that 7 story one did in China.

catnthehat
03-18-2020, 08:01 AM
The Goverment did not go running around confiscating firearms from law abiding cites end the last time martial law was invoked , they had more important things to do, I going if guns are actually on their radar now either.:thinking-006:
Cat

huntinstuff
03-18-2020, 08:19 AM
There’s a possibility. Maybe, unlike China, they’d get some hotels for quarantine that don’t collapse like that 7 story one did in China.

That kind of construction is common

My bff was in Taiwan during a large earthquake in the 90's. She was dragging her duffel thru the streets amid fire and collapsed buildings and she took pics of crumbled buildings that had empty oil barrels as part of the building construction. Apparently this was done to avoid using cement.

Imagine the 9 story parking lot, each level supported by 4ft of cement, then 4 ft of empty oil barrels? One good earthquake crumpled those barrels and it all caved in.

Scottmisfits
03-18-2020, 08:30 AM
I really don't care of their intentions whether they're going to take guns, houses (for clinics or command centers), vehicles, or nothing at all. I am not in favor of giving them the legal authority to do so. Give an inch?
Maybe this is something that they would repeal, maybe not. It just seems very opportunistic with all the other talk of gun control lately that they could bring this up and then not repeal it. Income tax is a war measures act they was supposed to be repealed when the war was over, but we still pay it now.

Justfishin73
03-18-2020, 09:45 AM
I think this thread will do more harm than good right now

ganderblaster
03-18-2020, 10:35 AM
I think this thread will do more harm than good right now

Maybe so but we only need to look at The High River flood to find a recent event where the RCMP used an emergency to push the anti firearm agenda. We need to be aware but not paranoid at this time.

Sundog57
03-18-2020, 12:32 PM
they can do whatever they want
If they show up at your door threaten to sneeze on them

RavYak
03-18-2020, 12:37 PM
Didn't you know this coronavirus is a hoax? Our Canadian government planted the virus in China so that eventually it would spread to Canada so that they can use it as a reason to invoke this emergencies act and come take your guns away...

No one is going to take your guns away unless you start pointing or shooting them at people...

260 Rem
03-18-2020, 05:00 PM
Breathe.....deep breaths....da'man be a coming for ya!!!!!:scared:

Ya but ...”just because you are paranoid, doesn’t mean they are NOT out to get you” :)

HalfBreed
03-18-2020, 05:11 PM
Didn't you know this coronavirus is a hoax? Our Canadian government planted the virus in China so that eventually it would spread to Canada so that they can use it as a reason to invoke this emergencies act and come take your guns away...

No one is going to take your guns away unless you start pointing or shooting them at people...

^This all day long.

elkhunter11
03-18-2020, 05:59 PM
Maybe so but we only need to look at The High River flood to find a recent event where the RCMP used an emergency to push the anti firearm agenda. We need to be aware but not paranoid at this time.

Right now, the sale of firearms and ammunition is booming, because people are worried that either the stores will run out, or that the government might stop the sale of firearms and ammunition.

Dr Beak
03-18-2020, 07:03 PM
Emergencies act is basically martial law.

RandyBoBandy
03-18-2020, 07:45 PM
Emergencies act is basically martial law.

Geez, the last time martial law was invoked was by ?? Can't remember his last name?? :mad0100: Dum-Dum would LOVE to follow his not-real dad's footsteps :scared0018:
Tru-dum has already destroyed the energy sector worse and NEP, now this stuff

The Cook
03-18-2020, 08:38 PM
Going shopping tomorrow, sure hope there is still tin foil on the shelf what with all the social media BS out there I am going to need to make a serious hat.

sweld
03-18-2020, 09:27 PM
Going shopping tomorrow, sure hope there is still tin foil on the shelf what with all the social media BS out there I am going to need to make a serious hat.

Might be the only thing left

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elkhunter11
03-18-2020, 09:47 PM
It's not the Act itself that scares people, it's the fool that may enact it. Most people just don't trust our government, and especially the person leading it. Trusting him, is like trusting a five year old to play with gasoline and matches.

waldedw
03-19-2020, 07:49 AM
Just make up a sign and stick to your front door " Covid 19 Quarantine "

Seige
05-05-2020, 04:23 AM
It's not the Act itself that scares people, it's the fool that may enact it. Most people just don't trust our government, and especially the person leading it. Trusting him, is like trusting a five year old to play with gasoline and matches.

so thinks have changed (I mean things).

rhetorically... please bear with me for a moment.

they are going to drag out the voluntary confiscation for dimes on the dollar, two year amnesty goes by quick and we're still under his administration for a short amount of time really, needs to secure votes again. They will come a knocking. yea or nay

Mind you they'll need to drag out the emergencies act until then. And I believe the NDP will back them on it. Done deal no?!

What say you's now?

Apologies mi mynd goes a mile a minute