PDA

View Full Version : buffalo lake this weekend?

npauls
07-26-2009, 10:33 PM
I am going to be out at buffalo lake northeast of red deer. I am just wondering if anyone can give me any hints for getting some fish from there. Also is it only pike in there? I read the regs and noticed it said pike and burbot. Just wondering if there is anything else in there to target. Any info on that lake would be greatly appreciated. I have never been fishing around that area and have no idea what to expect or to take.

Thanks,

Nate

nicemustang
07-27-2009, 09:43 AM
Mainly pike in that lake as far as I know. My neighbour has a cabin there, never fished it myself. He says there are lots of pike, big ones too. I guess the bay just west of Pelican point is the place to go. It's fairly shallow I think as well, so trolling cranks or spoons should be the ticket. There is a place called the narrows that is supposed to be good too, just west of the secondary bay.

npauls
07-27-2009, 05:16 PM
Thanks for the info. I will only have my little aluminum due to a big hole in the fiberglass of my big boat that i just found this past weekend. I will be right by pelican point so I should be able to get to that bay with no problems. I will take all my gear and see what I can find.

Nate