PDA

View Full Version : Fishin Hole NOT an Essential Service???

Drewski Canuck
03-25-2020, 08:46 PM
Was at the South Side Fishin Hole this afternoon.

Randy and Verna tell me that starting tomorrow they are closed for a month!!!

I asked them if sales are slow and they tell me sales have been great, but a Government directive has them closing for a month as they are NOT an Essential Service???

Really?

With a bunch of guys sitting on the couch with no sports, and no work, how could the Fishin Hole NOT be essential?

If you ask the wives if they want the guys sitting at home getting under their skin, or going out fishing, they will tell you it is an essential service!

Needless to say, I stocked up on enough bait to get through to March 31 at least.

Let the Bait Hoarding begin!

As my son has said, why can't the Chinese be satisfied with a simple Grilled Cheeze!!!

Drewski

Smoky buck
03-25-2020, 08:52 PM
This is when it pays to be a lure maker :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Scary part is one of my material suppliers is already closed to Covid19 :sad0020:

CNP
03-25-2020, 09:00 PM

I asked them if sales are slow and they tell me sales have been great, but a Government directive has them closing for a month as they are NOT an Essential Service???

Really?

With a bunch of guys sitting on the couch with no sports, and no work, how could the Fishin Hole NOT be essential?

If you ask the wives if they want the guys sitting at home getting under their skin, or going out fishing, they will tell you it is an essential service!

Needless to say, I stocked up on enough bait to get through to March 31 at least.

As my son has said, why can't the Chinese be satisfied with a simple Grilled Cheeze!!!

Drewski

Don't get me goin' lol. Weed and booze is an essential service.....gotta keep everyone high I guess:scared:

Trochu
03-25-2020, 09:06 PM
What government directive? I didn't know they issued any directives on shutting down non-essential services?

Ken07AOVette
03-25-2020, 09:08 PM
Don't get me goin' lol. Weed and booze is an essential service.....gotta keep everyone high I guess:scared:

I am with you there, HOW THE HELL are they 'essential'? Taxes only?

Jigsalot
03-25-2020, 09:12 PM

Really?

Drewski

Are you kidding me. There goes the maggot supply. They always have them every time I’m in there. I noticed last week waskatenau gas station does not have them now. Switch to worms now for the perch I guess for the final few days. I posted before about the fishing hole able to survive this outage. I sure hope so. This is an essential service.

bat119
03-25-2020, 09:14 PM

Ontario said the police have better things to do than chase bootleggers and dealers something they learned from prohibition.

vital shok
03-25-2020, 09:15 PM
The only thing I that I have seen on the news is Kenny is making a list of essential services and it should be done by next week.If it’s needed.

elkhunter11
03-25-2020, 09:15 PM
I am with you there, HOW THE HELL are they 'essential'? Taxes only?

Bingo! The government is not willing to give up the taxes.

Smoky buck
03-25-2020, 09:26 PM
Bingo! The government is not willing to give up the taxes.

Plus keep the public intoxicated and stupid

CaberTosser
03-25-2020, 09:29 PM
The Ontario gov't listed fishing & hunting as essential so businesses supporting that should be OK. I imagine AB's list will be remarkably similar. Some people actually do sustenance hunt and fish and you can't exactly close support of their supply chain!

Ken07AOVette
03-25-2020, 09:39 PM
Plus keep the public intoxicated and stupid

This government makes me want to drink, and I still live here so I guess I have stupid down pat :(

Smoky buck
03-25-2020, 09:56 PM
This government makes me want to drink, and I still live here so I guess I have stupid down pat :(

I don’t normally drink often anymore but it’s sure tempting these days

brslk
03-25-2020, 11:10 PM
What government directive? I didn't know they issued any directives on shutting down non-essential services?

They didn't.

Stinky Buffalo
03-26-2020, 07:11 AM
Some outdoors stores have reportedly been adding milk, eggs and canned goods to their inventory. Problem solved!

Bigwoodsman
03-26-2020, 07:20 AM
I got the email last night, and immediately checked the back corner of the freezer for my bait stock. I'm good for the weekend...whew this got real, really fast for me! I'll miss my weekly chit chat with Randy and Verna.

Also checked my fly boxes and will be good for the next month as well, likely longer, as in the rest of my life...if fly's were gold I'd be a very rich man!

Liquor stores and Weed shops are all about the taxes. There handing out cash and getting it back through these government taxed shops. I don't shop at either.

BW

Immigrant
03-26-2020, 07:23 AM
There are a lot of people that are alcohol dependent. Taking that away from them will add fuel to the fire. Ever seen what withdrawal does to a person. It will add to the workload in the ER. Then again, not sure what the symptoms are for fishing withdrawal....

Gerald J
03-26-2020, 07:27 AM
Say it isn't so! This is important for mental health. If you can't go fishing, then buy fishing stuff. If you can't do that, at least talk fishing.

One'n'Done
03-26-2020, 07:31 AM
According to the person I talked to in Wholesale and Mail Order Sales the shutdown is voluntary on the Fishin' Holes's part. You can still order online or by phone and they'll will mail it to you as long as what you order is in stock at the two Edmonton locations.

58thecat
03-26-2020, 09:20 AM
Now they have time to go fishing.......:sHa_shakeshout:

Lefty-Canuck
03-26-2020, 09:23 AM
In Ontario hunting and fishing support stores were deemed essential I believe.

LC

gunluvr
03-26-2020, 09:29 AM
The fellow who used to own the local hotel& tavern always said that anytime the local economy was hurting, his business always picked up. That has changed over recent years. Now even more so. Gonna be more hotel fires.

trailraat
03-26-2020, 09:33 AM
The Ontario gov't listed fishing & hunting as essential so businesses supporting that should be OK. I imagine AB's list will be remarkably similar. Some people actually do sustenance hunt and fish and you can't exactly close support of their supply chain!

I'm pretty sure the only non essential services on Ontario's list were bookstores and board game cafes.

sns2
03-26-2020, 11:06 AM

Why are they essential? Taxes my friend... TAXES.

sns2
03-26-2020, 11:06 AM
I'm pretty sure the only non essential services on Ontario's list were bookstores and board game cafes.

Ain't that the truth!!! :)

bobtodrick
03-26-2020, 11:13 AM

I received and email from a company I have purchased from in Ontario....Fendrihan Canada saying that they have been allowed to stay open...at least their mail order and such.
They sell high end pens and shaving supplies.
Go figure :thinking-006:

bat119
03-26-2020, 01:04 PM
Saskatchewan list of non-critical stores includes:

Clothing stores.
Shoe stores.
Flower shops.
Sporting good and adventure stores.
Vaping supply shops.
Boat, ATV, or snowmobile retailers.
Gift, book or stationery stores.
Jewelry and accessory stores.
Toy stores.
Music, electronic and entertainment stores.
Pawn shops.
Travel agencies.

Walmart and Canuck tire are still open