PDA

View Full Version : Our unprotected border: MUST WATCH!

1stLand
03-18-2020, 12:33 AM
I am speechless that this is still allowed to occur.
This video was posted today:
https://www.rebelnews.com/close_the_border_petition

Rebel News Youtube: UPDATE: Illegal migrants STILL crossing into Canada — SIGN THE PETITION

Please write your MP and Premier Kenny to put a stop to this.

Map Maker
03-18-2020, 12:36 AM
unavailable - what was it?

im assuming it was fake

1stLand
03-18-2020, 12:43 AM
I am not sure why the link isnt working on this site, but see my original post and search for the video on youtube using the title I provided in my post

Ken07AOVette
03-18-2020, 12:45 AM
this one?

1stLand
03-18-2020, 12:47 AM
this one?

yes thx

Jigsalot
03-18-2020, 05:09 AM
yes thx

That can’t be happening. Non essential travel ends today right. RCMP start doing your job or go home. Makes me sick watching that. It’s time to maybe put the armed forces in that area instead of the Mounties then maybe it will stop. Just my opinion.

waldedw
03-18-2020, 05:42 AM
Of course it can be happening, the Liberal way is " do as I say not as I do " the bleeding hearts will continue to bleed in the name of humanity and our liberal all inclusive don't hurt anyone's feelings way, even in a time of crisis

heybert
03-18-2020, 08:25 AM
Canada is signatory to various conventions that allow this. Once any foreign national shows up on our doorsteps and say the "R" word, Canada has to take them in and process them. Luckily, there was an amendment to IRPA that would make those that have made a claim elsewhere and we find this out through info sharing (e.g. with the USA), they are ineligible to claim and we send them back.

BCSteel
03-18-2020, 09:06 AM
unavailable - what was it?

im assuming it was fakeWhy would your immediate reaction be, "it was fake"?

cody j
03-18-2020, 09:12 AM
Not everyone is a fan of Rebel news, but they do draw attention to stories that the mainstream media chooses to ignore. The fact that Trudeau doesn’t want them at his press conferences says it all, none of the recipients of the media payout are asking any tough questions. And I would assume if they are printing or posting lies the Liberals would immediately sue them.

Grizzly Adams
03-18-2020, 09:28 AM
Not everyone is a fan of Rebel news, but they do draw attention to stories that the mainstream media chooses to ignore. The fact that Trudeau doesn’t want them at his press conferences says it all, none of the recipients of the media payout are asking any tough questions. And I would assume if they are printing or posting lies the Liberals would immediately sue them.

Or get to close to the truth. :lol:

https://www.amazon.ca/Libranos-media-Justin-Trudeaus-corruption-ebook/dp/B07XDCX1RG

Grizz

Grumpy Old Man
03-18-2020, 01:54 PM
That is just typical of the Liberal Government isn't it. Bring in as many people who would vote for them and risk the health and lives of Canadians. This crap has got to stop.

yz295
03-18-2020, 02:07 PM
I hope I see this traitor pay for his crimes.

elkhunter11
03-18-2020, 03:38 PM
I hope I see this traitor pay for his crimes.

Our courts will never hold him responsible for his actions. If he pays, it won't be through legal means.

Jason Bourne
03-18-2020, 05:18 PM
Canada is signatory to various conventions that allow this. Once any foreign national shows up on our doorsteps and say the "R" word, Canada has to take them in and process them. Luckily, there was an amendment to IRPA that would make those that have made a claim elsewhere and we find this out through info sharing (e.g. with the USA), they are ineligible to claim and we send them back.

My understanding is they can't exit one "safe" country to claim refugee status in another "safe" country of THEIR choice. First safe country they land in has to take 'em.

heybert
03-18-2020, 06:37 PM
My understanding is they can't exit one "safe" country to claim refugee status in another "safe" country of THEIR choice. First safe country they land in has to take 'em.

If they show up to a port of Entry, then the Safe Third applies, but there are exceptions. If they show up in between ports, like Roxham Rd., then Safe Third doesn't apply. The Safe Third Agreement will soon be gone anyway. That's why there was an amendment to IRPA section 101(1). C.1 was introduced last year in anticipation of the Safe Third being dismantled.

Jason Bourne
03-18-2020, 07:52 PM
If they show up to a port of Entry, then the Safe Third applies, but there are exceptions. If they show up in between ports, like Roxham Rd., then Safe Third doesn't apply. The Safe Third Agreement will soon be gone anyway. That's why there was an amendment to IRPA section 101(1). C.1 was introduced last year in anticipation of the Safe Third being dismantled.

10:4. Thanks for the clarification.

wolfhunter
03-18-2020, 10:01 PM
I tried calling every news media in the country that would listen about this problem. Do you what I got, don't care or a hang up. What a country we live in.

Jim Blake
03-19-2020, 06:13 AM
It's another one of Trudeau and Butts social experiments...a pet project. Should have never happened.

guysmiley
03-19-2020, 08:32 AM
But if you are a temporary worker or student, you can still come in too.....

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/quebec-farmers-covid19-1.5501421

Grumpy Old Man
03-19-2020, 10:51 AM
I contacted my Conservative MP and asked and he got right back to me and said yes the Trudeau Gov is still allowing this even though it has been brought up in the house by the Conservatives but to no avail.:argue2:

Selkirk
03-20-2020, 10:37 AM
This just in from Ottawa ➡▶ https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/irregular-migrants-to-be-turned-away-at-canadian-border-1.4861409

Selkirk

sjr
03-20-2020, 11:02 AM

That the UN way of running the World and Justin is just one of there little ass kisser's :argue2:

Big Grey Wolf
03-20-2020, 11:04 AM
Good to see that finally All illegals that walk across our border will now be immediately returned back to the US. The only hole they left in the border now is the Oaka/ St Lawrence river speed boats.

sjr
03-20-2020, 11:04 AM
This just in from Ottawa ➡▶ https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/irregular-migrants-to-be-turned-away-at-canadian-border-1.4861409

Selkirk

I will believe that when I see it filmed and posted on the CBC National news .:thinking-006:

Smoky buck
03-20-2020, 11:08 AM
I will believe that when I see it filmed and posted on the CBC National news .:thinking-006:

Trudeau crawled out of his house and part of his speech to the media was illegal boarded crossers will be turned back to the USA

glen moa
03-20-2020, 11:14 AM
Pressure from the people and we get what we want.

Thank for the great news.

1stLand
03-20-2020, 11:14 AM
I wouldn't trust that announcement.
Trudeau also said enhanced screening was now occurring at airports (and it wasn't). The Rebel interviewed passengers coming off international flights and even they were surprised they didn't get screened, just basically given a pamphlet.

I hope the Rebel goes back to Roxham road in a few days to see if and how they are blocking ppl from crossing.

Smoky buck
03-20-2020, 11:17 AM
Pressure from the people and we get what we want.

Thank for the great news.

Only reason is Covid19 once it passes expect wide open boarder

EZM
03-20-2020, 11:56 AM
I am once again dumbfounded how many people line up to drink the Kool-Aid super sensationalized, often outright lies this REBEL trash rag publication continues to spout out and all the willing just suck it up so willingly and with such vigor.

I guess it's no different when an equally credible source, know to tell the truth, the President of the United States said this was "contained" and under control.

FEAR FEAR FEAR have some more juice box

LOL

cody j
03-20-2020, 12:08 PM
So there hasn’t been people crossing the border illegally, and everyone has been thoroughly screened at airports for the last few weeks?

KGB
03-20-2020, 12:49 PM
Yes. According to EZM member here. He was apparently present at the YYZ airport and at the illegal border crossing...:sHa_sarcasticlol:

glen moa
03-20-2020, 02:00 PM
Trudeau was asked during question period if it was open.

I’d like to see some proof that rebel lies.

Smoky buck
03-20-2020, 02:19 PM
Trudeau was asked during question period if it was open.

I’d like to see some proof that rebel lies.

All news is a mix of truth, lies and exaggerations even the rebel. I caught lies over the whole hereditary chief gong show from the rebel and all other media.

Yes they report some truths other media does not but don’t take what they say as gospel. Think of the rebel as just a different media angle

Selkirk
03-20-2020, 02:45 PM

Selkirk

CTV has updated (and added to) their article 👆

Selkirk

EZM
03-20-2020, 03:36 PM
So there hasn’t been people crossing the border illegally, and everyone has been thoroughly screened at airports for the last few weeks?

You missed the point. And, ironically, made it for me …….. there are far more people coming across "normal borders" like ports or entry and off planes from international flights with NO SCREENING whatsoever.

I fly in and out of the US every second week and came back a week ago today from California and I wasn't screened or asked any questions whatsoever ………..

That's my point …… so why is rebel making this sensationalistic piece when they might as well filmed it at an airport or regular crossing ….. it's no different ………. that was my point.

EZM
03-20-2020, 03:42 PM
Yes. According to EZM member here. He was apparently present at the YYZ airport and at the illegal border crossing...:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Calgary airport? - YES a few weeks ago, coming off a flight from the US (Seattle actually) …. then into YEG a couple weeks later (last Friday), again, also from an international flight (from Los Angeles) …..

And NO SCREENING

so what's your point? The people "sneaking across the border" where they filmed that piece have no distinction between the people crossing at other locations.

And, if you are suggesting that "certain people" present a greater risk of bringing covid, think again, it's largely business people and affluent vacationers …….. not these evil night sneakers wearing masks.

By the way, plenty of "normal" looking white affluent folks wearing masks too - should we suspect everyone equally OR just focus in on one group of people coming into one particular port of entry.

This is a problem everywhere. Why sensationalize one fraction of this issue ???

Do you honestly think there are more people coming in over these "illegal points of entry" versus all the legal crossings at airports and at the borders? really? come on ……… here's another juice box.

I'm not saying entry screening isn't an issue - I'm just dumbfounded this story makes this out to be the "big issue" when, in fact, our border is porous and our protocols are loose.

cody j
03-20-2020, 04:19 PM
You missed the point. And, ironically, made it for me …….. there are far more people coming across "normal borders" like ports or entry and off planes from international flights with NO SCREENING whatsoever.

I fly in and out of the US every second week and came back a week ago today from California and I wasn't screened or asked any questions whatsoever ………..

That's my point …… so why is rebel making this sensationalistic piece when they might as well filmed it at an airport or regular crossing ….. it's no different ………. that was my point.

That doesn’t make it ok, none of it is ok