PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Ships, are they the problem or solution?

Kurt505
03-28-2020, 10:38 AM
Another cruise ship in quarantine, it’s the perfect time to remove stupid from the gene pool imo, I say sink it, problem solved.

Instead the passengers whine and cry for their country to save them, bring them home so they can help spread the virus. If we can’t sink the ship we should at least be able to enforce a stupidity tax of $25,000 per person.

Can’t teach the stupid out of them, might as well let them pay for extended lessons.

oldgutpile
03-28-2020, 10:46 AM
Many of these ships have been drifting around under quarantine, as no one will allow them to off-board the ship. Only docking long enough to take on fuel, food, and fresh water.
I dont think that it is a case of people still lining up to board them!

Fish along
03-28-2020, 10:50 AM
Its A hard question to answer indeed,but for sure if people are traveling and they know there is risk then for sure they should have to bear the consequences. This flying people home and having to be paid by taxpayers is definitely not fair in any way. In my opinion they should have to pay the money back.

Ken07AOVette
03-28-2020, 10:53 AM
All Princess cruises from mar 12 - may 10 have been cancelled but some are still departing around the planet.

Etownpaul
03-28-2020, 11:15 AM
What gets me is that these ships sail under tax haven countries' flags to avoid paying Canadian and American taxes, yet they are now expecting government handouts to save their business.

Let the Bahamas bail them out.

Zip-in-Z
03-28-2020, 11:26 AM
A total of 247 Canadians are among the 1,243 passengers on the Holland America Zaandam, according to Global Affairs Canada.

Four passengers have died (none Cdn) on board the cruise ship currently sailing off the coast of Panama. Many other passengers on the ship have flu-like symptoms and two have tested positive for COVID-19.

The ship has been at sea since March 14, after Chile refused it permission to dock and disembark passengers. The ship was hoping to secure passage through the Panama Canal in order to dock in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., by the end of the month.

Wish all the Cdn on board the best until they get a rescue flight to Canada.

D.

fishtank
03-28-2020, 11:31 AM
never been on a cruise ship , but my boat holds 4 max ..:sHa_sarcasticlol:
not just in ships but any events when you have 1000's people pack in like a chicken farm for extended period of time, stuff can spread and turn for the worst very fast, say virus, fire, food poisoning ..

270person
03-28-2020, 12:10 PM
Best take on cruise ships, whether you like him or not, is right here.

https://youtu.be/XV18wx-xGaE

Mr Flyguy
03-28-2020, 12:14 PM
Send all the cruise ships to the Bermuda Triangle!

1899b
03-28-2020, 12:16 PM
Yup and the world is up in arms with the youngsters partying it up at the beaches this spring break while the geriatrics of this world are doing no better on these cruise ships. How stellar...

Grizzly Adams
03-28-2020, 12:21 PM
All Princess cruises from mar 12 - may 10 have been cancelled but some are still departing around the planet.

Tough to have sympathy for the people boarding them, it's a perfect incubation vehicle. This could very well kill the Cruise ship industry.

Grizz

Ken07AOVette
03-28-2020, 01:19 PM
Yup and the world is up in arms with the youngsters partying it up at the beaches this spring break while the geriatrics of this world are doing no better on these cruise ships. How stellar...

Right? What a bunch of entitled imbeciles! Were we that stupid when we were young? (answer is no, we are still here)

Tough to have sympathy for the people boarding them, it's a perfect incubation vehicle. This could very well kill the Cruise ship industry.

Grizz

More stupid cattle lined up in the cattle chutes then stuck in the cattle liner and expecting help? BS to them.

fordtruckin
03-28-2020, 02:12 PM
What gets me is that these ships sail under tax haven countries' flags to avoid paying Canadian and American taxes, yet they are now expecting government handouts to save their business.

Let the Bahamas bail them out.

It’s not only taxes they avoid. Generally a flag of convenience will allow different environmental, work and safety standards as well. Not to mention the Jones Act requires US flagged vessels have a crew of US Citizens or permanent residents. I highly doubt that any Canadian flagged or US flagged cruise ship of decent size would be able to find enough citizens of their countries to work in all the various jobs on one cruise ship let alone a fleet.

270person
03-28-2020, 03:51 PM
All Princess cruises from mar 12 - may 10 have been cancelled but some are still departing, ... the planet.

Changed it up a bit for emphasis.