PDA

View Full Version : Another catalytic theft

Sooner
03-25-2020, 12:04 PM
Well woke up to find scum had cut out my converter on my 04 F250, V10. Not as huge a hit as the diesel trucks but still gonna cost me to put in a resonator and piece of pipe. It's the oil leak under the truck that concerns me. That's my after work detective job. And no coverage, for some reason all my stuff has comp coverage except my truck. Ugggh.

From the tracks in the snow that i followed with my car, 2 guys were scoping the hood last night.

FYI: Edmonton, Ottewell neighborhood. If your in this hood or neighboring ones, check your stuff.

I wish the scrap yards would not accept them, stop this theft dead in it's tracks.

jpg.gif Cat theft 1.jpg (43.2 KB)
jpg.gif Cat theft 2.jpg (46.9 KB)

Zip
03-25-2020, 12:22 PM
Well woke up to find scum had cut out my converter on my 04 F250, V10. Not as huge a hit as the diesel trucks but still gonna cost me to put in a resonator and piece of pipe. It's the oil leak under the truck that concerns me. That's my after work detective job. And no coverage, for some reason all my stuff has comp coverage except my truck. Ugggh.

From the tracks in the snow that i followed with my car, 2 guys were scoping the hood last night.

FYI: Edmonton, Ottewell neighborhood. If your in this hood or neighboring ones, check your stuff.

I wish the scrap yards would not accept them, stop this theft dead in it's tracks.

jpg.gif Cat theft 1.jpg (43.2 KB)
jpg.gif Cat theft 2.jpg (46.9 KB)

Sorry to hear this, i wish the scum who steal from others would face stiffer penalties as this is going to get worse I think..
Zip

walker1
03-25-2020, 01:54 PM
The assclowns got my buddys in SW Calgary a few weeks ago.
I have thieves as the second lowest scum behind child molesters.

RandyBoBandy
03-25-2020, 02:10 PM
The price of cat's (removed) has plummeted since the stock market crash. You are only going to get HALF from what you got 6 weeks ago. You should have to PROVE that you purchased a "cat" in order to bring one in.

Sooner
03-25-2020, 02:13 PM
The price of cat's (removed) has plummeted since the stock market crash. You are only going to get HALF from what you got 6 weeks ago. You should have to PROVE that you purchased a "cat" in order to bring one in.

I have friends with company trucks who have lost a few. Scrap yards should do like pawn shops when the scum come in trying to sell them. Copy of their id and a photo of the goof for the file.

Scrap yards are just as much to blame if they keep buying stuff they know is stolen.

Ken07AOVette
03-25-2020, 02:24 PM
I report every one I see on facebook. Scumbags know exactly what they are doing

calgarychef
03-25-2020, 03:16 PM
I report every one I see on facebook. Scumbags know exactly what they are doing

The cops could easily find a lot of scumbag thieves on FB. It seems they don’t want to. “Lack of time” ain’t an actual excuse.

does it ALL outdoors
03-25-2020, 04:51 PM
Scrap yards are just as much to blame if they keep buying stuff they know is stolen.

Agree, but weren't there a few people on social media offering cash for them?

Not sure who's buying them but that's who they have to go after.

No buyer, no market, no problem.

Justfishin73
03-25-2020, 06:45 PM
Just fyi, have dealt with scrap guys for decades, crooked as the day is long (the ones where you are working from home with your kids)