PDA

View Full Version : Time to fill up the boat

-JR-
03-22-2020, 09:46 AM
For those that have large fuel tanks ,I think its a good time to go fill them up if they have been empty all winter.
I don't think the price will be 61 cent come may long week end !

barbless
03-22-2020, 10:26 AM
Can't get boat out of my yard. Too much snow on top and all around it and it is double covered. Would like to do the same with motorhome. Maybe next weekend. Probably not it's gonna snow again :angry3:

Savage Bacon
03-22-2020, 06:15 PM
If you guys do stock up maybe run a bit of fuel stabilizer through your toys. Don't want to have a hard time starting when you're getting ready to go play.

Smoky buck
03-22-2020, 06:43 PM
Can’t even get the boat out of the shop

HuyFishin
03-22-2020, 07:49 PM
i wonder if fuel is gonna keep going down with the economy. i'm talking about 55 cent fuel and 20 cent cheeseburgers.

kilgoretrout
03-22-2020, 08:23 PM
Thanks for the post although I think I will wait till the end of April but will monitor the price till then..... with this social distancing thing going on :shark: I likely won't need gas for the truck till then....... and fill up both boats and the truck at that time

barbless
03-22-2020, 09:24 PM
YA I got two engines to feed for the boat, one for the truck and one for the motor home. Generator don't take much or lawn mower. Question is do you buy fuel stabilizer for your jerry cans and boat tank and motor home or wait and pay the price. Premium only in my boat. Try to stay away from ethanol always for outboard

fordtruckin
03-23-2020, 08:29 AM
I generally store my boat for work with a full tank and put stabil in it. The 3 years I’ve been assigned this boat I haven’t had any issues. First trip of the year I just try and burn most of it up. Some will probably disagree with that method but I usually store everything over winter with a full tank. Atv dirt bike generator etc.. get the fuel cut off turned and I drain the carbs. Same goes during the summer with my snowblower. The only thing I don’t mess with is my chainsaw and weed whacker as I run 75$/5 gallon pre mix race fuel in those.

Coiloil37
03-23-2020, 02:42 PM
I had my deckhand fill my boat for me yesterday. I filled it the day before when I took the family out. If the wind follows the forecast I’ll fill it again Thursday.

Far more fun self isolating and emptying the boat though. It’s nice never having to pack the boat away for winter.