PDA

View Full Version : Twinkletoes still at it

CptnBlues63
04-01-2020, 08:43 AM
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/canadas-carbon-tax-increasing-april-1-despite-coronavirus-economic-crunch/ar-BB120r9l?li=AAggNb9

Drewski Canuck
04-01-2020, 08:45 AM
I only wish that he tells everyone at noon that it was just an April Fools Day Prank.

Trouble is, we all are the fools to be led by that man.

Drewski

MK2750
04-01-2020, 09:18 AM
It is very easy to see with all the industries shut down who the real polluters are and how quickly the earth can heal herself.

The skies are blue over China, India and central Europe for the first time in decades. One day of shut down would reduce the world's emissions more than punishing Canadians with this ridiculous tax for a century.

There is also thousands of those fuel guzzling air liners and cruise ships at a stand still. I know people love to gallivant all over the world sucking money out of the country and spreading disease but this should be ended for good. Tourism might be big business but the money is going the wrong way and the environmental foot print is too high.

A lesson could also be learned about going to work vs working from home. I have been working from home for over 10 years. It always amazes me when I visit the office which in fact is a social club. Most every conversation is somewhat work related but much of it is simply gossip or side track, a waste of time and resources.

But we will instead continue to pay for China and the other cesspools to pollute and we will just have to work harder so the wealthy can travel the world. It won't do much for climate change but it will give the rich something to giggle about on the golf course.

Scott N
04-01-2020, 09:39 AM
As the Liberals raise the carbon tax today, all of our MPs get an automatic raise starting today. While provincial and municipal governments are all facing cutbacks and layoffs, private businesses are closing their doors for unknown period of times, our "entitled to their entitlements" MPs all quietly take a raise. It's truly sickening, but the April Fool's Day joke is on Canadian taxpayers.

Venison Assassin
04-01-2020, 09:40 AM
While it was good that Scheer offered to give his raise to charity, it was pretty dumb of Trudeau to do the same after the bar had been set. Clearly the Liberals should have axed all of the raises. By donating it, they’re just securing themselves tax write-offs anyways. In Scheer’s case it was a statement, in the PM’s case it’s just disingenuous.

zabbo
04-01-2020, 09:54 AM
Aw crap! I can't even start! :mad0100:

colroggal
04-01-2020, 10:11 AM
I gave myself a raise today. Of course I only pay myself in waffles and bacon...

Colin

waldedw
04-01-2020, 10:39 AM
Of course it is, you can expect the GST to go up also in the months to come, they have to generate money to pay off the $127 billion bail out package, which we all know is going to be exploited to no end, you can bet on that

Bigwoodsman
04-01-2020, 10:48 AM
Hopefully he resigns today!

I can hope.

BW