PDA

View Full Version : Hmmmm ?

jts1
07-26-2009, 09:18 PM
Well i think I am going to hit someplace for the day tomorrow. How far is pickle jar for a hike ? There are a few small lakes of the upper K as well aint there ? Any info was going to hit chin but thats a long drive just for the day. But was told I would get some big Eyes and Pike out of it.... Not sure where to go :mad2:

Denadii Cho
07-27-2009, 09:00 AM
Well i think I am going to hit someplace for the day tomorrow. How far is pickle jar for a hike ? There are a few small lakes of the upper K as well aint there ? Any info was going to hit chin but thats a long drive just for the day. But was told I would get some big Eyes and Pike out of it.... Not sure where to go :mad2:

If I remember correctly Picklejar would be about a three mile hike. Fabulous scenery to watch as you go. I understand that the fishing is great too. :)

bigmac
07-27-2009, 11:38 AM
I went to pickle jar this weekend. It was just over 4 km on the gps. The fishing was non-stop with the fly rod. Must have caught well over a hundred between the 5 of us. We fished the first lake and the third lake with similar success. Found a few big enough to eat out of the lower lake. Sunday we fished rawson with limited success. Tried every fly in the box and only managed 3 smaller fish. Oh well still a nice hike. Good luck if you go out.