PDA

View Full Version : Covid Confessions

Kurt505
03-29-2020, 03:46 PM
Hey all,

My turn to start a covid thread.

So the other night I’m sitting in the man cave, decided to renew an old cooey. Cracked a bottle of Wisers Deluxe, and indulged in a Wise man on the rocks. And then another, and another.....

So today I decide to go back to the man cave and notice I left nearly a full glass of Wisers just sitting ther on the bench! I couldn’t believe how alcohol could make me so wasteful.

I drank it...........

Habfan
03-29-2020, 03:49 PM
:happy0180:

Greatwest
03-29-2020, 05:03 PM
Well let’s just say you are lucky man that you left a Wisers there and not a beer might not have been able to finish off a beer after sitting there for a few days.

ghfalls
03-29-2020, 05:11 PM
I hit Costco yesterday. Best Costco trip ever, other than the 10 minute wait to get in the door. There was hardly anybody in the store, everyone was super courteous with their shopping carts, avoiding me like I had the plague, lol. Then the lineup to pay was only a couple minute wait as well. I’ve been doing the distancing thing for years and it’s kinda nice that everyone e is doing it now.

Hawkeye
03-29-2020, 05:11 PM
Also lucky that there aren't too many flies out yet!

Kurt505
03-29-2020, 05:20 PM
Well let’s just say you are lucky man that you left a Wisers there and not a beer might not have been able to finish off a beer after sitting there for a few days.

I’m no barbarian...... just couldn’t see it go to waste seeings how you never know when they might lock up the liquor stores. :scared0015:

CaberTosser
03-29-2020, 05:59 PM
Aside from the tax income, I wonder if another reason to keep liquor stores open is to reduce B&E’s by people seeking liquor.....

RandyBoBandy
03-29-2020, 06:13 PM
Dayumm, if they close booze stores, imma build me a KILLDOZER :) I better head over to Metal Supermarket ASAP :sHa_sarcasticlol::sHa_sarcasticlol:

vcmm
03-29-2020, 06:49 PM
I’m no barbarian...... just couldn’t see it go to waste seeings how you never know when they might lock up the liquor stores. :scared0015:

And..... That's why you should drink Bushmills!:argue2: Like I say to my brother that like's Wisers. Just because it's Wisers,, Doesn't make you smarter:thinking-006::scared0018:

Zip-in-Z
03-29-2020, 07:18 PM
Still in jail got 1 more week to go before we can get out. Fortunately our next door neighbour got us a couple bags of groceries to get through this.

The only home delivery so far was from Lakeside Liquor, 2 box's beer & case of wine .... feeling a bit relax'd this weekend.

D.

Moo Snukkle
03-29-2020, 08:22 PM
Saturday saw me score an awesome dual mantle Coleman lantern off jiji. Never enough of those lying around hunting camp. I was so pleased with my purchase that when my wife and daughter asked me if I’d watch a chick flick with them last night, I agreed. Out comes Bubba keg. Two fingers Jim Beam apple, two fingers Ab Premium, tray of cubes and topped off with premium ginger beer. Btw, this was mixed in the “garage “bar. Gotta say, best part of the show, was my drink. Followed by the dog wanting out at the halfway mark, allowing me to refill. Wife was quick to snap at me “ You’re not drinking doubles are you?” To which I truthfully snapped back “Not a chance”

Who would settle for a 2 oz drink on a Saturday night at home? My daughter commented on me being a trooper for sticking it out through the below mediocre show (some Melissa McCarthy offering). My wife had to agree with my daughter. So, I agreed to do it again next Saturday. Win win.

EZM
03-29-2020, 08:38 PM
Saturday saw me score an awesome dual mantle Coleman lantern off jiji. Never enough of those lying around hunting camp. I was so pleased with my purchase that when my wife and daughter asked me if I’d watch a chick flick with them last night, I agreed. Out comes Bubba keg. Two fingers Jim Beam apple, two fingers Ab Premium, tray of cubes and topped off with premium ginger beer. Btw, this was mixed in the “garage “bar. Gotta say, best part of the show, was my drink. Followed by the dog wanting out at the halfway mark, allowing me to refill. Wife was quick to snap at me “ You’re not drinking doubles are you?” To which I truthfully snapped back “Not a chance”

Who would settle for a 2 oz drink on a Saturday night at home? My daughter commented on me being a trooper for sticking it out through the below mediocre show (some Melissa McCarthy offering). My wife had to agree with my daughter. So, I agreed to do it again next Saturday. Win win.

Watching a chick flick .... yeah ..... I'd be pouring doubles too .... after a few refills, it becomes a comedy ...... then the wife and daughter will think twice before asking you to watch another chick flick ...... see the wisdom in that?

roper1
03-29-2020, 08:46 PM
Watching a chick flick .... yeah ..... I'd be pouring doubles too .... after a few refills, it becomes a comedy ...... then the wife and daughter will think twice before asking you to watch another chick flick ...... see the wisdom in that?

I offer to watch the occasional chick flick also.........sometimes it works...

Grizzly Adams
03-29-2020, 08:47 PM
The only home delivery so far was from Lakeside Liquor, 2 box's beer & case of wine .... feeling a bit relax'd this weekend.

Liquor stores are an essential service, no doubt about that. One has to wonder what the non drinkers do in stressful times like this ? :lol:

Grizz

Moo Snukkle
03-29-2020, 08:55 PM

Oh I’m there already. But no one respects an alpha that’s “uncivilized “ lol

Stinky Buffalo
03-30-2020, 08:04 AM
Kurt, next time (and after this plague madness is over), I will volunteer to come over and supervise you so this waste doesn't happen again.

Of course, you may have to share... :D

Kurt505
03-30-2020, 08:57 AM
Kurt, next time (and after this plague madness is over), I will volunteer to come over and supervise you so this waste doesn't happen again.

Of course, you may have to share... :D

I will have a bottle ready for the occasion :)

Deer Hunter
03-30-2020, 09:03 AM
https://i.imgur.com/cK2gFOHl.jpg

Kurt505
03-30-2020, 09:08 AM
I got the old cooey spruced up. Wish I took a pic before I refinished the stock.

https://i.imgur.com/5tQEOnN.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ZQtJhpK.jpg

Stinky Buffalo
03-30-2020, 09:14 AM
Looking forward to it already! [emoji3]

WayneChristie
03-30-2020, 09:19 AM
nice 22. used to have one as well, could shoot a crow out of the sky with it it was so accurate. not that I ever did of course :medium-smiley-035:

Mavrick
03-30-2020, 09:20 AM

Funny I did that last night, watched a chick flick with the wife and daughter while having a few scotch, adding lines and commentary that I thought would make it an academy winner. Sent back to the man cave, so cleaned a gun or two. The women folk are funny sometimes, I don't understand:snapoutofit:

Stinky Buffalo
03-30-2020, 06:46 PM
Funny I did that last night, watched a chick flick with the wife and daughter while having a few scotch, adding lines and commentary that I thought would make it an academy winner. Sent back to the man cave, so cleaned a gun or two. The women folk are funny sometimes, I don't understand:snapoutofit:

I’ve done the same, especially during the tear-jerker movies. Poor IncrediGirl! [emoji16]