PDA

View Full Version : Coping with Covid 19 - No Charts, Graphs, Links or Doom talk allowed!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

sns2
03-19-2020, 08:21 AM
PLEASE READ:

Hey guys. The TV and social media have enough info regarding the spread of this thing. None of us need AO for medical instructions and predictions of casualties. This thread is where you can talk about your personal experiences and how things are going for you.

NO CHARTS, GRAPHS or LINKS relating to this disease. They will be met with an immediate suspension. We all know the feces has hit the fan.

No doomsday talk. That last thread was not mentally healthy for many people.

Just AO guys having a place to connect and talk about their lives, how you are being affected, and more importantly, how you are getting by with your sanity intact.

omega50
03-19-2020, 08:24 AM
When This Is Over
"When this is over,
may we never again
take for granted
A handshake with a stranger
Full shelves at the store
Conversations with neighbours
A crowded theatre
Friday night out
The taste of communion
A routine checkup
The school rush each morning
Coffee with a friend
The stadium roaring
Each deep breath
A boring Tuesday
Life itself.

When this ends,
may we find
that we have become
more like the people
we wanted to be
we were called to be
we hoped to be
and may we stay
that way -- better
for each other
because of the worst."

- Laura Kelly Fanucci

bat119
03-19-2020, 08:29 AM
Walmart and Superstore are waiving the fee for online shopping, you need to book a time slot 1 or days ahead better than stepping into a petri dish for groceries.
Just a heads up check off the "no substitution" box or you could get something you don't want.

reddeerguy2015
03-19-2020, 08:30 AM
Probably the longest thread in AO history just thrown to the wind. Would have been nice to have gone back when it's all settled and have been able to sift through and see how close and accurate things were to the "doomsday" thread.

🤦

Talking moose
03-19-2020, 08:36 AM
I like that we can call it carona instead of some 20 letter word.

realist
03-19-2020, 08:43 AM
Here in Calgary, went out to get a few groceries. Drove past Market Mall, parking lot at noon was virtually empty, maybe 10-15% of normal. Safeway side was busier. Canadian Tire at Dalhousie very quiet. Went up to WalMart and found it quite busy. Lots of staff restocking shelves. No one really social distancing, no masks. Best part of the day was filling up for gas at the Centex station for 70.9 cents per litre.
Stay safe out there.

sns2
03-19-2020, 08:47 AM
I might as well start the ball rolling. We are on day 5 of lockdown in our house. Wife was on a girls getaway with her bestie in Phoenix helping her through a divorce.

11 days after returning, she mentions a sore throat before going to bed. Wakes up in morning with a dry cough, tightness in her chest, headache, fatigue, and shortness of breath when going up and down stairs.

sns2, being the germophobe that I am, tells dear wife to call 811 as those are the symptoms.

She listens, and surprisingly gets through quickly. They are not too too concerned until they ask if she has been out of the country recently.

Paradigm shift occurs. All sns2's family on lockdown effective immediately. They tell her they will be in touch in 2 or 3 days to arrange for testing, but add the caveat that if she doesn't hear from them in that time frame, she should call back.

Son with asthma moves to basement.

I am in spare room.

Wife is cordoned off in master bedroom, as it has shower, tub, bathroom, tv, and easy chair. She is forbidden by germophobe husband to leave except to go for a walk with the little dog, as that is okay so we were told.

For good measure, me puts a box of nitrile gloves on her nightstand. Just to make it kinda macabre.

No panic in our house. sns2 has a freezer full of meat. sns2 hunts with capable people. Our party got 3 bull elk and a bull moose so I'm good in that regard. Empty meat shelves in grocery store be damned.

Further, I stocked up a few days prior on all essentials including TP, paper towels, disinfectant wipes, dish soap, and bleach. At least I can do a daily cleaning, and we can wipe our arses with confidence. Wife is grateful sns2 is prepared. Did I say I am a germophobe???

3 days pass with no call.

Wife tries getting through the past couple days and line just goes dead. Oh my. Not good.

Good news is, she is feeling better, and has not really worsened.

I have two personal friends who are doctors and so I can bounce questions off them. Either she has a mild case and is recovering on her own or she has a bad cold. That is still a thing. No one ever found a cure for that yet either.

I hang out on main floor and clean up most of the day.

I enjoy listening to my son who is a workout fanatic. He is either taking slapshots against the wall, pumping iron, or talking with his buddies while they are gaming. The best was they were all singing karaoke the other night. Who knows how they do this stuff online, but it made this dad's heart real glad.

Thankfully, I can work from home preparing online lessons for my special needs students to do after Spring Break. That is what teachers are doing across the province this week.

Hoping the Mrs gets through to 811 today and she gets tested or told she can move on. My doctor friend told me last night that if none of us have developed similar symptoms, then my wife likely just has a cold.

Who knows how long this will last, and what the new normal will be like going forward, but I am thankful for faith, family and friends in that exact order.

Have a great day folks, there is still a heckuva pile of good in this world if you look for it.

fishtank
03-19-2020, 08:49 AM
Wear gloves when filling up gas and pushing the shopping cart ...probably lots of hands touching those

sns2
03-19-2020, 08:51 AM
Probably the longest thread in AO history just thrown to the wind. Would have been nice to have gone back when it's all settled and have been able to sift through and see how close and accurate things were to the "doomsday" thread.

🤦

No reason we can't restore it when this has all passed.

The option was to just close the discussion period.

At this point it has become toxic and was only contributing to anxiety.

Trochu
03-19-2020, 08:52 AM
Picked up some coolant at Walmart today. Shelves looked fairly well stocked, people milling about, didn't see any mask, anything out of the ordinary really other than the cashiers wearing gloves (which I've seen some do anyway though). She said traffic was fairly normal for a weekday morning. Other than not being about to use my refillable cup at 7-11, I've really experienced very little change in my day to day life.

catnthehat
03-19-2020, 08:52 AM
Hoping all works out for the best sns2!
Cat

bessiedog
03-19-2020, 08:53 AM
OOOOH OoooH

I'm shut down for 14 as well.... workin from home (and I'm wearing pants too ;) )

I've been fighting a sinus infection since my car accident. Doc thinks I might have crushed sumpin or altered my sinus cavity with the moose headbutt thing..... and we're not going near hospitals for a year if I can help it)
Anti biotics are cleaning it up nicely though so thats great!

Anyways!....... LETS START AND AO PANDEMIC PLAYLIST ... mebe keep it positive

1. MC Hammer "Can't Touch this"

2. Kenny Loggins "Im Alright"

anyone....?

Deezel
03-19-2020, 08:56 AM
3. April Wine - The Whole Worlds Going Crazy

buckbrush
03-19-2020, 09:03 AM
Good idea. We all know where each other stands on if we think this is serious or not.

I asked on the last thread what people have done to help limit their exposure and help each other out.

A few things I had listed were-

Keep latex gloves in truck for fueling up, those keypads are gross.

I am planning to upgrade the gloves and cpr barriers in our first aid kits. The gloves I have in there are cheap and the barriers are too, I’d hate to have to give someone CPR or first aid and not know if they have the virus or not.

I have four neighbors within 3 miles of my house. One of them messaged the other day and said he was going to be making a trip to town if we needed anything. We decided we will reciprocate that and ask the other neighbors before we make a trip to town.

Might do a bigger garden this year. Something to pass the time if I end up being home more. Also help with the grocery bill a bit.

On my last day off the whole family went for a hike looking for sheds. I’m a big believer in the immune system being linked to your mind. Fresh air and exercise do more good for you than most people know.

We have decided for part of the “home schooling” for the kids we will be getting them to join in on more of the things we do. Cooking, building, maintenance and repairs. Me and my daughter made 24 lbs of moose summer sausage the other day.

I’m trying to make a habit of having a shower as soon as I get home from work instead of eating supper or playing with the kids and dog first.

What are you guys doing?

Caber, I noticed you had replied with what you were doing on the last thread but I didn’t have time to read it all. Could you repost?

Edit- I’m a slow Typer and my boss was bothering me. I see part of what I said was already posted above.

sns2
03-19-2020, 09:03 AM
4. Sick as a Dog by Aerosmith

glen moa
03-19-2020, 09:04 AM
Fifth harmony.
Work from home.

I’m online ordering my food. Hope it works out.

Zip
03-19-2020, 09:06 AM
Eagles... Love will Keep us Alive

NSDucknut
03-19-2020, 09:07 AM
We are not on lockdown, but since I was laid off and my wife works from home, we are pretty much treating it as such - no reason to be out in the population.

On hold with scotiabank as we are going to need mortgage deferral to safely not run through all our cash in case its a while before I'm back working - we closed for 2 weeks but I don't see how we'll reopen in that time. I expect will be a month or more. I'll see how it goes - dealing with the banks is a headache at best, and they are really pushing the "you MAY qualify" and "IF you qualify" for mortgage deferral.

Otherwise my 5 and 7 year old and our black lab are pretty pumped to have me home everyday. Have a new rifle in the mail and my son wants to do a custom rattle can job to keep us busy + we have gotten in all our brass/projectiles/powder to get rolling on some handloads.

Best advice I can give is keep device usage low (I stopped social media last week), don't watch the news (I never do anyway) - my inlaws are constantly watching and their anxiety is high over this whole thing, but they wont' listen to me and just unplug. My family plans to just make the most of the extra time together, might even get out in woods this weekend for fresh air and no people.

sns2
03-19-2020, 09:07 AM
When This Is Over
"When this is over,
may we never again
take for granted
A handshake with a stranger
Full shelves at the store
Conversations with neighbours
A crowded theatre
Friday night out
The taste of communion
A routine checkup
The school rush each morning
Coffee with a friend
The stadium roaring
Each deep breath
A boring Tuesday
Life itself.

When this ends,
may we find
that we have become
more like the people
we wanted to be
we were called to be
we hoped to be
and may we stay
that way -- better
for each other
because of the worst."

- Laura Kelly Fanucci

This is great. Thank you. I will be sharing this on other platforms.

jrowan
03-19-2020, 09:09 AM
I might as well start the ball rolling. We are on day 5 of lockdown in our house. Wife was on a girls getaway with her bestie in Phoenix helping her through a divorce.

11 days after returning, she mentions a sore throat before going to bed. Wakes up in morning with a dry cough, tightness in her chest, headache, fatigue, and shortness of breath when going up and down stairs.

sns2, being the germophobe that I am, tells dear wife to call 811 as those are the symptoms.

She listens, and surprisingly gets through quickly. They are not too too concerned until they ask if she has been out of the country recently.

Paradigm shift occurs. All sns2's family on lockdown effective immediately. They tell her they will be in touch in 2 or 3 days to arrange for testing, but add the caveat that if she doesn't hear from them in that time frame, she should call back.

I am in spare room.

Wife is cordoned off in master bedroom, as it has shower, tub, bathroom, tv, and easy chair. She is forbidden by germophobe husband to leave except to go for a walk with the little dog, as that is okay so we were told.

For good measure, me puts a box of nitrile gloves on her nightstand. Just to make it kinda macabre.

No panic in our house. sns2 has a freezer full of meat. sns2 hunts with capable people. Our party got 3 bull elk and a bull moose so I'm good in that regard. Empty meat shelves in grocery store be damned.

Further, I stocked up a few days prior on all essentials including TP, paper towels, disinfectant wipes, dish soap, and bleach. At least I can do a daily cleaning, and we can wipe our arses with confidence. Wife is grateful sns2 is prepared. Did I say I am a germophobe???

Wife tries getting through the past couple days and line just goes dead. Oh my. Not good.

I have two personal friends who are doctors and so I can bounce questions off them. Either she has a mild case and is recovering on her own or she has a bad cold. That is still a thing. No one ever found a cure for that yet either.

I enjoy listening to my son who is a workout fanatic. He is either taking slapshots against the wall, pumping iron, or talking with his buddies while they are gaming. The best was they were all singing karaoke the other night. Who knows how they do this stuff online, but it made this dad's heart real glad.

Thankfully, I can work from home preparing online lessons for my special needs students to do after Spring Break. That is what teachers are doing across the province this week.

Hoping the Mrs gets through to 811 today and she gets tested or told she can move on. My doctor friend told me last night that if none of us have developed similar symptoms, then my wife likely just has a cold.

Who knows how long this will last, and what the new normal will be like going forward, but I am thankful for faith, family and friends in that exact order.

Have a great day folks, there is still a heckuva pile of good in this world if you look for it.

I hope your wife gets tested and better soon. You guys are definitely doing everything right :happy0034:

barsik
03-19-2020, 09:17 AM
dont put too much confidence in gloves and masks, they are only as good as your ability to put them on and off without contaminating yourself. sanitizer is still required for best protection. also, just heard that researchers have found C19 to be biologically capable of surviving up to 3 hours as an aerosolized droplet. best defense is isolation to beat this little gift from nature.

32-40win
03-19-2020, 09:23 AM
Biggest change lately is hours of work, shop is only open til 7;00pm now, have to get up at 8;00AM for a while, haven't done that in a good 10 yrs on a regular basis, except to go hunting or fishing. That's due to this Covid situation and the general economy, but, we'll see how long that lasts, I expect perhaps we'll increase hours again in May or June, if construction does anything this year. Traffic is way down around Calgary in general, similar to coming home at midnite, at 10;00AM on Deerfoot. Only been to the grocery store twice in the last 10 days, got what I needed both times, some shelves are thin looking, but, otherwise OK. Lots of precautions at work, piled stuff in front of the counters to distance customers, sanitizing everything as much as we can, visa machine, pens, counters, returned stuff, some people working from home. HR guy is looking haggard with trying to set up everything, people are pretty calm about things, they are what they are, see what happens down the road. Trucks are rolling, deliveries getting made, but, business is down, nobody is spending more than absolutely necessary, truck sales suck, but, that is expected.

Jigsalot
dont put too much confidence in gloves and masks, they are only as good as your ability to put them on and off without contaminating yourself. sanitizer is still required for best protection. also, just heard that researchers have found C19 to be biologically capable of surviving up to 3 hours as an aerosolized droplet. best defense is isolation to beat this little gift from nature.
Just wondering if anyone knows where to buy those gloves. I couldn’t find any

Au revoir, Gopher
I have created a folder in my email to store all the covid-19 related emails I get from companies telling me how they are doing business in these "difficult times" or trying to convince me to buy some product or service from them. It is amazing how many banks think they have the answer for investing now.

The current count sits at 47 emails from 32 different companies. Seems Princess Auto is offering free shipping on "most online orders", while another company is threatening something along the lines of "sneeze in our store and you will be asked to leave." Not quite those words, perhaps a better paraphrase would be "keep your stink'n germs at home!" :)

sns2, how does it work being a germophobe and a teacher? I would have a hard time reconciling those two.

ARG

nimrod
03-19-2020, 09:25 AM

I am in spare room.

Im sure you know, but when your furnace kicks in, all air in the house gets mixed up for all to breath, unless you have a radiator heat unit for the house.

bessiedog
03-19-2020, 09:27 AM
Sns2's also a Masochist.....

It works.... :)

Zip
03-19-2020, 09:27 AM
Dancing with myself... Billy Idol

Au revoir, Gopher
03-19-2020, 09:28 AM
Best advice I can give is keep device usage low (I stopped social media last week), don't watch the news (I never do anyway) - my inlaws are constantly watching and their anxiety is high over this whole thing, but they wont' listen to me and just unplug. My family plans to just make the most of the extra time together, might even get out in woods this weekend for fresh air and no people.

My wife and I are referring to the 6 o'clock news as the "covid-19 hour". If they don't have a story that isn't covid-19 related in the first 15-20 minutes, we stop watching.

ARG

kmacisaac
03-19-2020, 09:29 AM
The real winner in this whole deal has to be the pets. I back the path in my neighborhood and there is more foot traffic now than there is on a +30 day in the summer. With the students being home and everyone distancing themselves from social events, everyone just needs to get out and do something. I know my retriever is getting a lot more miles per day than he usually does.

elk eater
03-19-2020, 09:33 AM
I started prepping the other day. Went and bought a few gallons of paint, brushes, rollers.... If I get locked down at home for 2 weeks I’m gonna be busy and the house will look great. Doing nothing would be worse for my health than the sickness. Stir crazy is real thing !!!!

Au revoir, Gopher
03-19-2020, 09:33 AM
Safety Dance - Men Without Hats

tirebob
03-19-2020, 09:35 AM
I have been keeping a bottle of 95% isopropyl alcohol in my vehicle. Every time I get in after I have left anything even remotely public I pour it all over my hands and rub them together until dry, then I take a paper towel and soak it down and wipe my hands again and wipe down anything I have touched including phone, steering wheel, door handles etc.

I do the same thing at my shop rubbing down all surfaces etc that clients touch. I watch them closely while they are there and the second they leave I run around and wipe down anything they have had contact with. I am thinking about somehow instituting something like no entry without an appointment so we can control it better and agree on proper contact. Still working that out. I just can’t afford to close so I want to make everyone as safe and comfortable as possible.

I also have always been a chronic hand washer but now I pretend I am a surgeon readying for an operation! I was constantly and aggressively. If I come into any building (home or elsewhere) the first thing I do is hit the cam and wash my hands being careful to avoid touching anything others are touching using hand towels to open and close taps and doors etc. After doing whatever I need to do I wash again on the way out and if I can’t for any reason, I am still alcohol washing in my vehicle right away.

Other than that, social distancing is the name of the game.

My hands pretty much look like this now, but I am not sick 😷 !! Lol!

sns2
03-19-2020, 09:38 AM
I have been keeping a bottle of 95% isopropyl alcohol in my vehicle. Every time I get in after I have left anything even remotely public I pour it all over my hand and run them together until dry, then I take a paper towel and soak it down and wipe my hands again and wipe down anything I have touched including phone, steering wheel, door handles etc.

I also have always been a chronic hand washer but now I pretend I am a surgeon readying for an operation! I was constantly and aggressively. If I come into any building (home or elsewhere) the first thing I do is hit the cam and wash my hands being careful to avoid touching anything others are touching using hand towels to open and close taps and doors etc. After doing whatever I need to do I wash again on the way out and if I can’t for any reason, I am still alcohol washing in my vehicle right away.

Other than that, social distancing is the name of the game.

My hands pretty much look like this now, but I am not sick 😷 !! Lol!

Thinking of you and all the businessmen out there who make this world go round. You are a good man.

MountainTi
03-19-2020, 09:47 AM

I am in spare room.

My shift partners (at work) wife came down with cold/flu like symptoms last Friday. She had been down in the US and came back on March 3rd. She called 811 and as she had been in the states, they wanted to test her. She met them in a parking lot in Olds (where they live) on Saturday afternoon and was given the test. Guess she said it was rather unpleasant as they stick the swab rather deep up the nose. Anyways our 7 day shift was to end Tuesday, but company wanted us to continue work at the plant until results were back so as not to bring other shift in and risk infection. Worked yesterday, was prepared for work today as well, but they finally got the call last night about 8:30 that it was negative. So was a 4 day wait for results, just so you know what to expect.

Sundancefisher
03-19-2020, 09:48 AM

I am in spare room.

I’m relieved it appears your situation turned for the better. Fingers crossed it holds true. Take care.

Sun

Sundancefisher
03-19-2020, 09:52 AM
No reason we can't restore it when this has all passed.

The option was to just close the discussion period.

At this point it has become toxic and was only contributing to anxiety.

I feel that was a good plan. The vast majority agreed it was serious and needed to follow the health guidance. Full stop. Everyone wanted everyone to be healthy. Full stop. Everyone is looking forward to hunting and fishing and return to normalcy. Full stop.

Now let’s help each other where we can like the great community Canadians are!

MK2750
03-19-2020, 09:53 AM
Im sure you know, but when your furnace kicks in, all air in the house gets mixed up for all to breath, unless you have a radiator heat unit for the house.

This is not a true threat, the guy is no doubt paranoid enough already.

Some virus suspend in air clinging to moisture under ideal circumstances. You can witness this moisture on a very cold day. There is very little chance one of these particles would even make it to the return air grill in her room. If it did by some miracle there is absolutely no chance this moisture would make it down the lined joist, climb up into the crossover, navigate the main, sneak past the filter, survive the screaming hot trip past the heat exchanger, travel 10 to 30 feet of more ducting, slither past the take off, survive the run, get past the boot and heat grill and then go flying around the house. All with out touching any surface where it would get hung up.

It is more likely his house be attacked by wolves and he contracts rabies.

If he catches it from his wife it will be from direct contact from her or something she touched or coughed on and it sounds like he is taking every precaution necessary.

Her symptoms sound like the same nasty cold that everyone I know had this winter, including the sore throat, cough and head aches.

I hope all turns out well for you sns2

EZM
03-19-2020, 09:55 AM
As most of you guys know, I spend 30-40% of my time in the US, with som eof my businesses locations in the LA, San Fran, Seattle Areas …… so this last trip, guess what, got a cold …..

........... and into quarantine I go.

Came back Friday night, my wife had set me up in the Master, so I have a couch, bathroom, TV, and everything anyone would need …..

My wife called Health link and they wanted me to go get the test. I got a one hour time slot for a location that is confidential - I guess they don't want people swarming it - but was surprised to see about 100 or more people there all awaiting the test.

Generally they took precautions like sanitizing on the way in, masking us, ensuring no one was too close to each other as we waited to get swabbed, but still pretty annoying to think we could not have done a drive through thing to eliminate the cross contamination possibility - but whatever.

The swab up the nose is no treat - I'm pretty sure she swabbed my brain.

My symptoms were mild running nose, sneezing, a bit of cold and slightly sore throat. Have a little tickle cough now but coming out of it. No fever, nothing serious at all - I'd rank this as "mild" so I'm pretty certain it's just a cold.

Nevertheless, I'm in isolation (and quarantine as the door to the bedroom only opens when my guards (lol) bring me food or supplies) …..

Should have official results in a day or two.

I am, however, not terribly concerned for myself, as I'm not quite 50, have no health issues and would classify what I'm going through as quite mild.

Haven't worn a shirt with buttons or real pants in days …….. this has some benefits ….:)

Toughest part is isolation.

HunterDave
03-19-2020, 09:55 AM
I picked up two 48 packs of Molson Canadian at Costco yesterday.

I Drink Alone......by George Thorogood and the Destroyers.

bobtodrick
03-19-2020, 09:58 AM
My wife and I are referring to the 6 o'clock news as the "covid-19 hour". If they don't have a story that isn't covid-19 related in the first 15-20 minutes, we stop watching.

ARG

For the last few days I haven't switched on the news til quarter past the hour.
Keep myself informed online but yeah...the first 15 minutes of very news cast is all covid.

Zip
03-19-2020, 10:01 AM
We are the world... various artists!

260 Rem
03-19-2020, 10:03 AM
I have become progressively more cautious and will continue to do so as numbers ramp up, keeping in mind that the reality is that we are probably in a two week lag. Needed some groceries so went to the IGA in Tofield yesterday. There was no line up at the till and no shortage of staff restocking. I was surprised to see there was no bread on the shelves.
So far, our kids are still working but getting nervous about the one (and his wife) working for Air Canada.
Although I have never supported the idea of “government gifts”, this seems to be the exception and all that concern about saddling our grandchildren with debt is going out the window. The financial hangover from the events of 2020 is going to be tough and I’m betting we will be getting used to higher tax rates and even a sales tax here in Alberta.

Reddin
03-19-2020, 10:03 AM
Dancing with myself... Billy Idol

lol

Abe Johnsen
03-19-2020, 10:09 AM
One of these days -the foo fighters

When the musics over- the doors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grizzly Adams
03-19-2020, 10:10 AM
The real winner in this whole deal has to be the pets. I back the path in my neighborhood and there is more foot traffic now than there is on a +30 day in the summer. With the students being home and everyone distancing themselves from social events, everyone just needs to get out and do something. I know my retriever is getting a lot more miles per day than he usually does.

I noticed the local stores are about cleaned out of pet food. Tough to avoid touching things, debit or credit machine at least. Thinking us small towners are a little safer, but apparently a case has surfaced in Innisfail.

Grizz

JD848
03-19-2020, 10:15 AM
There's a deadly gorgeous red head that lives 250 ft in front of me maybe 35 years old and I went for a walk this morn and we stopped and chatted.

I got back to my house and told my wife about her and the last thing I said was this dam virus.

My wife said go for it, she may need a good laugh. No respect what so ever.

No harm in looking and talking, all that fresh air got the old brain over thinking.

Keeps the heart young and I when I am 85 I still will want to see a nice red head and chat. The body gets older, but the eyes still see the same as when I was young.

We did chat about 8ft apart just incase.

JD

Zip
03-19-2020, 10:16 AM
Don’t worry be happy... Bobby Mcferrin

Zip
03-19-2020, 10:18 AM
One of these days -the foo fighters

When the musics over- the doors

We were just talking about the doors with our friends a few days ago.. awesome band.. love it!
Zip:)

slough shark
03-19-2020, 10:18 AM
I have created a folder in my email to store all the covid-19 related emails I get from companies telling me how they are doing business in these "difficult times" or trying to convince me to buy some product or service from them. It is amazing how many banks think they have the answer for investing now.

The current count sits at 47 emails from 32 different companies. Seems Princess Auto is offering free shipping on "most online orders", while another company is threatening something along the lines of "sneeze in our store and you will be asked to leave." Not quite those words, perhaps a better paraphrase would be "keep your stink'n germs at home!" :)

sns2, how does it work being a germophobe and a teacher? I would have a hard time reconciling those two.

ARG
I can’t speak for sns2 on the germophobe thing but my wife, sister, mom, aunt, fil and grandma are or were teachers and I’m convinced that their immune systems weed out the weak in their first few years. Their immune systems are always on high alert and must be surprisingly strong. They catch and develop immunity to colds or conditions that you thought were in storybooks, were you aware you can catch vertigo as an example? My mom is 74, taught for 35 or 40 years and part of me wonders what diseases she might have or has come into contact with that her immune system laughs at. Does she have cancer and her immune system just shrugs it’s shoulders at it? I may never know.

MyAlberta
03-19-2020, 10:21 AM
There's a deadly gorgeous red head that lives 250 ft in front of me maybe 35 years old and I went for a walk this morn and we stopped and chatted.

I got back to my house and told my wife about her and the last thing I said was this dam virus.

My wife said go for it, she may need a good laugh. No respect what so ever.

No harm in looking and talking, all that fresh air go the old brain over thinking.

Keeps the heart young and I when I am 85 I still will want to see a nice red head and chat. The body gets older, but the eyes still see the same as when I was young.

We did chat about 8ft apart just incase.

JD

I’ve met more neighbours in the last week than I have in 20 years. I hike every day down at the Elbow river, as does it seem all of the neighbourhood. Local golf course has had some nice snow and the skiers are out in full force.

bat119
03-19-2020, 10:22 AM
People are strange when you're a stranger
Faces look ugly when you're alone
Women seem wicked when you're unwanted

The Doors

bessiedog
03-19-2020, 10:24 AM
Men Without Hats

Safety Dance.....

not Pop Goes the World..... we're trying to be positive ;)

Mistagin
03-19-2020, 10:27 AM
'Is There Anybody Out There?' - Pink Floyd
We live on a normally very busy road, pretty quiet, not much traffic the last few days.

while watching the markets and panic shoppers - 'Dazed and Confused' - Led Zeppelin

My current house renovation project may be going on hiatus (I'm renovating this house for our landlord as a 'caretaker-tenant - he supplies material, I do the labour); lumber yards are closed or closing in our town, need some supplies so my landlord called in an order for me (it has to be on one of his accounts or they won't process it) and I can go pick up the order after 1:30 today; told to just go to the shipping door and the yard guys will load my truck for me. Never had to make an appointment for building supplies before!

My wife works for an airline (AC JAZZ); her base is basically shutting down for April due to no scheduled flights. She left this morning to go help out at another base up north, and may not be able to get home on Monday! I may be making a long, long road trip!!!

It's all getting rather interesting. In the future this will be one of those, "Where were you when ...?" events.

CaberTosser
03-19-2020, 10:32 AM
As disinfecting wipes are not to be found I'll make my own. I happen to have a few bottles of isopropyl alcohol and found a box of 75 reusable microfiber towels at Costco. I just need a wipes container, I might buy one that has auto-glass wipes (which may themselves be disinfecting if they have ammonia, one can always 'tune them up' with some alcohol).

I figure on keeping a ziplock bag for the used microfiber towels and they can be laundered and refreshed. Its not as though anything would live on them being soaked in alcohol. If I run out of isopropyl there's always vodka!

sns2
03-19-2020, 10:32 AM

No radiant heaters. My thought is if she indeed has it, we will likely all get it. We are following all the instructions given us. Not much more we can do. After doing it all right, if we all get er we all get er. Thanks for the info though.

Zip
03-19-2020, 10:33 AM
Don’t bring me down.... ELO

sns2
03-19-2020, 10:34 AM

ARG

It is called free cognitive behavioral therapy every time I walk in my class. LOL. I have a sink in my room and a bottle of Dawn:)

CaberTosser
03-19-2020, 10:43 AM
The furnace spreading germs suggestion was silly. MK2750 was correct in de-bunking that, he's a professional in that field after all.

(EDIT: I typed this following section without having read MK2750's entire post, he already covered it) Think of the path that a coughed virus molecule would have to take, return air ducts with many surfaces to contact & cling to and corners to go around and get turbulent. Then down to the main return air duct and THROUGH THE FILTER, then through the blower, then through the supply air ducts and all of the corners and twists and turns there. If you're worried abut that you might as well be scared of the wind.....

Now I'm not suggesting that furnace filters will filter molecule-sized viruses, I'm suggesting that the virus will have a lot of surfaces to cling to along the way.

What would help though, would be one of those UV light probes that goes into the return air. That would certainly have a helpful effect.

Zip
03-19-2020, 10:45 AM
All by myself... Celion Dion

liar
03-19-2020, 10:47 AM
people are crazy - Billy Curington

Big Sky
03-19-2020, 10:49 AM
Got a recent message from a buddy. He said nothing is stopping us from going fishing this year. Social distancing shouldn't be a problem out on the water.

He's offered to drive for the season as he has modified his truck in order to keep us safe.

He sent me this pic and told me guess which one's gonna be me. :sHa_shakeshout:

https://i.postimg.cc/43hRbH4z/hillbilly-truck.jpg

Jigsalot
03-19-2020, 10:51 AM
As most of you guys know, I spend 30-40% of my time in the US, with som eof my businesses locations in the LA, San Fran, Seattle Areas …… so this last trip, guess what, got a cold …..

........... and into quarantine I go.

Came back Friday night, my wife had set me up in the Master, so I have a couch, bathroom, TV, and everything anyone would need …..

My wife called Health link and they wanted me to go get the test. I got a one hour time slot for a location that is confidential - I guess they don't want people swarming it - but was surprised to see about 100 or more people there all awaiting the test.

Generally they took precautions like sanitizing on the way in, masking us, ensuring no one was too close to each other as we waited to get swabbed, but still pretty annoying to think we could not have done a drive through thing to eliminate the cross contamination possibility - but whatever.

The swab up the nose is no treat - I'm pretty sure she swabbed my brain.

My symptoms were mild running nose, sneezing, a bit of cold and slightly sore throat. Have a little tickle cough now but coming out of it. No fever, nothing serious at all - I'd rank this as "mild" so I'm pretty certain it's just a cold.

Nevertheless, I'm in isolation (and quarantine as the door to the bedroom only opens when my guards (lol) bring me food or supplies) …..

Should have official results in a day or two.

I am, however, not terribly concerned for myself, as I'm not quite 50, have no health issues and would classify what I'm going through as quite mild.

Haven't worn a shirt with buttons or real pants in days …….. this has some benefits ….:)

Toughest part is isolation.
Thanks for the good information. Friend of mine just did the same thing you did. It was 4 days for a result but negative. Bad cold.

Zip
03-19-2020, 10:53 AM
who will stop the rain..Creedence Clearwater revival.. and every song the wrote and sang.. love this band.. still!

fordtruckin
03-19-2020, 10:56 AM
Well across the border I figure things are about the same as up north. Was in town yesterday’s trying to get my truck from the shop after some warranty work as well as pick up a rifle I ordered 10 days ago. With everything closing I figured I should get it ASAP in case this escalated again. The stores didn’t seem much quieter than normal. Walmart shelves were empty for most food related items. Every time I turned a corner I had to laugh at how panic has set in and people are buying things they normally wouldn’t.(pretty sad really) what I found most ironic is that everywhere was pretty much out of hand sanitizer bleach disinfectants and toilet paper, but everywhere had plenty of hand soap dish soap and body soap.... At the store where I got my rifle they said they sold 60 guns on Sunday and were out of all 223/556 and 9mm. Multiple people were in there asking about self defense firearms and a couple hunting. The wait for the ATF form was over 4 hours but since I have a concealed permit I fill the form out and get to take my purchase immediately. (Definitely one of the biggest benefits of having a ccw. Go through the check early so you can walk out quicker)

With all the bars restaurants theaters gyms schools and whatever else is closed I’m wondering what’s going to happen in 2 weeks when those initial bans are lifted. I still have to go to work but not many are out recreating so I end up aiding the local PD and Sheriffs mainly. Wife is on Furlough from the federal government so she gets to stay at home. While I do think this COVID19 is dangerous and something to be taken seriously, I won’t let it run my life and make me panic. Other than that we have plenty of the necessities and are out of town so that makes life easier. Our town is also in the off season with Yellowstone being closed for the changeover from winter to summer travel which has even fewer people around. I do wonder what this summer will be like with the number of Asian tourists we historically get and travel bans this could be a very slow year for business in town but a great year to see the park without the extra tourist traffic.

omega50
03-19-2020, 11:14 AM
Keep the kids occupied in the morning helping to make a themed breakfast.
The Hungarians like to eat Tejbegriz pronounce loosely like -Tay-ba-grease
They use semolina -Griz- Grease

But we just use 3 min -Cream of wheat.

4 cups milk brought to a simmer with
1/2 tsp salt
When close to a slow boil slowly incorporate in 3/4 cup Cream of wheat and cook-stirring gently with a whisk for 3 minutes or until thickened and gently bubbling on the surface. Will still be quite pourable if you work quickly.

Quickly divide between 4 large 10" shallow dinner plates and allow to spread.
Dust heavily with Nestle's Quik powder. Can also substitute Cinnamon sugar if you like.

Now the fun part designed to slow it all down and have fun.

Give each kid a plate with a small spoon and starting from the outside work slowly in concentric circles loading the spoon. When loaded slurp it off and keep going until you reach the centre.

Some small reward or prize for reaching the centre last.

Last time I made it with our grandson he ate 3 plates and was at the table for 45 minutes.
Adults love it too.

Slow it down while you have time on your hands.
Use water if milk is not available

Edit-Omega out-Here we go down the rabbit hole again:(

Bigwoodsman
03-19-2020, 11:24 AM
Not much has changed in my world. Being in trucking industry, we are an essential service, and have been hauling medical supplies and necessities of life through out the province. My phone rings daily with AHS on the line trying to get the logistics figured out. My significant other works in a LTC facility taking care of the elderly and dying (Hospice). Her work never slows down.

I wash my hands regularly, happened to find a bottle of Hand Sanitizer and have it in my office and use it a few times a day. I've created our COVID 19 workplace policy and update it if necessary. So far no one has exhibited any symptoms of COVID.

Taking it day by day and count each COVID free day as a blessing.

BW

JD848
03-19-2020, 11:35 AM
I just realized this that I haven't had a telemarketer call or from some idiot saying there from the revenue Canada or a free cruse . I guess the free cruise one isn't going to fly to well so they have stopped .

Maybe just me, but my house phone is dead silent.

JD

Au revoir, Gopher
03-19-2020, 11:38 AM
We were just talking about the doors with our friends a few days ago.. awesome band.. love it!

I was going to suggest another Doors' song, but I figured with the "no doom" rule, I would get in trouble :)

ARG

bobtodrick
03-19-2020, 11:39 AM
Well across the border I figure things are about the same as up north. Was in town yesterday’s trying to get my truck from the shop after some warranty work as well as pick up a rifle I ordered 10 days ago. With everything closing I figured I should get it ASAP in case this escalated again. The stores didn’t seem much quieter than normal. Walmart shelves were empty for most food related items. Every time I turned a corner I had to laugh at how panic has set in and people are buying things they normally wouldn’t.(pretty sad really) what I found most ironic is that everywhere was pretty much out of hand sanitizer bleach disinfectants and toilet paper, but everywhere had plenty of hand soap dish soap and body soap.... At the store where I got my rifle they said they sold 60 guns on Sunday and were out of all 223/556 and 9mm. Multiple people were in there asking about self defense firearms and a couple hunting. The wait for the ATF form was over 4 hours but since I have a concealed permit I fill the form out and get to take my purchase immediately. (Definitely one of the biggest benefits of having a ccw. Go through the check early so you can walk out quicker)

Glad I'm an odd duck :sHa_shakeshout:
Went to my favorite gunshop to get some ammo for an upcoming range day.
They told me there was run on some calibers...I'm a huge .222REM fan...they said they had as much as they ever had and I was the first they sold in couple weeks.

bobtodrick
03-19-2020, 11:41 AM
I deal with Edmonton Police Service...home B&E's are down because they know everyone is at home now.
That's a plus.

SteyrSSG
03-19-2020, 11:47 AM
As I had posted in the last thread, I returned from CONEXPO (Las Vegas) last Friday morning. I have been hunkered down with "niner domestic" (my lovely wife) ever since. I am very fortunate that both of us have the ability to work from home (although neither of us have ever had to really before) so at least I can keep working until the end of this week. I am sure my guys and I will have to be laid off by then as no income is being generated within our company. Neither of us have any symptoms as of yet but we figured we should follow the AHS recommendations.
It was interesting we were discussing the effects of the isolation and shortages ongoing the other evening. I told my wife that sitting here on a couch, watching TV with running water, heat and electricity is like being on a wonderful "stay-cation". We take an awful lot for granted in a first world country, I much prefer this isolation to living in a country with limited water, electricity, staring at my buddies day in and day out and waiting for a weekly supply drop off. I realize this is not the best environment for many of us but I do think we can certainly get though this.
Ok, its time to bundle up and sit on the deck for some sunshine.

nimrod
03-19-2020, 11:49 AM
This is not a true threat, the guy is no doubt paranoid enough already.

Some virus suspend in air clinging to moisture under ideal circumstances. You can witness this moisture on a very cold day. There is very little chance one of these particles would even make it to the return air grill in her room. If it did by some miracle there is absolutely no chance this moisture would make it down the lined joist, climb up into the crossover, navigate the main, sneak past the filter, survive the screaming hot trip past the heat exchanger, travel 10 to 30 feet of more ducting, slither past the take off, survive the run, get past the boot and heat grill and then go flying around the house. All with out touching any surface where it would get hung up.

It is more likely his house be attacked by wolves and he contracts rabies.

If he catches it from his wife it will be from direct contact from her or something she touched or coughed on and it sounds like he is taking every precaution necessary.

Her symptoms sound like the same nasty cold that everyone I know had this winter, including the sore throat, cough and head aches.

I hope all turns out well for you sns2

Well thanks for setting the record strait, will wipe down everything now.

58thecat
03-19-2020, 11:52 AM
wife's working from home...I don't work.....going fishing again....ohhh the hardships I face:)

I did run over my deadstick yesterday moving the truck to block the wind....:snapoutofit:

:sign0176:

dumbazz was what she called me:sHa_sarcasticlol:

tbiddy
03-19-2020, 11:54 AM
I just realized this that I haven't had a telemarketer call or from some idiot saying there from the revenue Canada or a free cruse . I guess the free cruise one isn't going to fly to well so they have stopped .

JD

It’s the opposite for me. 5-6 calls a day from Belize starting at 5am. Hearing lots of people are getting the same thing. Belize and Ethiopia are the two big ones.

Fitscottn
03-19-2020, 11:58 AM
Not sure about anyone else, but been doing a lot of reading on how to make things like sourdough starter, pickles and pasta..

Already dabble in woodworking, reloading, leather so I think there are some skills that add benefit.

CaberTosser
03-19-2020, 12:04 PM
I deal with Edmonton Police Service...home B&E's are down because they know everyone is at home now.
That's a plus.

I had thought of this very thing. Then I wondered if they'd start to do it anyways as their desperation increases. I have a call shortly at a friends house who's a detective, I'm curious to hear how things are on the police's end of things. Them I'm really concerned about in terms of whether they have to subdue people who may be infected. Does it means they'll just get more liberal with deploying the taser for those who are combative? Once this hits the homeless shelters its gonna be real bad. The eco-warriors who only take transit and look down on private vehicles are going to be re-thinking their perspectives immediately.

IronNoggin
03-19-2020, 12:07 PM
I was already on Shut Down due to the massive blood clot in the main vein draining the left hemisphere of my brain.
Yesterday got the notice: Isolate - You Are At High Risk.
Damn.
Told to expect to be off work for a "minimum of four to six months".
Double Damn.

A few supplies on Friday to top us up (including a shipment of ammo thanks).

Meeting with the Bank in early April to discuss mortgage deferral.

Hunkering down...

On other fronts, it appears the first real time Clinical Trial for Covid 19 Prevention is underway.

Stay Safe Folks...

Nog

Sundancefisher
03-19-2020, 12:08 PM
Simple things are for now not simple. If wife wants to go for a walk...no problem. Just stay 2 m back should someone stop to chat.

If a friend wants to walk...well...need to be 2 meters apart and may be hard to remember. Walking is prohibited now in SAN Fran due to the virus containment requirements.

Kids were going over to a friends...nope...cancelled.

Today a buddy wanted to go ice fishing. Sundance is shut so driving elsewhere is the option. Nope...can’t go in the same vehicle.

I feel this needs to work and watering down the effort won’t help this at all. It is a responsibility and neighbourly behaviour to adhere to the social distancing rules. I will be part of the solution and not the problem.

Clusterite
03-19-2020, 12:13 PM
If in self isolation......enjoy the silence....Depeche Mode

muirsy
03-19-2020, 12:17 PM
Thanks to everyone sharing stories so far, they've been good reads & I wish nothing but the best to anyone on true lockdown feeling unwell.

Nothing very exciting for us. We're both at home unable to service clients face to face, so just doing what we can remotely.

With all the extra time we now have (no kids), we were considering fostering a dog again. AARCS is pretty flooded with them so we're thinking why the hell not....we can't use lack of time as an excuse now, plus it'll get us out of the house more and into some fresh air.

As soon as it warms up a bit more I also want to get out and set up my new tree saddle, and shoot a few arrows from it haha.

People Are Strange - The Doors

sns2
03-19-2020, 12:19 PM
People Are People - Depeche Mode

catnthehat
03-19-2020, 12:23 PM
Gettin' down on the Mountain, Corb Lund!:medium-smiley-035::scared0018:
Cat

javlin101
03-19-2020, 12:25 PM
Well I am in day 5 of my cold (I think). Scratchy throat that's about it. However I have been using a Neti Pot 3 - 4 times a day and it keeps the sinuses clear. No cough, temp or aches &pains.

I swear by the Neti Pot though which helps if you start using it as soon as you feel a cold coming on.

I seen a post on Face Book that showed a sign from Costco stating they will not accept returns on

TP
Sani Wipes
Disinfectant
Few other things cannot remember now.

bat119
03-19-2020, 12:30 PM
The rodeo song ---Garry Lee and Showdown

Picked up a prescription no sign of a pandemic in Lloyd grocery stores parking lots full lots of traffic everywhere.

dukla
03-19-2020, 12:35 PM
Both my wife and I are in Emergency Services in the city. No doomsday talk, but very heightened awareness at work and home. The general public, from my first hand perspective, are scared. And they are right to be. So much of our resources are put towards trying to reassure as well as convey a practical approach to this pandemic. Co workers are continually exposed and over stressed and over utilized. The rest of my sanity is left for trying to keep level headed myself lol.
Good luck everyone.

josey
03-19-2020, 12:35 PM

JD

Really? The amount of spam calls and even text messages the last two weeks is insane. I have never gotten many but now it's ridiculous!

ORV
03-19-2020, 12:36 PM
We can work it out Beatles

Put a little love in your heart Jackie Deshannon

I can help Billy Swan

josey
03-19-2020, 12:36 PM
Not sure about anyone else, but been doing a lot of reading on how to make things like sourdough starter, pickles and pasta..

Already dabble in woodworking, reloading, leather so I think there are some skills that add benefit.

If you need help with sourdough or pasta let me know. I have done that for almost two years now.

SteyrSSG
03-19-2020, 12:41 PM
On a little bit of a different note. If you are in isolation/quarantine/lock-down and you do not have immediate family to drop off supplies. Perhaps try spud.ca These guys may be able to assist you. I know they are only located in the larger cities and the delivery timelines are starting to get pushed, however it might work for some of you.

MK2750
03-19-2020, 12:42 PM
Well I am in day 5 of my cold (I think). Scratchy throat that's about it. However I have been using a Neti Pot 3 - 4 times a day and it keeps the sinuses clear. No cough, temp or aches &pains.

I swear by the Neti Pot though which helps if you start using it as soon as you feel a cold coming on.

I seen a post on Face Book that showed a sign from Costco stating they will not accept returns on

TP
Sani Wipes
Disinfectant
Few other things cannot remember now.

I was speaking with a nurse on the phone regarding an unrelated issue. She made mention that the scratchy throat and acute bronchitis (chest cold) has been going around like crazy since last fall and this of course is overwhelming the phone lines etc. as the symptoms mimic the Covid-19.

Tfng
03-19-2020, 12:43 PM
If you need help with sourdough or pasta let me know. I have done that for almost two years now.

Your posts on sourdough got my interest so I did some looking into it. Is it really as simple as making your own starter from wild yeast? Will the end product be similar to a typical sourdough?

It might be a fun but educational project for the kids and I while we’re home.

Sundancefisher
03-19-2020, 12:44 PM
Really? The amount of spam calls and even text messages the last two weeks is insane. I have never gotten many but now it's ridiculous!

I had my kids rolling on the floor the other day. A spam person called. The old tax scam. I immediately told him that I was on the no call list and as such it was an automatic fine of $109.95...payable with MasterCard or Visa.

I had him on the line for 9 minutes as he argued about why he shouldn’t pay the fee right there and then. He finally hung up on me when I pressured him for personal information details such as full name and address.

It was a hoot. Now that I am stuck at home...it is my civic duty and all our duty to tie these people up and make them go insane.

:sHa_shakeshout:

Au revoir, Gopher
03-19-2020, 12:44 PM
Whip it - Devo

ARG

sns2
03-19-2020, 12:47 PM
How hard is this people???? No bloody links even good ones. You allow one and the doomsday crew will have what is a lovely thread blanked up in a moment's time. Geez.

buckbrush
03-19-2020, 12:48 PM
Your posts on sourdough got my interest so I did some looking into it. Is it really as simple as making your own starter from wild yeast? Will the end product be similar to a typical sourdough?

I haven't tried the sourdough but might look into it. Can't answer your question.

Although I did watch a video about a feminist who made yogurt using her own.....
starter culture..:scared0015::scared0015:
I have not been able to eat yogurt since.

Sundancefisher
03-19-2020, 12:51 PM
How hard is this people???? No bloody links even good ones. You allow one and the doomsday crew will have what is a lovely thread blanked up in a moment's time. Geez.

Sorry. I posted music video links. Is that a no no?

Posted Allentown and Pressure by Billy Joel.

Thought there was a music theme.

javlin101
03-19-2020, 12:51 PM
I was speaking with a nurse on the phone regarding an unrelated issue. She made mention that the scratchy throat and acute bronchitis (chest cold) has been going around like crazy since last fall and this of course is overwhelming the phone lines etc. as the symptoms mimic the Covid-19.

Yup I don't think it's much more than that so no need to add to the madness. I work from home and will stay put for another week and see what happens.

Tfng
03-19-2020, 12:53 PM
I haven't tried the sourdough but might look into it. Can't answer your question.

Although I did watch a video about a feminist who made yogurt using her own.....
starter culture..:scared0015::scared0015:
I have not been able to eat yogurt since.

Oh man! I’ll never look at yogurt the same again! It’s one of my faves (was?)

Sledhead71
03-19-2020, 01:02 PM

Trying to bypass the filter in the Title Line can earn you a time out Mr. :)

josey
03-19-2020, 01:04 PM

Yeah it is. It takes some practice to make great loaves but even the early ones are quite tasty.
Totally fun for kids and super rewarding. Let alone your house will smell amazing!
Here is a link to a good approach that keeps it really simple:
https://foodbodsourdough.com
Start with how to make a starter (https://foodbodsourdough.com/how-to-make-a-starter/) and when it's ready (1-2 weeks) she has a great basic recipe (https://foodbodsourdough.com/what-equipment-you-need/).
Any questions, let me know. I know this recipe super well and Elaine herself is amazing too. You can email her too.

josey
03-19-2020, 01:05 PM
I had my kids rolling on the floor the other day. A spam person called. The old tax scam. I immediately told him that I was on the no call list and as such it was an automatic fine of $109.95...payable with MasterCard or Visa.

I had him on the line for 9 minutes as he argued about why he shouldn’t pay the fee right there and then. He finally hung up on me when I pressured him for personal information details such as full name and address.

It was a hoot. Now that I am stuck at home...it is my civic duty and all our duty to tie these people up and make them go insane.

oh hilarious!!!

jungleboy
03-19-2020, 01:06 PM
All by myself : Eric Carmen
Sleeping single in a double bed : Barbara Mandrell

😁

kevinhits
03-19-2020, 01:08 PM
" My hands have never been this dry in all my life"..LOL

Washing hands and using sanitizer....:bad_boys_20:

sns2
03-19-2020, 01:09 PM

How do you know those symbols are not code for a friendly, ancient Chinese greeting from the city of Wuhan?

Pathfinder76
03-19-2020, 01:15 PM

Just so you are aware, if you have the right scammer on your phone for more than 60 seconds they can gain control of your line. In other words, they can direct incoming calls to your phone to themselves. This is handy for setting online passwords etc. My advice? Hang up the phone immediately.

bloopbloob
03-19-2020, 01:16 PM
Well, 100 phone calls later, I finally got through on 811 and put in a queue. On hold for another 40 minutes. Upon the assessment I was referred as an eligible candidate for testing! Happy about that. Will be tested within next 3 days.

Stinky Buffalo
03-19-2020, 01:20 PM
My plant is on a skeleton crew at the moment, with most office personnel sent to work from home starting last Friday. It's good, I'm used to working from home, but not necessarily with all of the kids at home... :o

Incredigirl went in to work on Monday but has been working from home since, since she has the option.

bobtodrick
03-19-2020, 01:21 PM
Well, 100 phone calls later, I finally got through on 811 and put in a queue. On hold for another 40 minutes. Upon the assessment I was referred as an eligible candidate for testing! Happy about that. Will be tested within next 3 days.

Good for you....keep us informed.

jungleboy
03-19-2020, 01:23 PM

Glad to hear Bloop. I pray it comes back negative

Big Sky
03-19-2020, 01:23 PM
Don't stand so close to me - The Police

Sent my mom some youtube links. She's quite religious and was upset about missing Sunday services. There's plenty of videos available.

Stinky Buffalo
03-19-2020, 01:26 PM
Don't stand so close to me - The Police

Sent my mom some youtube links. She's quite religious and was upset about missing Sunday services. There's plenty of videos available.

Yup, a lot of churches have podcasts and live feeds via Facebook, Youtube, etc.

Sledhead71
03-19-2020, 01:30 PM
How do you know those symbols are not code for a friendly, ancient Chinese greeting from the city of Wuhan?

I must brush up on my ancient greetings I see.

buckbrush
03-19-2020, 01:31 PM

I think SNS would probably welcome that idea..

bloopbloob
03-19-2020, 01:39 PM
Anyone else been tested? What a process to just get a referral! Anyone else with experience? Can't just get tested, have to jump through hoops and qualify under their assessment, to get referral, to get a test within the next 3 days, and then wait 5 days for results. I don't know of anyone who has been tested personally. And thanks guys. Still feeling like a bag of hammers, but it I know it will pass.

Jigsalot
03-19-2020, 01:49 PM
Anyone else been tested? What a process to just get a referral! Anyone else with experience? Can't just get tested, have to jump through hoops and qualify under their assessment, to get referral, to get a test within the next 3 days, and then wait 5 days for results. I don't know of anyone who has been tested personally. And thanks guys. Still feeling like a bag of hammers, but it I know it will pass.

Had a friend just got tested last week. It took 4 days for results. It was negative and it was a bad cold. Hope everything works out for you. Hang in there. Netflix is a great way to beat the boredom 😄

sns2
03-19-2020, 02:09 PM

Good luck. They told my wife the same 5 days ago. LOL.

If you are typing here, you will likely be just fine. Hang in there.

JD848
03-19-2020, 02:14 PM
Just so you are aware, if you have the right scammer on your phone for more than 60 seconds they can gain control of your line. In other words, they can direct incoming calls to your phone to themselves. This is handy for setting online passwords etc. My advice? Hang up the phone immediately.

In 5 seconds they hang up, I can't print what I say,but it's not have a nice day cheers.

JD

JD848
03-19-2020, 02:21 PM

X2 Bloop good to see you up ,hope all goes well.

The best to your whole family as well.

JD

Who Da Fisherman
03-19-2020, 02:51 PM
This is great. Thank you. I will be sharing this on other platforms.

Bahahahahahaha, to funny

Who Da Fisherman
03-19-2020, 02:55 PM

My wife got tested on Monday, we are in lockdown till we here the results.
I can work from home and we are stocked up so no biggy.
WDF

Zip
03-19-2020, 02:59 PM

Good luck with your health and your family’s health as well.. I’m rooting for ya bloop, your a good man!
Thank you for everything
Zip:):)

RavYak
03-19-2020, 03:06 PM
As Trudeau stated this morning this will likely drag on for weeks/months. We need better testing capability and to set up tracking systems like what some other more advanced nations have done.

If the government can figure out a way to offer fast, cheap testing to those that need it (like South Korea did) then we can approach this self isolation differently and continue on with a more normal lifestyle. Without decent testing capability we are stuck self isolating for no reason in order to try to not spread the virus.

The government should be focused on two fronts right now imo.

1) Sourcing tests, masks and gloves and ensuring they are readily available nation wide. Find Canadian companies to manufacture these goods and have them provided so everyone has access to them.

2) Set up coronavirus hospitals, commandeer unused buildings and make them into treatment centers offering isolation, ventilation and other necessary treatments. Hire first responders, retired doctors/nurses and university students that have some knowledge and have a couple more experienced doctors train them up to run these hospitals. Leave the majority doctors and nurses to deal with our already at capacity healthcare system.

If we can set up effective systems for diagnosing and treating this virus it will allow the majority of Canadians to continue life semi normally (with a little more respect to viruses).

sns2
03-19-2020, 03:15 PM
As Trudeau stated this morning this will likely drag on for weeks/months. We need better testing capability and to set up tracking systems like what some other more advanced nations have done.

If the government can figure out a way to offer fast, cheap testing to those that need it (like South Korea did) then we can approach this self isolation differently and continue on with a more normal lifestyle. Without decent testing capability we are stuck self isolating for no reason in order to try to not spread the virus.

The government should be focused on two fronts right now imo.

1) Sourcing tests, masks and gloves and ensuring they are readily available nation wide. Find Canadian companies to manufacture these goods and have them provided so everyone has access to them.

2) Set up coronavirus hospitals, commandeer unused buildings and make them into treatment centers offering isolation, ventilation and other necessary treatments. Hire first responders, retired doctors/nurses and university students that have some knowledge and have a couple more experienced doctors train them up to run these hospitals. Leave the majority doctors and nurses to deal with our already at capacity healthcare system.

If we can set up effective systems for diagnosing and treating this virus it will allow the majority of Canadians to continue life semi normally (with a little more respect to viruses).Good thoughts. Too smart for Trudeau though.

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

SamSteele
03-19-2020, 03:20 PM
My wife is one of the more senior RNs at the Alec ER, so she is being asked to come into work non-stop. Partly to cover for those who cant work due to childcare, partly because some are calling in sick. I cant say I like the exposure and risk she is getting but she tells me this is why she got into nursing, so who am I to argue?

I was supposed to be in Indiana this past week with work. I cancelled that and have been doing meetings online instead. The family was supposed to be coming with me to Houston next week. That's also been cancelled (obviously) but the VRBO we booked with is being a pain with the cancellation, charging the full amount to my card AFTER I cancelled.

My mom went to eSwatini (formerly Swaziland) back on March 10th, before all of this blew up here. I've been on the phone trying to get her flights home ASAP. The earliest I could get her back was March 22nd, so praying that KLM doesn't shut things down before then.

All that to say, I need a break from being on the phone all the time so I'm building some tackle storage tonight and going fishing this weekend. I can't wait!

Sundancefisher
03-19-2020, 03:26 PM

Are you assuming I am using a cell phone? :bad_boys_20:

fishinhogdaddy
03-19-2020, 03:43 PM
Good Afternoon Everyone.

I am a front-line AHS worker. I work as part of the "supply chain" to insure products and supplies are in stock and available for treating patients.
I am very much encouraged by the "get it done-teamwork" approach I am experiencing and living at work. I kinda find it a bit ironic that we, as health care workers are now considered some of the most important people during this outbreak. Only a few months ago, it was a different story.

Personally, I am fine. Although my hands are like hamburger from alcohol sanitizer and constant washing. A small price to pay to insure cleanliness and health for all I am in close contact with.
SN2. I guess we won't be meeting anytime soon huh?! Haha.
Let me just say, calmer heads must prevail regarding "hoarding".
Ask yourself when purchasing any sanitary supplies "what do I really NEED"?
Instead of buying ten, can I get by with one or two? WE WON'T RUN OUT!!!
Many don't realize it BUT, hoarding has an affect on the whole global supply chain. Truckers, Purchasers/Buyers and Suppliers as well as the general public. Hand washing often, practicing good hygiene and limiting contact with others is the route. I suggest looking up the AHS Site for updates and not buying the doom and gloom that has become part of our make-up with the Internet as being positive is so much better for the psyche.

I am very proud to be working on your behalf! I find it extremely rewarding being able to make a difference in a crisis time like this. Sometimes crisis brings out the best in people as I believe it has in me.
Life is good. It's a mindset I've tried to sustain.
Wishing all the best health possible, a quick recovery for those not as lucky as I and the hope we will be over this scourge sooner than later.

My song....Get over it! The Eagles

FHD

Twisted Canuck
03-19-2020, 03:57 PM
We have been waiting for my wife to see a cardiologist, she was supposed to finally go Monday. They called today and told us all 'Non essential' is shut down. I strongly disagreed with the idea it's non essential.

So one of our great AO members and all around great guy has a brother in law who is a cardiologist in Edmonton. We are going to see if we can arrange an appointment there.

Judas Priest. Breaking the Law.

Fingers crossed, or prayers, that we can make it happen.

KGB
03-19-2020, 04:00 PM
Arrived back to the country on March17. The house was full of supplies that friends left for us, even the basket with sandwiches by the door apron arrival, lol! Friends are bringing us fresh produce, fruits and veggies. We are sitting home, wife and daughter work from the house but I’m talking to my employer and looks like will be going on EI for two weeks.
We went for a walk around the neighborhood today to get some fresh air, nobody is around. Wife has a specific problem with her lungs that can be deadly if she gets the CV-19... So we are super duper careful.
For me it’s like the extended vacation- sleeping, watching tv, a few drinks at lunch and dinner and lots of cuddling, lol!

Buckhead
03-19-2020, 04:13 PM
Well I have a question so maybe someone can educate me.
Is it safe to eat fresh produce? I stopped and am now using frozen only. Or ones that have to be cooked.

Hopefully I don't get banned for asking a legitimate question.

MountainTi
03-19-2020, 04:16 PM
Well I have a question so maybe someone can educate me.
Is it safe to eat fresh produce? I stopped and am now using frozen only. Or ones that have to be cooked.

Hopefully I don't get banned for asking a legitimate question.

Wash it first.

Why would you get banned for asking a legitimate question? Some would say it sounds childish asking that particular question

Pathfinder76
03-19-2020, 04:19 PM
Are you assuming I am using a cell phone? :bad_boys_20:

They can do it with a landline.

Buckhead
03-19-2020, 04:20 PM
Wash it first.

Why would you get banned for asking a legitimate question? Some would say it sounds childish asking that particular question

I am not being childish. Just looking for info. I wasn't aware that simply washing with water would kill a virus.
It's a legit question. I thought of the rinsing with water, but you aren't really removing anything just diluting it maybe or spreading it around.
And if you are on edge kindly keep your insults to yourself.

bat119
03-19-2020, 04:26 PM
Are all the bars and VLT'S shut down? I know for sure the casino's are tomorrow is child tax day the busiest day of the month

MountainTi
03-19-2020, 04:32 PM
I am not being childish. Just looking for info. I wasn't aware that simply washing with water would kill a virus.
It's a legit question. I thought of the rinsing with water, but you aren't really removing anything just diluting it maybe or spreading it around.
And if you are on edge kindly keep your insults to yourself.

If you don't think warm water will be enough to rinse it down the drain with a thorough washing, I would mix apple cider vinegar with the wash.

Look at the question you asked about a banning. What was the reasoning for that?

Buckhead
03-19-2020, 04:36 PM
If you don't think warm water will be enough to rinse it down the drain with a thorough washing, I would mix apple cider vinegar with the wash.

Look at the question you asked about a banning. What was the reasoning for that?

I see a lot of people have been banned. That's all. I have no hidden agenda.

^v^Tinda wolf^v^
03-19-2020, 04:37 PM
Nothing has changed in my bubble. The wife and I still go get er done everyday and managed to pull through after having schools/daycares Shut down. We have increased our sanitation schedule but for the most part it’s the same old show. I made a real potent hand sanitizer that is just shy of peeling the skin off lol. 99% isopropyl and aloe with a twist of lemon juice.

Our home has always had a good air system in it and is set up in such a way I swear it creates its own eco system lol. With a combination of several house plants (The wife) = (no weed) and proper air movement, the air is always fresh and marvellous to breath! On my furnace intake I have a removable filter outside that helps keep the crap out, further along I’ve got a U/V light to kill anything in its path and then a real good hepa filter system at the furnace. Even with a pointer we barely ever have to dust anything. This filter system sure did help with the wild fires as well.

I think a lot of people are shocked with the turn of events. In a way maybe the rest of Canada gets a taste of how things have been here in Alberta for the past five years. It usually always takes a good sit the “””” down and think about it to bring people to a new conclusion. I hope the sun prevails and the hardships are minimal. For the men, zinc supplements will boost your immune system and put lead in the pencil. I have also increased my Vitamin C supplements and also drink two small bottles of danactive with 1 billion pro biotic bacteria in it. I swear by the yogurt and my health record shows real data to prove it.

Stay healthy and safe

MountainTi
03-19-2020, 04:56 PM
I see a lot of people have been banned. That's all. I have no hidden agenda.

Trolling/ fearmongering is far different than asking a legitimate question :)

EZM
03-19-2020, 05:23 PM
The furnace spreading germs suggestion was silly. MK2750 was correct in de-bunking that, he's a professional in that field after all.

(EDIT: I typed this following section without having read MK2750's entire post, he already covered it) Think of the path that a coughed virus molecule would have to take, return air ducts with many surfaces to contact & cling to and corners to go around and get turbulent. Then down to the main return air duct and THROUGH THE FILTER, then through the blower, then through the supply air ducts and all of the corners and twists and turns there. If you're worried abut that you might as well be scared of the wind.....

Now I'm not suggesting that furnace filters will filter molecule-sized viruses, I'm suggesting that the virus will have a lot of surfaces to cling to along the way.

What would help though, would be one of those UV light probes that goes into the return air. That would certainly have a helpful effect.

Just re-did my furnaces last year - both have that large thick filter and the blue light thing. Kinda feel a little better about spending the money now - despite agreeing with you about the dangers of airborne pathogens.

Au revoir, Gopher
03-19-2020, 09:34 PM
Interesting story on the news this evening. Local breweries and distilleries are trying to help out by producing hand sanitizer. No links allowed, so look it up yourself :)

ARG

flyrodfisher
03-19-2020, 09:36 PM

Not sure why the results should take 3 days???...unless testing is backlogged?
All the best bloop

tirebob
03-19-2020, 09:41 PM
We have been waiting for my wife to see a cardiologist, she was supposed to finally go Monday. They called today and told us all 'Non essential' is shut down. I strongly disagreed with the idea it's non essential.

So one of our great AO members and all around great guy has a brother in law who is a cardiologist in Edmonton. We are going to see if we can arrange an appointment there.

Judas Priest. Breaking the Law.

Fingers crossed, or prayers, that we can make it happen.

Whatever I can put out to the universe on behalf of you and your lady is yours bud!!

Who Da Fisherman
03-19-2020, 09:42 PM
This thread is giving me some sort of time lapse, there's 4hrs missing.

Song - Twilight Zone

RavYak
03-19-2020, 09:45 PM

I had 3 appointments coming up in the next couple weeks. I wasn't sure if they had kept the one so phoned in to get a message saying the office is closed and appointments are cancelled indefinitely. Learning that I phoned the other two offices, another one was cancelled and didn't get an answer from the third as they were closed.

Anyone who has upcoming appointments should phone and find out if they are even still occurring, they may not be...

Twisted Canuck
03-19-2020, 09:57 PM
Whatever I can put out to the universe on behalf of you and your lady is yours bud!!

Thanks Bob.

I had 3 appointments coming up in the next couple weeks. I wasn't sure if they had kept the one so phoned in to get a message saying the office is closed and appointments are cancelled indefinitely. Learning that I phoned the other two offices, another one was cancelled and didn't get an answer from the third as they were closed.

Anyone who has upcoming appointments should phone and find out if they are even still occurring, they may not be...

I sympathize. Latest is all 'non emergency' is cancelled, everywhere in AB, until further notice. :(

midgetwaiter
03-19-2020, 10:16 PM
They can do it with a landline.

I’m not a telecom specialist but I have managed a few 300ish line phone systems over the years and I can’t see any way this would work. Unless you have some specific details I’d say that’s incorrect.

Who Da Fisherman
03-19-2020, 10:43 PM
When we see a cougar attacking and killing a deer we just say that's life, the way things work.
Now we have had diseases wipe out people since life on earth, that's life.
All we can do now during this pandemic is help limit our exposure till this passes and carry on.
And in the meantime during this is, do what we can - when we can to help others :)
Trust me my life is in overload at this time but! We can all persevere and keep fighting till we win :fighting0074:
WDF

JD848
03-19-2020, 11:00 PM

No BS ,my wife is home and she has her phone and 2 others for her job and we just shooting the breeze and said it's like the world shut off ,no P///ks on the phone.

Tomorrow the thing will ring of the wall.

Just something to kill time and BS about.

JD

Tactical Lever
03-19-2020, 11:06 PM
R.e.m.: "iteotwawki(aiff)":)

Chewbacca
03-19-2020, 11:12 PM
My work can be done with almost no contact with other people even though I’m around others. The fuel pump and dolly legs are glove time all the time any way. Not allowed in any buildings other than home base. All comms done by radio.
Not really all that bad other than I’m missing out on some of the short walks. The Social distancing thing is kind of strange to me.

One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer. George Thorogood

Buckwheat
03-19-2020, 11:32 PM
I get knocked down, But I get up again - Tubthumping Chumbawamba

fishtank
03-19-2020, 11:40 PM
Possible cure for coronavirus in hydroxychloroquine. ?

JD848
03-19-2020, 11:53 PM
I lots my debit card and had to go to my bank,just standing there talking with my bank manager who was interest where I got the med masks, they gave 2 when I left the hospital.

All of a sudden this ape big enough to eat hay comes right at me and says all you guys are nuts wearing these mask,there is no dam virus,his nerves on his neck were the size of nickels screaming at me.

My bank manager looks at me and he was beat red s'''t scared and I just pull down my mask and said hey jack back off now and just then the manager got his courage up and said stay back 6 feet from everyone or leave.

Told us all to f off and split, the girl ran to door and locked it and they called the police.

I keep looking at this nut job and he is not leaving the parking lot,so I phone my wife and told her there's a 2 pound hammer right on the floor below your feet tuck under the seat,get out and put it buy my wipe,just do it.

I just had mellon surgery and if I get hit it's back to the hospital,
so I get my card and I was leaving this bank come hell or high water,i just got out the door and two cop cars showed up.

My wife said what the heck is going on, I said someone looking for TP who isn't happy.

I had to give my report to cops and left,over a darn debit card.

I didn't see this part ,but my wife did. When he came out of the bank he punch a hole in some ones SUV window and kicked the door panel in,i was parked 75 feet away,but my wife was also scared hoping he didn't come her way.

People have been reading to many media stuff and some may maybe bipolar or on tilt a bit or there crack or meth dealer may be sharing the same pipe for a few weeks and shut down,but you get hit with ball bin hammer in the knees your going down.

I grew up in logging camps and 50 percent were nut jobs out of jail sent up north to do there parole,i had a flash back in the bank from those days only 45 years younger then.

Laughed all the way home on how crazy this is for some,i don't care in your religious belief's, but my faith is rock solid and going belly up or being worried about this or that doesn't help anything.

If you hit rock bottom and lose it all ,you pick your arrs up and keep moving forward.You can't lay there like a fish out of water flopping till death.

Everyone help each other out and pay no attention to the ones who are over worried,over worrying takes your focus away from thinking straight and causes major stress that may do more damage then this virus.just this guy today I could see my wife very upset

Thinks will go bad for millions,so stay strong and you will be ready to go when the smoke clears.

I truly mean this I hope every one is being preventive, after that it's out of our hands.

God bless and cheers to all.Plus don't loose your debit card plus wipe down the end you stick into the machine.

JD

JimmerAB
03-20-2020, 12:13 AM
Back To December - Taylor Swift

1stLand
03-20-2020, 12:52 AM
nm

Passthru
03-20-2020, 06:07 AM
I lots my debit card and had to go to my bank,just standing there talking with my bank manager who was interest where I got the med masks, they gave 2 when I left the hospital.

All of a sudden this ape big enough to eat hay comes right at me and says all you guys are nuts wearing these mask,there is no dam virus,his nerves on his neck were the size of nickels screaming at me.

My bank manager looks at me and he was beat red s'''t scared and I just pull down my mask and said hey jack back off now and just then the manager got his courage up and said stay back 6 feet from everyone or leave.

Told us all to f off and split, the girl ran to door and locked it and they called the police.

I keep looking at this nut job and he is not leaving the parking lot,so I phone my wife and told her there's a 2 pound hammer right on the floor below your feet tuck under the seat,get out and put it buy my wipe,just do it.

I just had mellon surgery and if I get hit it's back to the hospital,
so I get my card and I was leaving this bank come hell or high water,i just got out the door and two cop cars showed up.

My wife said what the heck is going on, I said someone looking for TP who isn't happy.

I had to give my report to cops and left,over a darn debit card.

I didn't see this part ,but my wife did. When he came out of the bank he punch a hole in some ones SUV window and kicked the door panel in,i was parked 75 feet away,but my wife was also scared hoping he didn't come her way.

People have been reading to many media stuff and some may maybe bipolar or on tilt a bit or there crack or meth dealer may be sharing the same pipe for a few weeks and shut down,but you get hit with ball bin hammer in the knees your going down.

I grew up in logging camps and 50 percent were nut jobs out of jail sent up north to do there parole,i had a flash back in the bank from those days only 45 years younger then.

Laughed all the way home on how crazy this is for some,i don't care in your religious belief's, but my faith is rock solid and going belly up or being worried about this or that doesn't help anything.

If you hit rock bottom and lose it all ,you pick your arrs up and keep moving forward.You can't lay there like a fish out of water flopping till death.

Everyone help each other out and pay no attention to the ones who are over worried,over worrying takes your focus away from thinking straight and causes major stress that may do more damage then this virus.just this guy today I could see my wife very upset

Thinks will go bad for millions,so stay strong and you will be ready to go when the smoke clears.

I truly mean this I hope every one is being preventive, after that it's out of our hands.

God bless and cheers to all.Plus don't loose your debit card plus wipe down the end you stick into the machine.

JD

Ya, the people who were on edge to begin with are flying off the deep end. I know for a fact suicides and thefts are spiking in this city with layoffs and uncertainty. People are losing their ****. Glad as a hunter and fisherman we have some very useful skills if it comes to it.

huntinstuff
03-20-2020, 06:26 AM
I set up a little gym/stretch area in our basement

Gonna get everyone participating and making a bit of a game of it.

Lots of texting friends

Rearranging the furnace storage room and garage.

Oil changes in the garage lessons.

There is a lot of useful ideas available to all of us. We (the AO family) are an extremely resourceful lot. We will be ok if we take care of each other in any little way we can.

If you need help, ask. Someone here can make it happen. We are all talented and have value. Share it.

Buckhead
03-20-2020, 06:47 AM
Thank you for sharing your positive attitude with us all.

We must try and stand together in these times.

Believe in the human spirit. Things will get better.

bat119
03-20-2020, 06:49 AM
Beat it -----Micheal Jackson

The biggest problem with graphs is people keep quoting them

ThirtyCal
03-20-2020, 07:22 AM
I'm still working which is nice, I got 12x15 office with only me in it. I wear my half mask all day long when I am not in my office or truck.

I went grocery shopping yesterday, I was the only one wearing a mask and nitrile gloves. Although I didn't wear the mask into the liquor store for obvious reasons lol!

Smoky buck
03-20-2020, 07:46 AM
I just want this to be over I am bored, kids are driving me crazy because they are bored, laid off and just want to start getting life back on track. It’s hard to even start making plans when you don’t know when it’s going to be over :waiting4:

May have to kick my son off the weight set so I don’t become a fat bugger

58thecat
03-20-2020, 07:48 AM
PLEASE READ:

Hey guys. The TV and social media have enough info regarding the spread of this thing. None of us need AO for medical instructions and predictions of casualties. This thread is where you can talk about your personal experiences and how things are going for you.

NO CHARTS, GRAPHS or LINKS relating to this disease. They will be met with an immediate suspension. We all know the feces has hit the fan.

No doomsday talk. That last thread was not mentally healthy for many people.

Just AO guys having a place to connect and talk about their lives, how you are being affected, and more importantly, how you are getting by with your sanity intact.

Hmmmm that didn't last long SNS....got to get the beatin'stick out.....:angry3:

58thecat
03-20-2020, 07:50 AM
I just want this to be over I am bored, kids are driving me crazy because they are bored, laid off and just want to start getting life back on track. It’s hard to even start making plans when you don’t when it’s going to be over :waiting4:

May have to kick my son off the weight set so I don’t become a fat bugger

Yup....small breaky....2hr work out....cleanup....feel good.

Smoky buck
03-20-2020, 08:04 AM
Yup....small breaky....2hr work out....cleanup....feel good.

Painting a batch of lures today and getting two prototypes ready to be molded so making some kind of progress. Delayed people’s test batch till I can add in new designs according to fishing style.

At least there is some sanity and things getting accomplished lol

58thecat
03-20-2020, 08:09 AM
Painting a batch of lures today and getting two prototypes ready to be molded so making some kind of progress. Delayed people’s test batch till I can add in new designs according to fishing style.

At least there is some sanity and things getting accomplished lol

Awesome:sHa_shakeshout:

I slip out for afternoon sits on the ice by myself....well not really cuz I talk to myself and the fish finder that indicates fish but nothing bites:)

Got some new rap jigging lures to try today.....and going to make a new dead stick out of PVC pipe....ran over my other one moving the truck....:(

Smoky buck
03-20-2020, 08:15 AM
Awesome:sHa_shakeshout:

I slip out for afternoon sits on the ice by myself....well not really cuz I talk to myself and the fish finder that indicates fish but nothing bites:)

Got some new rap jigging lures to try today.....and going to make a new dead stick out of PVC pipe....ran over my other one moving the truck....:(

My auger took a crap and I am not a big ice fishermen so not fixing it till fall. Bring on open water season the ice and Covid19 can both disappear already

bobtodrick
03-20-2020, 08:19 AM
Hmmmm that didn't last long SNS....got to get the beatin'stick out.....:angry3:

Am in total agreement with this.
I absolutely did not know we have so many people here who think once they post a graph they have become medical experts.

sns2
03-20-2020, 08:30 AM
Possible cure for coronavirus in hydroxychloroquine. ?Hopefully some of these meds help.

Smoky buck
03-20-2020, 09:18 AM
Grab what you need for essentials ban me if you like but my lawyer who is very well respected has been informed by somebody in the know that we are being place on lockdown tonight or early tomorrow.

Have a safe day

And if you’re wrong you donate all your TP to an AO member in need and self quarantine yourself till this is over :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Sundancefisher
03-20-2020, 09:34 AM
Grab what you need for essentials ban me if you like but my lawyer who is very well respected has been informed by somebody in the know that we are being place on lockdown tonight or early tomorrow.

Have a safe day

Was it this guy?

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2019-09/16/16/asset/06def6ef7d10/sub-buzz-681-1568651073-1.jpg?

Sundancefisher
03-20-2020, 09:37 AM
Hopefully some of these meds help.

Looking very promising with some anti biotic combos.

This virus spreads real easy so this social distancing is good.

sns2
03-20-2020, 09:41 AM
Looking very promising with some anti biotic combos.

This virus spreads real easy so this social distancing is good.

People taking social distancing seriously is the key at this point until drugs are found.

Deezel
03-20-2020, 09:42 AM

Have a safe day
I don't see this as being far fetched. California did it last night.

sns2
03-20-2020, 09:43 AM
I don't see this as being far fetched. California did it last night.

I would be surprised if this didn't happen. Is what it is. They gotta do what they gotta do.

Sundancefisher
03-20-2020, 09:45 AM
I would be surprised if this didn't happen. Is what it is. They gotta do what they gotta do.

Except the guy said panic and buy groceries fast. In California you can get groceries as food is essential.

Buckhead
03-20-2020, 09:49 AM
Who are they gonna lock down here. The parking lots are bare already.
Its still winter. Not very many people loitering around on the beach here.:snapoutofit:

sns2
03-20-2020, 09:53 AM
Its still winter. Not very many people loitering around on the beach here.:snapoutofit:

Exactly.

However, I'm thinking that CA shut down retail businesses deemed non-essential.

Smoky buck
03-20-2020, 09:56 AM

Oh I won’t be surprised if it happens but the time frame he gave is likely off

RavYak
03-20-2020, 10:02 AM
Hearsay is worse than informative and reputable articles and charts. It spreads misinformation, creates panic (post even said to go stock up), and is what incites argumentative/confrontational posts on here.

Lets wait until the government tells us it is time to lock down...

Just saying...

Smoky buck
03-20-2020, 10:04 AM
Hearsay is worse than informative and reputable articles and charts. It spreads misinformation, creates panic (post even said to go stock up), and is what incites argumentative/confrontational posts on here.

Lets wait until the government tells us it is time to lock down...

Just saying...

Completely agree too many freak too easily so waiting for facts before posting stuff like that is best

bobtodrick
03-20-2020, 10:11 AM
Seems to be going the way of the previous thread...without the graphs of course.
The 'a friend of my neighbors wife said'....

Twisted Canuck
03-20-2020, 10:12 AM
Well, I heard from my book keeper, who heard from her hairdresser, who's brother is a janitor at the hospital, who overheard it from a nurse who talked to a well respected doctor, that there may be more days ahead for us to live.

You heard it here first.

MountainTi
03-20-2020, 10:18 AM
Well, I heard from my book keeper, who heard from her hairdresser, who's brother is a janitor at the hospital, who overheard it from a nurse who talked to a well respected doctor, that there may be more days ahead for us to live.

You heard it here first.

Thanks for the heads up :)

buckbrush
03-20-2020, 10:20 AM
Except the guy said panic and buy groceries fast. In California you can get groceries as food is essential.

Even though I am one of the “doomers”. The idea that they would lock people down with out essential services is absurd.

I believe a lock down is coming but everyone will still be able to get food, meds ect. It’s the only way they could do it and expect people to follow it.

I’m not saying that people shouldn’t be prepared but I don’t see any point of hording.

Tronneroi
03-20-2020, 10:25 AM
Its still winter. Not very many people loitering around on the beach here.:snapoutofit:My job site in Calgary has 100 people working here currently. Site across the street has 500 plus guys. Plenty of stuff left to shut down yet. Would be wise to do it sooner than later!

On a positive note, I'll be spending the weekend at the lake breaking clays with wifey for her birthday!

buckbrush
03-20-2020, 10:26 AM
On a positive note, talking with one of the people from our local hospital ER. (Rural, so ER for anything were you can’t make an appointment a month ahead of time)

They have had a HUGE decrease in the people coming in for pointless things.
This has left them with extra manpower to prep and get things ready, just incase.

KGB
03-20-2020, 10:28 AM
They have a lock down in France in Germany already all non essential movement is not permitted. You have to fill out a paper to go places. This is from a person who lives in France.
The island that we were just vacationing on is under France’s protectorate, and they implemented the same things, restrictions on travel. Gendarmes will stop all cars asking where are you going and why. It’s almost like a curfew.

Au revoir, Gopher
03-20-2020, 10:29 AM
Hope I didn't miss any.

April Wine - The Whole Worlds Going Crazy
Aerosmith - Sick as a Dog
Eagles - Love will Keep us Alive
Billy Idol - Dancing with myself
Men Without Hats - Safety Dance
George Thorogood and the Destroyers - I Drink Alone
Various Artists - We are the world
The Foo Fighters - One of these days
The Doors - When the musics over
Don't worry be happy... Bobby Mcferrin
The Doors - People are strange
Pink Floyd - Is There Anybody Out There?
Led Zeppelin - Dazed and Confused
Electric Light Orchestra - Don't bring me down
Celion Dion - All by myself
Billy Curington - People are crazy
Creedence Clearwater Revival - Who will stop the rain
The Doors - The End
Depeche Mode - Enjoy the silence
Depeche Mode - People Are People
Corb Lund - Gettin' down on the Mountain
Garry Lee and Showdown - The rodeo song
The Beatles - We can work it out
Jackie Deshannon - Put a little love in your heart
Billy Swan - I can help
Devo - Whip it
Billy Joel - Allentown
Billy Joel - Pressure
Eric Carmen - All by myself
Barbara Mandrell - Sleeping single in a double bed
The Police - Don't stand so close to me
The Eagles - Get over it
Judas Priest - Breaking the Law
- Twilight Zone Theme
R.E.M. - ITEOTWAWKI
George Thorogood - One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer.
Chumbawamba - Tubthumping
Taylor Swift - Back To December
Micheal Jackson - Beat it

and I will add

Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb
Midnight Oil - Beds Are Burning
Queen - Under Pressure

Fairweather fisher
03-20-2020, 10:34 AM
I will survive. Gloria Gaynor

Sundancefisher
03-20-2020, 10:49 AM
Even though I am one of the “doomers”. The idea that they would lock people down with out essential services is absurd.

I believe a lock down is coming but everyone will still be able to get food, meds ect. It’s the only way they could do it and expect people to follow it.

I’m not saying that people shouldn’t be prepared but I don’t see any point of hording.

At the grocery store this morning. No one is going to starve. Lots of food. Fresh chicken was almost gone...walked down an isle then back past the chicken...restocked and lots left.

Rice, pasta; meat...back on shelves. Toilet paper back on shelves. Some limitations like milk. Eggs coming back to shelves.

So I am officially saying. Stop panicking over food. There is lots.

Biggest fear I would have from a supplier is hoarders are no hiding in basements so need to watch shelf turn over time to know how much to make and bring out.

But yes...food is in groceries stores. May be a few thing ms go quicker than others but restocking is not far behind.

Tfng
03-20-2020, 10:51 AM
Offspring- Neocon.

Somehow this one has become our anthem on trips to the lake. I won’t allow it to be played until we’re within an hour lol. Watching the kids rock out that hard puts a smile on my face every time.

No playlist is complete without a little Bob Marley.

Bob Marley- Could you be loved.

58thecat
03-20-2020, 11:10 AM
People taking social distancing seriously is the key at this point until drugs are found.

Edibles:scared0018:

Bigwoodsman
03-20-2020, 11:11 AM
White Lightning George Jones!

There might be more moonshining going on in the near future!

BW

58thecat
03-20-2020, 11:12 AM
They have a lock down in France in Germany already all non essential movement is not permitted. You have to fill out a paper to go places. This is from a person who lives in France.
The island that we were just vacationing on is under France’s protectorate, and they implemented the same things, restrictions on travel. Gendarmes will stop all cars asking where are you going and why. It’s almost like a curfew.

If we don't take this serious it could be us too.....but I think we got on this early enough to not have to.

nick0danger
03-20-2020, 11:23 AM
On a positive note, talking with one of the people from our local hospital ER. (Rural, so ER for anything were you can’t make an appointment a month ahead of time)

They have had a HUGE decrease in the people coming in for pointless things.
This has left them with extra manpower to prep and get things ready, just incase.

Same in Calgary, which tells me a lot of those people that do go to the ER in the past do not need to go to the ER.

sns2
03-20-2020, 11:36 AM
Edibles:scared0018:Lol

slough shark
03-20-2020, 11:37 AM
Same in Calgary, which tells me a lot of those people that do go to the ER in the past do not need to go to the ER.

This is a great side effect of this, people aren’t tying up emergency with a sniffle or some other silly thing as people are more nervous about getting corona at the hospital than a silly sniffle.

IronNoggin
03-20-2020, 11:51 AM
Just notified: US Consulates to shut down services in Canada as of 23 March (next Monday).

liar
03-20-2020, 11:52 AM
Hope I didn't miss any.

April Wine - The Whole Worlds Going Crazy
Aerosmith - Sick as a Dog
Eagles - Love will Keep us Alive
Billy Idol - Dancing with myself
Men Without Hats - Safety Dance
George Thorogood and the Destroyers - I Drink Alone
Various Artists - We are the world
The Foo Fighters - One of these days
The Doors - When the musics over
Don't worry be happy... Bobby Mcferrin
The Doors - People are strange
Pink Floyd - Is There Anybody Out There?
Led Zeppelin - Dazed and Confused
Electric Light Orchestra - Don't bring me down
Celion Dion - All by myself
Billy Curington - People are crazy
Creedence Clearwater Revival - Who will stop the rain
The Doors - The End
Depeche Mode - Enjoy the silence
Depeche Mode - People Are People
Corb Lund - Gettin' down on the Mountain
Garry Lee and Showdown - The rodeo song
The Beatles - We can work it out
Jackie Deshannon - Put a little love in your heart
Billy Swan - I can help
Devo - Whip it
Billy Joel - Allentown
Billy Joel - Pressure
Eric Carmen - All by myself
Barbara Mandrell - Sleeping single in a double bed
The Police - Don't stand so close to me
The Eagles - Get over it
Judas Priest - Breaking the Law
- Twilight Zone Theme
R.E.M. - ITEOTWAWKI
George Thorogood - One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer.
Chumbawamba - Tubthumping
Taylor Swift - Back To December
Micheal Jackson - Beat it

and I will add

Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb
Midnight Oil - Beds Are Burning
Queen - Under Pressure

nice , thank you

Map Maker
03-20-2020, 11:56 AM
I can’t see a lockdown but if the virus goes exponential again, then we have to.
Most of us are consumer robots, that have to go out and spend money, even if they are sick.
One thing in our favour is that most of us own houses. Chi-Na ( as trump would say it) and European nations are packed like sardines.
Just relax for two weeks, avoid people but stay in contact, and his will go away as quickly as it came.
Rabbit snaring today for me.

bobtodrick
03-20-2020, 12:19 PM
Just stopped by my local wineshop to get ready for a weekend (or longer) cooped up at home.
They had a table set up in front of the door so no one could enter. They ask what you want and bring it out to you. Put it on the table, you tap your card and away you go...quite ingenious in my mind.

buckbrush
03-20-2020, 12:22 PM
Just stopped by my local wineshop to get ready for a weekend (or longer) cooped up at home.
They had a table set up in front of the door so no one could enter. They ask what you want and bring it out to you. Put it on the table, you tap your card and away you go...quite ingenious in my mind.

That is a good idea. I could see this happening with more stores.

bobtodrick
03-20-2020, 01:22 PM
I just dropped my dog at the vet and she went in the side door and I talked to the Dr over the phone. Worked perfectly. Went down the street to an insurance agent and did the exact same thing to get my motorcycle on the road. Again it was easy and no face to face.
When this is over there will be many everyday changes that will not go back to the way they were before.

I think this will change how a lot of business is done.
They've been saying for years that lots of people can work from home, but a lot of business haven't implemented it soley because people don't like change in my opinion.
This is going to prove that certain jobs can be done effectively at home cutting the costs of needing office space and such.

Kurt505
03-20-2020, 01:38 PM
I found a field yesterday that had over 60 deer in it! I’ll be putting on a few miles this weekend looking for sheds :)

I got enough essentials to last me a while out at the cabin. Folks out here seem to be heeding the advice of the medical professionals, life is close to normal out here still which is good to see.

The one thing that’s come out of this that I never would have expected is that for the first time in my life I’m actually interested in what trudeau has to say!!!???

jungleboy
03-20-2020, 01:50 PM
The one thing that’s come out of this that I never would have expected is that for the first time in my life I’m actually interested in what trudeau has to say!!!???

That could be because this is the closest he has ever gotten to acting like a PM.

Kurt505
03-20-2020, 01:56 PM
That could be because this is the closest he has ever gotten to acting like a PM.

I’m positive Freeland is writing all his morning speeches.

bat119
03-20-2020, 01:57 PM
It could be worse
My niece is a teacher at a mission school in Rwanda as of yesterday there are no more flights out, the village has been sequestered by the military nobody in or out nobody knows for how long.
She had a flight two days ago but she was turned back before the bus got to the airport.

Jim Blake
03-20-2020, 01:57 PM

Or Butts...on a special contract.

skain11
03-20-2020, 02:01 PM
Like the Readers Digest( remember them?) says...laughter has always been the best medicine, or at the very least a misdirection from the stress

From a sunny St Albert Friday afternoon…

“Some parents will now discover the teachers are not the problem”

Home schooling report:

“2 students suspended first day, teacher caught drinking on the job”

I hope those idiots who are stock piling toilet paper are also stock piling condoms so they cannot reproduce.

Stay safe and calm where possible…I have even forgot about pro sports , ice fishing tomorrow for some real isolation

Tungsten,
03-20-2020, 02:07 PM
Im in Calgary from what I saw this am was not many taking this seriously,city will close up like new york.Sad but its inevitable.People dont understand social distancing.

bat119
03-20-2020, 02:10 PM
We are in trouble because we chose to not follow good advice that was being handed to us on a plate. 3rd world countries (such as Rwanda) will not have had any of that advantage, and they have almost a zero safety net on a good day. Those areas will resemble the conditions of 1918.

The decision was made that people in the outlying ares with no positive cases are better off staying where they are hopefully that thinking works out.

WayneChristie
03-20-2020, 02:20 PM
had to hit Brooks for groceries and supplies this morning, I think between W@llyworld Crappy Tire and the Coop I maybe saw 20 shoppers. pretty easy to keep your distance. lots of groceries but short a few things like white suger and anything but spaghetti dry pasta. all tastes the same. no jars of sauce either. Coop is shut down tomorrow peoplewise my song? Closer! https://youtu.be/ccY25Cb3im0

ThirtyCal
03-20-2020, 02:27 PM
Like the Readers Digest( remember them?) says...laughter has always been the best medicine, or at the very least a misdirection from the stress

From a sunny St Albert Friday afternoon…

“Some parents will now discover the teachers are not the problem”

Home schooling report:

“2 students suspended first day, teacher caught drinking on the job”

I hope those idiots who are stock piling toilet paper are also stock piling condoms so they cannot reproduce.

Stay safe and calm where possible…I have even forgot about pro sports , ice fishing tomorrow for some real isolation

Ain't that the truth. My cousin and her 3 year old are self isolating, her kid's screen time is up like 1000% and eating chocolate pudding for breakfast. Meanwhile our friend and her 3 year old are baking, reading, counting, basically nothing that involves a screen.

fishtank
03-20-2020, 02:36 PM
chinas report of a vaccine out, its being tested in wuhan .

Hadji Ramjet
03-20-2020, 02:58 PM

And they'll be selling fakes in the markets & online by tomorrow morning...:)

beerhunter
03-20-2020, 03:20 PM
Spreading the Disease - Queensryche

Trochu
03-20-2020, 03:33 PM

That's awfully convenient.

Mr Flyguy
03-20-2020, 03:34 PM
I washed my hands in muddy water...Johnny River

Au revoir, Gopher
03-20-2020, 03:58 PM
Joe Cocker - With a little help from my friends

ARG

sns2
03-20-2020, 04:11 PM
I found a field yesterday that had over 60 deer in it! I’ll be putting on a few miles this weekend looking for sheds :)

I got enough essentials to last me a while out at the cabin. Folks out here seem to be heeding the advice of the medical professionals, life is close to normal out here still which is good to see.

Snap out of it, Kurt! If anyone knows the gps coordinates of Kurt's cabin please call an ambulance. Kurt if you can read this, please hang on. Your wife doesn't really need you, cuz your life insurance is likely topped up, but the boys still do. AO, this post says that Kurt is in a bad way and needs immediate medical assistance:) LOL

PS: PM or text me the RR and TWSHP #s of that field. Judging by your last post you may not have the chance to ever hunt it!

IAMhunt
03-20-2020, 04:25 PM

NO, it's Trudums' kids writing his speachs, they are at home from school as others, , ,

Don K
03-20-2020, 04:29 PM
Trying to laugh and think of better days ahead!!
Inevitably life will get back to ‘normal’!

Zip
03-20-2020, 04:30 PM
“It’s only make believe”... Conway Twitty

Smoky buck
03-20-2020, 04:34 PM
Motionless in white “loud” it will wake you up and put a big smile on your face :happy0034:

traderal
03-20-2020, 04:35 PM
Both wife and myself have pre-existing medical conditions for an easy target for the virus. We have been isolating for two weeks now with only me going in for mail and a few needed food items, no more than one hour in town.
I can see a tank of gas lasting a long time, might be able to sell carbon credits. We are fortunate to still be on the farm even though I had entertained thoughts in past years to sell and go full time RV’ing, or retire in Ecuador or Peru (seems stupid now, yes). We have six big goofy dogs to entertain us and lots of space for walks. I have a list of vehicle and equipment repairs I can do, or nail 2x4’s and plywood together, in between watching some old westerns. Really clears the mind getting out into the sunshine and outdoors. For real excitement I take a white knuckle, death defying ride on the ‘ol 66 Snow Cruiser. A moose has taken up residence in a bush next to our yard and occasionally comes to visit our (fenced in) dogs at night, he’s probably looking for a safe place. Hopefully warm weather appears soon. Unless a vaccine shows up soon, we are mentally preparing for a long isolation period plus the aftermath of economic disruptions. One day at a time.
At this point I am glad Kenney and his team are in charge and a plus into bringing Harper on board.

IAMhunt
03-20-2020, 04:37 PM
“It’s only make believe”... Conway Twitty

Ah yes, Conway Twang , on AM radio in the old Fargo truck,

Kinda like a duet performed by "squeaky brake drums" and Rita McNeil

^v^Tinda wolf^v^
03-20-2020, 04:51 PM
I was just reading a couple pages back about the virus getting into your home through the fresh air intake. I think the chances are very slim like noted but it is still possible and especially if you have an in line humidifier like I do. The intake for the humidifier is before the furnace filter allowing junk to get in. What if your neighbor or someone walking a dog and sneezes just the right way. They are saying when an infected person sneezes those particles in the vapour can live for three hours.

I don’t think my thought here was a doomsday scenario as per sns request but who really wants to risk the odds? Especially if you live on a corner with heavy foot traffic. I closed mine up anyways...:thinking-006:

Zip
03-20-2020, 05:23 PM
Ah yes, Conway Twang , on AM radio in the old Fargo truck,

Kinda like a duet performed by "squeaky brake drums" and Rita McNeil

Hahahahaha.. you hit it square on!
Lol

bloopbloob
03-20-2020, 06:10 PM
Got my test done today. Not what I was expecting. One of the least fun things I've ever signed up for voluntarily.

KGB
03-20-2020, 06:18 PM
Care to explain?

Smoky buck
03-20-2020, 06:21 PM
Got my test done today. Not what I was expecting. One of the least fun things I've ever signed up for voluntarily.

3 fingers instead of one? :scared0018:

Pathfinder76
03-20-2020, 06:22 PM
They swab your optic nerve via your nose.

Tactical Lever
03-20-2020, 06:23 PM

A couple days ago the feds still didn't have rules in place for screening flight passengers coming in from other countries, and the Roxham Rd. border crossing is still letting people walk over from the States claiming "refugee status"... The Whitehouse had to contact Trudeau a while ago to take care of the Canadians on one of the U.S. cruise ships.

Provincially we had screening put into place when Kenney observed no checks in an international airport.

I seriously doubt I'll ever be impressed by his dithering, and stammering over simple controls. I offer another song that addresses our situation in a way.

Grouplove: "Ways to Go"

buckbrush
03-20-2020, 06:35 PM

Not sure who has been testing you for Covid19 but you might want to check their credentials...

MountainTi
03-20-2020, 06:38 PM
Not sure who has been testing you for Covid19 but you might want to check their credentials...

HalfBreed
03-20-2020, 06:38 PM

Three fingers sounds better than a hand on either shoulder.:sHa_sarcasticlol:

MountainTi
03-20-2020, 06:39 PM
They swab your optic nerve via your nose.

That's pretty much what coworkers wife said. Most unpleasant. Standing out in a parking lot to boot

bloopbloob
03-20-2020, 06:48 PM

Classy. And this is one of the reasons why I'm not sharing info anymore. A few here have my info, or pm me, but Inbox is always close to full.

bat119
03-20-2020, 06:50 PM
Saskatchewan alert came on my phone

Manditory self-isolation mandatory for all travelers
Police will now have the power to enforce public health and emergency orders to control the spread of COVID-19, including through arrests and heavy fines, as Premier Scott Moe turns “the full weight of the law” against the pandemic.

Effective immediately, all persons that have traveled internationally must go into mandatory self-isolation for 14 days from date of arrival back into Canada including those returning from the USA.

Jigsalot
03-20-2020, 06:54 PM

How you feeling bloop. Hope it’s better. I spent my day in isolation on long lake. Great to get away from all the crap. I just turned the news on and it’s all bad. Lol. Should of stayed there. It was so peaceful

Smoky buck
03-20-2020, 07:00 PM

She said she was a dr honest :thinking-006:

Smoky buck
03-20-2020, 07:03 PM
Classy. And this is one of the reasons why I'm not sharing info anymore. A few here have my info, or pm me, but Inbox is always close to full.

Ok note to self you can’t take a joke I was not expecting you to be so offended.

I won’t bother you in the future

JD848
03-20-2020, 07:04 PM

I think he seen DR POLS the vet.

JD

Map Maker
03-20-2020, 07:06 PM

Lol

Q-tips up the nose?

BlackHeart
03-20-2020, 07:16 PM

Hope its just a cold and you're over it fast.
We had a little head start at work and home on the issues coming our way from the other thread....not that it was all heeded at work.

NOW. In the spirit of this new thread by SNS2 on "sunny ways"........

I've been working from home and may not ever want to go back to the old ways.
Been thinking about silver-linings in that regard.
We have been able to prove that it is very possible to work from home for many of us. Took a bit to get everything set up and working.....and the push to making the investment in the additional tech, but it sure did happen fast.

In many cases it has made us have to be more effective and efficient. It will also cause the "don't know why we have to do it, but keep doing it anyway" tasks to fall by the wayside as we all knew they were not necessary or didnt really added anything of value. But tradition or routine kept them going. So I predict businesses and roles will be more efficient coming out of this.

Second thing is how many of us now will remain working from home and/or fight to keep doing so. There is no longer any excuses why you need to be watched or kept an eye on. And the tech is already there to weed out the 10% jerk factor that would abuse it. It has always been the jerk factor that has given those in charge the excuse to deny work from home for the rest of us. Plus going forward, those that had to work from home, in many cases are in critical roles....no business is going to risk losing these people by enforcing a "must work in office" rule. This sure has cleared out the last bits of resistance to the concept. I plan to not go back.

Interesting thing about meeting now.....much more effective and no more chit chat about non-relevant issues or hockey.....and no more lagging and waiting for the 10minutes behind or caught in traffic or "had an important phone call" (I'm so important-now you know) individuals.......teleconference starts on time and its straight to issues.

If you believe in global warming or not, there is a few positives that may come from all of this as well. Think about all the gas that is not been spent on commuting. Roads are not congested, so less time sitting in line or stop and go. The reduction in just the commuting carbon is huge. And might stay down if we stay working from home. Yes there will be still those that must commute to work, but if a % is off the road due to working from home, its less traffic for your commute.

That also means less time and fuel $$ wasted for everyone. For those that work from home, less wear and tear on our vehicles, longer between oil and tire changes and of course the savings on fuel.....those costs have always been for most of us in after-tax dollars....so that can be a lot of coin in the pocket after a year.

Parking rates (especially downtown) will decrease. Less demand. Those that still commute will win here big time...again after-tax dollars.

The changes that are happening in this regard should not be given up once this all clears.

JD848
03-20-2020, 07:16 PM

Besides a few just joken around meaning no harm, how is your lungs and health doing?

JD

Kurt505
03-20-2020, 08:28 PM
Snap out of it, Kurt! If anyone knows the gps coordinates of Kurt's cabin please call an ambulance. Kurt if you can read this, please hang on. Your wife doesn't really need you, cuz your life insurance is likely topped up, but the boys still do. AO, this post says that Kurt is in a bad way and needs immediate medical assistance:) LOL

PS: PM or text me the RR and TWSHP #s of that field. Judging by your last post you may not have the chance to ever hunt it!

Walked for hours, never found any sheds. Blew the front caliper on my truck. Might be at the cabin for longer than expected. I’m not a mechanic, wife might not be too happy :sHa_shakeshout:

ThirtyCal
03-20-2020, 08:49 PM

You don't have to post in here ya know..

bessiedog
03-20-2020, 08:55 PM

Another banned camp returnee.......

Take the hint bub.... go away

ronkaren
03-20-2020, 08:57 PM
Just wondering if anyone knows where to buy those gloves. I couldn’t find any

safety supply store, UFA, CT, walmart all had them. could easily been sold out though.

Zip
03-20-2020, 09:01 PM

Might be a good idea if You listened to the advice you are so eager to push on others, just sayin, I’m sure you will catch on.