PDA

View Full Version : To all the first line responders out there....

pikergolf
03-18-2020, 08:59 PM
.... thank you! I know and have a few nurses in the family, my wife is close friends with a few Doc's. They have been on my mind lately, be safe, we owe you one.

huntinstuff
03-18-2020, 09:21 PM
My partner says "youre welcome"

Well, thats what it sounded like anyways, under the hazmat suit....

Ok. She either said "youre welcome" or " i want a hamburger".....

Chick looks hot in hazmat

Immigrant
03-18-2020, 09:46 PM
I thought this was funny

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200319/a93bf813248e73ea7978d950390a9d86.jpg

(and thanks also to the cashier at to Co-Op, and the guy that delivered fresh bread and milk at the store today)

buckbrush
03-18-2020, 09:47 PM
.... thank you! I know and have a few nurses in the family, my wife is close friends with a few Doc's. They have been on my mind lately, be safe, we owe you one.

Well said. Couldn't agree more. Our last line of defense.

Zip
03-18-2020, 09:53 PM
Yes A Big Thanks to the good people who took great care of me a few weeks back, my entire family especially thanks all those on the 5th floor you guys rocked it.. day and night you all were so busy, also a nice warm blanket Thanks to the many others.. you are all Difference Makers!
Thank You
Zip:):):)

threeforthree
03-18-2020, 11:09 PM
:grouphugg:

Au revoir, Gopher
03-19-2020, 07:32 AM
:grouphugg:

Didn't you get the memo? That's not allowed for at least the next 14 days. :)

Not sure I would want to deliver for a courier company right now either.

ARG

Smoky buck
03-19-2020, 08:05 AM
Work may have come to a halt for me but the wife is going all out and sounds like it will only get busier

Remember everyone if you have to visit a hospital play nice. The people working there have all the stress everyone else is going through plus the pressure of dealing with the public during this

Cement Bench
03-19-2020, 08:07 AM
with some respect this is a bunch of crap

there are thousands of health care workers staying home

ask the supervisors and the girls doing scheduling

some of the services like blood collection are scaled back and telling folks not to come in
BECAUSE OF STAFFING ISSUES

yes Thanks to those doing their job and getting paid well,and great benefits and great retirement packages

and thanks to all greggs workers and staff who stock the shelves and get paid less than nurses and make sure you get your stuff to go to work

flame suit should not be needed when saying the truth

Nurses who stay,home should be fired and lose their pensions

what makes them different from others, fireman, sewer workers and GROCERY STAFF?

liar
03-19-2020, 08:15 AM
oh boy , here we go .

Immigrant
03-19-2020, 09:18 AM
As in any job out there.....

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200319/28a918d2ed64d0f8ae7848fb2ca7b53e.jpg

liar
03-19-2020, 09:29 AM
As in any job out there.....

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200319/28a918d2ed64d0f8ae7848fb2ca7b53e.jpg

so true . can apply to all walks of life and all professions . from first responders to the guys at greggs .
bottom line is the ones doing the work deserve a shout out no matter how they contribute .

Battle Rat
03-19-2020, 10:14 AM

some of the services like blood collection are scaled back and telling folks not to come in

yes Thanks to those doing their job and getting paid well,and great benefits and great retirement packages

and thanks to all greggs workers and staff who stock the shelves and get paid less than nurses and make sure you get your stuff to go to work

what makes them different from others, fireman, sewer workers and GROCERY STAFF?

Oh, that's nice.

Cement Bench
03-19-2020, 10:28 AM
Oh, that's nice.

honesty is the only policy

first responders who respond are great

but let us be honest not all there should there and NOW is when we need them

Battle Rat
03-19-2020, 10:36 AM
honesty is the only policy

first responders who respond are great

but let us be honest not all there should there and NOW is when we need them

You lost me .
Are you talking about nurses or first responders?
Either way there is a very good strategy to split up your employees so that you some to come in when needed.
Lots of companies are doing this not just AHS.

pittman
03-19-2020, 10:44 AM
So what happens when all the front line health care workers are sick?

What's happening right now for health care workers is the same as everyone else. If they get sick they get quarantined, swabbed, and sent back to work. They are doing this to try and limit any possible exposure to patients, knowing their their risk is indeed much higher than the public.

In any case, shifts have been adjusted and health care workers are working very hard to take care of those infected, and those who are sick otherwise.

If you think the risk associated with packing up orders at Gregg distributors comes close to assessing and treating every patient that presents to the hospital you are out to lunch.

Battle Rat
03-19-2020, 11:09 AM
So what happens when all the front line health care workers are sick?

What's happening right now for health care workers is the same as everyone else. If they get sick they get quarantined, swabbed, and sent back to work. They are doing this to try and limit any possible exposure to patients, knowing their their risk is indeed much higher than the public.

In any case, shifts have been adjusted and health care workers are working very hard to take care of those infected, and those who are sick otherwise.

If you think the risk associated with packing up orders at Gregg distributors comes close to assessing and treating every patient that presents to the hospital you are out to lunch.

Precisely, control rooms and pipeline maintenance are doing the same thing.
It's called business continuity and a good company should have a plan in place for what scheduling would look like in the event of what we are facing now.
For medical aid calls for our fire department we have adjusted the protocol of who and how many respond.

CaberTosser
03-19-2020, 11:22 AM
In addition to the health care people there are the workers at the water treatment plants, sewage treatment plants and utility providers, be they electrical or natural gas. Those people are absolutely crucial, yet remain out of sight and mostly out of mind.

Bigwoodsman
03-19-2020, 11:27 AM
In addition to the health care people there are the workers at the water treatment plants, sewage treatment plants and utility providers, be they electrical or natural gas. Those people are absolutely crucial, yet remain out of sight and mostly out of mind.

Thank you to all of these people, and want to add Truckers to the list. Your TP and groceries don't get to the stores without these men and women. Your liquor doesn't get to the store without these people. If you got it a truck brought it.

BW

Zip
03-19-2020, 12:14 PM

Your right Cement Bench... this post is with some respect a bunch of what you were throwing around..
Zip:)

bsmitty27
03-19-2020, 12:49 PM
Staffing is a huge issue right now for everyone. If we want to keep a work force working, in all fields we need to keep people who have been exposed at home. And develop staffing strategies that limit exposure as much as possible.
We will learn alot from this.
Were all in this togeather folks
So keep your stick on the ice

And BE NICE!

JeanCretien
03-19-2020, 04:36 PM
Thanks to the plumbers. If not for them I would need the mountain of toilet paper we bought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tigger72
03-20-2020, 06:01 AM
Wow.... so ..... as a frontline worker in the health care system- the shout out needs to go out to everyone that’s working in these conditions and those staying home - following the rules - the “system” needs this to happen to as they say “flatten the curve” - kinda sketchy out there and my advantage is I have at my disposal more things in place to protect me at my disposal, so when the **** hits the fan I can still work..... not everyone has that luxury..... play safe ..... stay safe..... this too shall pass - but it’ll take a while-

Ronji
03-20-2020, 07:54 AM
My daughter is a nurse at Mazankowski Heart
Her biggest issue is visitors stealing masks, gloves, and sanitizers.

Another crazy thing is on our jobsites people are stealing the hand sanitizers and toilet paper from the portable toilets . We had to install locks

Wtf people !!

Smoky buck
03-20-2020, 08:48 AM
I do agree all of those out there keeping things rolling should be given a thanks regardless of their position

Now on another note to the idiots stealing medical PPE from hospitals use your head. You are being selfish and causing a shortage that can put healthcare workers that are there to help people at risk. If we run short of healthcare workers do to infection it’s going to make things worse. Hospitals are already facing shortages

I hope it’s no one anyone one this forum knows but if you hear about someone doing it give them a slap and tell them to smarten up :snapoutofit:

Bigwoodsman
03-20-2020, 11:13 AM
My daughter is a nurse at Mazankowski Heart
Her biggest issue is visitors stealing masks, gloves, and sanitizers.

Another crazy thing is on our jobsites people are stealing the hand sanitizers and toilet paper from the portable toilets . We had to install locks

Wtf people !!

We are having that at work as well. TP is going out the door...it's pretty sad actually.

BW

zabbo
03-20-2020, 11:48 AM
oh boy , here we go .

Yup! :party0051:

How about a big shout out to ALL those out there working to keep the system turning! Nurses, Doctors, Truckers, LEO's, Plumbers, Bus Drivers, Grocery Personnel, Delivery Folks, Family, Friends, Neighbors and every other person I missed! :)

JeanCretien
03-20-2020, 11:57 AM
People have stollen hand sanitizer for years and years at RAH. To drink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk