PDA

View Full Version : Fencing staplers

Sigma
04-02-2020, 09:25 AM
A question for the rural guys on here.
What is the best type and brand of fencing stapler to get?

We have a lot of fence to replace over the next couple of years and the arm is not up to that much work with a hammer. I know there are electric and pneumatic staplers available. The electrics are quite a bit more expensive but no need to pull a generator and air compressor along with you.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Sig

Cement Bench
04-02-2020, 09:52 AM
use a hammer and don’t be a wuss

that is all a 5 foot 5 lady uses who fences with her hubby for a living and she says once you get the hang of it no problem

Jeron Kahyar
04-02-2020, 10:23 AM
Fasco makes a very good product. I have not personally used their fence stapler but have used other staplers and nail guns from them. Everything I have used from Fasco has worked well and been reliable.

https://www.fasco-tools.com/products/product-detail/f70g-fence-45-315

spoiledsaskhunter
04-02-2020, 10:25 AM
swanky and his pal seward were down here doing antelope fence awhile ago and used staplers. boy, they were the ticket and i'd get one if i had a lot of distance to go.

i don't know the brand of them, but swanky used to be around here somewhere and shouldn't be too hard to locate. he'd probably be able to share the good/bad ones with you.

NCC
04-02-2020, 11:32 AM
The Hat Doctor in Langdon rents Stockade staplers out if you want to try before you buy. They have cordless and pneumatic models. Purchase prices are $1800 and $1500.

If you get bored or sore pounding staples, start driving them with your non dominant hand.

Dewey Cox
04-02-2020, 11:45 AM
Careful not to hammer your thumb.
The first hit magnetizes it, and after that you can't help hitting it at least once every 10 posts for the rest of your fencing project.

oilngas
04-02-2020, 01:29 PM
saw a fellow using a propane fired / powered fencing tool, it worked slick and used the small propane bottles or a bigger bottle with adapter / hose.

bigbaddad
04-02-2020, 02:08 PM
swanky and his pal seward were down here doing antelope fence awhile ago and used staplers. boy, they were the ticket and i'd get one if i had a lot of distance to go.

i don't know the brand of them, but swanky used to be around here somewhere and shouldn't be too hard to locate. he'd probably be able to share the good/bad ones with you.They use Fencefast staplers..

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

JustBen
04-02-2020, 03:56 PM
32oz Estwing