PDA

View Full Version : Decrease in rcmp patrols

mrcrossbow
03-22-2020, 05:36 PM
I live fairly rural and have noticed a noticeable decrease in the RCMP that used to drive by, ( x2 a day average) haven't seen them once In over 4 days, and as it's a weekend, there is most of the time a few that fly by with lights on few times a day, along with last week and this week end the normal place that there is a speed trap, there hasn't been any highway sheriffs, odd to say the lest.
Any one else notice this???

Just find it odd and was wondering if it just me noticing this..

Grizzly Adams
03-22-2020, 05:41 PM
Cluny, eh ? LOL Hardly ever see a cop car go by here and when it does, usually has a reason.

Grizz

buckbrush
03-22-2020, 05:42 PM
Not sure how rural of an area you're in but that's a pretty good patrol rate.

Its been about 8 years since we had a cop drive by our place and that was only because we called (we called because a guy rolled his truck by my place, he sat at my place for 2 hours before they arrived)

We are pretty much on our own out here. Good and vigilant neighbors though. We can't have a strange vehicle in the area without getting a call.

ghostguy6
03-22-2020, 05:47 PM
I suspect they may be doing the same thing some healthcare professionals are doing. They are being given time off to rest before it really hits the fan. With everyone isolating there likely is less crime. With everyone home the amount of break ins had dropped to almost nothing. Traffic accidents are at a minimum. I live close to the fire station and I have not heard a fire truck leave the station in almost a week. It used to be several calls a day. Ambulances are still leaving but even they seem to be getting less calls. I'm thinking this is because of the greatly reduced traffic.

I went for a bit of a drive in town today. I must have seen at least 8 police vehicles on the road in a 5 km drive. This does not include the Tim Horton's parking lot. Yesterday I did see two of the speed enforcement trucks parked along the Whitemud.

mrcrossbow
03-22-2020, 05:50 PM
Lol yes Cluny. But I'm on other side the tracks. The interesting side with a very interesting community down the road (3 km), just odd the lack rcmp per the norm.

Ken07AOVette
03-22-2020, 06:37 PM
I hope they pick up soon, a neighbor had all their gas tanks hoses cut off and tanks drained, and another neighbor just had his truck stolen from out front of his house.

guywiththemule
03-22-2020, 07:03 PM
Yep ,seen that too on a trip from Calgary to Sundre yesterday . 90% percent of vehicles were traveling at 130-140 km on Hwy 2 .:thinking-006:

liar
03-22-2020, 07:35 PM
2 per day? nice . i'm 20 minutes out and maybe see one every three years . i dont know if the crime rate has risen out here . havent seen anyone since last wed.

we did see a dozen geese on the lake today, they did not look happy .

roper1
03-22-2020, 08:04 PM
Gleichen detachment used to have some good times with confiscated beer. Hard stuff was dumped.

Was on the roads some last few days, saw County boys, Sheriffs, RC marked, & ghost cars everywhere.

Jack Hardin
03-22-2020, 08:55 PM
The last time the RCMP went past our place was.........I can't remember when.

58thecat
03-23-2020, 07:53 AM
Well even the thugs are nervous cuz everyone is home and very protective....come to my door I will talk through the glass keeping my hands below your line of sight.....so that's the reason RCMP patrols are low plus they are no different than any other work force...minimize contact with others unless necessary....

Reeves1
03-23-2020, 08:03 AM
How to get out of speeding tickets.....

https://i.imgur.com/of6DF8H.jpg

WV911
03-23-2020, 07:35 PM
Its not stopping photo radar in Calgary.

I saw that black ford photo truck on Highway 2 by the airport.

Bad enough they hide it under bridges but it was about 100 yds past where it changes from 110 to 100.

I thought they weren't supposed to do that. DB's

58thecat
03-24-2020, 07:52 AM
slowwwwww downnnnnn…..:sign0161:

elkhunter11
03-24-2020, 08:04 AM
Well even the thugs are nervous cuz everyone is home and very protective....come to my door I will talk through the glass keeping my hands below your line of sight.....so that's the reason RCMP patrols are low plus they are no different than any other work force...minimize contact with others unless necessary....

And yet a friend witnessed the EPS running a speed trap in Edmonton yesterday, officers leaning in the windows of vehicles, because the revenue is more important than the risk of spreading the virus.

fishinhogdaddy
03-24-2020, 08:18 AM
I suspect they may be doing the same thing some healthcare professionals are doing. They are being given time off to rest before it really hits the fan. With everyone isolating there likely is less crime. With everyone home the amount of break ins had dropped to almost nothing. Traffic accidents are at a minimum. I live close to the fire station and I have not heard a fire truck leave the station in almost a week. It used to be several calls a day. Ambulances are still leaving but even they seem to be getting less calls. I'm thinking this is because of the greatly reduced traffic.

I went for a bit of a drive in town today. I must have seen at least 8 police vehicles on the road in a 5 km drive. This does not include the Tim Horton's parking lot. Yesterday I did see two of the speed enforcement trucks parked along the Whitemud.

I'd sure like to know who at AHS is getting time off to rest! ANY able bodied AHS employee is being re-deployed to work phones, working front-line or in the case of Administration, working from home NOT STAYING HOME TO REST!
Holy Cow man!
Talk about being "out of touch with reality"!!
DONE.
FHD

58thecat
03-24-2020, 08:22 AM
And yet a friend witnessed the EPS running a speed trap in Edmonton yesterday, officers leaning in the windows of vehicles, because the revenue is more important than the risk of spreading the virus.

like a fishing story...pics please....:sHa_sarcasticlol:

elkhunter11
03-24-2020, 08:29 AM

Ad if the friend posted pictures, you would accuse him of using pictures taken before the crisis.:)

58thecat
03-24-2020, 08:32 AM
Ad if the friend posted pictures, you would accuse him of using pictures taken before the crisis.:)

We have a crisis....:scared0015:

Some call it forced early retirement...

Dam I gotta get off Netflix...

ghostguy6
03-24-2020, 10:50 AM
I'd sure like to know who at AHS is getting time off to rest! ANY able bodied AHS employee is being re-deployed to work phones, working front-line or in the case of Administration, working from home NOT STAYING HOME TO REST!
Holy Cow man!
Talk about being "out of touch with reality"!!
DONE.
FHD

Im friends with a nurse who works in the ICU, right now they are at minimal staff because there are no cases of the virus at her hospital yet. Her shifts have been changed to allow as much rest as possible because they know she will be very busy in the future. She can not work from home. Her husband a doctor who works at a different hospital is now on call only for the time being.

Please dont tell me Im out of touch with reality.

tirebob
03-24-2020, 10:53 AM
Opposite for me... Ihave seen RCMP pass my house maybe twice in the past 3 years and I have seen them now 3 times in the last few days. lol

fishinhogdaddy
03-24-2020, 12:49 PM
Im friends with a nurse who works in the ICU, right now they are at minimal staff because there are no cases of the virus at her hospital yet. Her shifts have been changed to allow as much rest as possible because they know she will be very busy in the future. She can not work from home. Her husband a doctor who works at a different hospital is now on call only for the time being.

Please dont tell me Im out of touch with reality.

Well Sir, while very few people in AHS may not be working due to their own situation or illness of their own, quite a large number of people are working at jobs that they have been reassigned to or working through their weekends to provide care for our most at need. It's very misleading to make a blanket statement insinuating that Healthcare workers (or Police) are "resting" up. That may be the case for your two friends but it is NOT REALITY, outside of their situation but an exception in what I and my co-workers see and are experiencing daily. It's "all hands on deck". Some haven't had a day off in quite awhile and like me, are working hard, on edge because of this scourge and concerned the message STAY AT HOME isn't getting through to some.
My hope is that IF you happen to get ill or require Law Enforcement, that they aren't "resting" and you are provided the immediate treatment/assistance you may require and rightfully deserve.

So, I apologize. You may not be out of touch of reality.
Just not well enough informed and made an unfortunate blanket statement which I obviously didn't agree with.
FHD

dodger
03-24-2020, 01:33 PM
Are there less fish cops around?? Asking for a friend 😉

Dodger.

Puma
03-24-2020, 06:58 PM
elkhunter11 View Post

Pictures available in about ten days, depending on the mail...

sewerrat
03-24-2020, 08:57 PM
This what EPS is doing.

As concern grows over community spread of COVID-19, the Edmonton Police Service is changing the way it does business when it comes to traffic stops.

Officers will now be required to photograph licences and registrations during traffic stops to minimize handling. EPS said photos will be deleted after each interaction.

With physical distancing more important than ever as COVID-19 cases in Alberta rise, one Edmontonian says his experience in a recent police interaction was surprising.

elkhunter11
03-24-2020, 08:59 PM
elkhunter11 View Post

Pictures available in about ten days, depending on the mail...

This wasn't photo radar, it was a speed trap, where the suspects were pulled over and issued violations.

Smokinyotes
03-24-2020, 09:01 PM
Prior to the pandemic there would be two peace officer vehicles daily sitting on the range road just west of my place. For the last 10 days I haven’t noticed any.

HyperMOA
03-24-2020, 10:11 PM
This wasn't photo radar, it was a speed trap, where the suspects were pulled over and issued violations.

I was telling the wife the same. I told her the city must be building up the coffers. I have personally observed 3 separate speed traps over the last 2 days. I assume they are speed traps, they could be distracted driving traps for all I know; I wasn’t pulled over. The latest was on the west end northbound on the henday about 4PMish. 3 ghost cars. F150, explorer, and Tahoe.

However I believe the henday is provincial so that may have been sherrifs or RCMP not the EPS I indicated earlier.

I’ve also seen more EPS patrol cars randomly this week than I think I see in a month. I also have been on the road about a quarter the amount I normally would be.