PDA

View Full Version : Part found

Freddy#27
03-22-2020, 12:02 PM
All
I was ice fishing on lac st Anne a couple of weeks ago and found this part.if you think it’s yours let me know and we can figure away out to get it back to you.

dennis wood
03-22-2020, 12:59 PM
What is it I found one also

Tfng
03-22-2020, 01:09 PM
If it was flipped over would it not be a clamp? That hole in the middle combined with the teeth on it makes me think that.

lilsundance
03-22-2020, 01:14 PM
Looks like a wheel chock that comes with the jack in vehicles. I have two in my truck similar to that.

Donkey Slayer
03-22-2020, 01:16 PM
To me, it looks like, maybe, the piece that fits over a vehicle jack and rods to hold everything in place. the piece is then held in place with a wing nut.

bat119
03-22-2020, 01:35 PM
Looks like a wheel chock that comes with the jack in vehicles. I have two in my truck similar to that.

Winner winner !

I have the same

liar
03-22-2020, 03:55 PM
To me, it looks like, maybe, the piece that fits over a vehicle jack and rods to hold everything in place. the piece is then held in place with a wing nut.

your correct it all ties down with the jack but it is intended to be used as a wheel chock when you use the jack to keep the vehicle from rolling .

Grizzly Adams
03-22-2020, 05:42 PM
your correct it all ties down with the jack but it is intended to be used as a wheel chock when you use the jack to keep the vehicle from rolling .

The kind of thing you easily forget and don't notice missing till the next time you need it.

Grizz

Phil
03-22-2020, 10:42 PM
In addition to being used as a wheel chock it is also used as a platform for your jack when paired with its partner to use to lift the spare tire and manually release the lock.

If you don't regularly check the mechanism on your spare tire (Chev 1/2 tons)
you frequently find it won't release to come down when you need it. The wheel chocks allow the jack to be raised high enough to release the tire manually.

Phil

liar
03-23-2020, 08:29 AM
In addition to being used as a wheel chock it is also used as a platform for your jack when paired with its partner to use to lift the spare tire and manually release the lock.

you frequently find it won't release to come down when you need it. The wheel chocks allow the jack to be raised high enough to release the tire manually.

Phil

good to know

kidd
03-24-2020, 02:37 PM

Phil

I wish I had know that before! Thanks for that info.
kidd