PDA

View Full Version : Appalled by the Crisis in Ecuador and At Home

Drewski Canuck
04-03-2020, 10:39 PM
While Canada and the US spar over 3 M N95 masks, in Ecuador the people are dying in the streets, the bodies are being left for days, and locals have been burning corpses as the temperature hits 90 F day after day.

No one from the Government of Ecuador can claim to have an accurate count of the deaths from Corvid - 19. No one from the Government of Ecuador can be trusted on anything they say looking at the total collapse of their Health Care and Public Safety systems.

Perhaps this is what the Chinese REALLY experienced, and decided not to tell the World.

It is clear the Beast is walking among us.

IN the mean time, the US is flexing its influence from Thailand to Canada, and gathering up all the medical supplies it can, by any means it can.

While Premier Kenny is "disappointed" in President Trump, maybe its time to finally play the game by their rules. The only card that Premier Kenny has to play in this game is Keystone XL.

The only card that Justin Trudeau has to play is Northern Gateway.

The Ontario Auto Manufacturing hub is dead.

Bombardier has been killed off by President Trump's embargo of the "foreign built C100" which forced giving away 50 % +1 to Airbus, and the eventual loss of Billions from QPP and CPP.

NAFTA was torn up largely to buy Votes for the Republicans on the House or Representatives Bi Election when the deal was already in favour of the US.
Now we cannot even get medical masks from 3M.

In the mean time President Trump is so scared of Ecuador that his comb over is revealing his bald patch. Trudeau simply is trying to use his School Teacher Voice to fake being in Control. Both of them knew what was really going on in China, and Italy simply revealed the truth to the free World. Still Trump and Trudeau did not tell the truth.

It is refreshing that Premier Doug Ford has finally stated that Canada has to have some self sufficiency in the face of a shortage of medical equipment, and has ramped up domestic manufacturing. Someone finally gets the problem with Globalism.

Trump, China, and all the World Leaders kept the Citizens in the dark to try and avoid mass panic. From our Premier to our Gloriously Inept Leader, to Trump, I have no respect.

I can respect the Beast for his gleeful collection of souls. At least you know where you stand with Him.

Drewski

MK2750
04-03-2020, 11:32 PM
Just to recap the rant;

Trump responsible for the people of Ecuador

Trump responsible for the downfall of Bombardier

Trump responsible for Canada's inability to stock medical supplies

Trump responsible for negotiating the new NAFTA deal

Trump responsible for Kenny's incompetence

A little back ground for those at home;

Trump is the president of the USA not Ecuador. Bombardier is the most corrupt and poorly run company in the history of mankind. Canada squandered billions of dollars on political grandstanding abroad rather than purchasing needed medical supplies and funding health care. Trump's job is to negotiate the best deal he can for the USA like NAFTA. And finally, in the middle of a pandemic, Trump spent the morning with business and oil executives planning strategy to combat unfair trade practices by the Saudis and Russia and get oil prices back to normal, something Kenny hasn't managed to make a priority of the Canadian federal government.

fishtank
04-04-2020, 12:38 AM
“You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.”
Abraham Lincoln

slough shark
04-04-2020, 01:03 AM
Hey drewski where are you getting your news on equador? I haven’t heard anything about what’s going on there

waldedw
04-04-2020, 04:17 AM
Wow this one should take off like a brush fire, get the popcorn and chips it's Trump bashing time again, my guess is one day before it's shut down and someone is banned.:argue2:

I heard one the other day " Instead of bashing Trump, why don't you tell us what you like about the Democrats " :thinking-006:

Twisted Canuck
04-04-2020, 04:28 AM
Hey drewski where are you getting your news on equador? I haven’t heard anything about what’s going on there

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/04/03/826675439/corpses-lie-for-days-as-ecuador-struggles-to-keep-up-with-covid-19-deaths

https://www.democracynow.org/2020/4/2/headlines/bodies_in_guayaquil_ecuador_left_rotting_in_the_st reets_as_covid_19_overwhelms_health_system

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/04/03/americas/guayaquil-ecuador-overwhelmed-coronavirus-intl/index.html

Trochu
04-04-2020, 05:15 AM
Germany and France have literally intercepted medical supply shipments going through their countries but they've still found time to bash Trump for "not playing by the rules".

Jigsalot
04-04-2020, 05:43 AM

Wow. That is so sad to watch. I just saw whats happening on CNN. They need some help and I’m all for Canada to lend a hand if we can without screwing up our situation at home. That POS Trump has lost his mind and let’s hope folks that someone yanks him out of office. Maybe his snake side kick will step down. It’s going to get unreal in a hurry.

MooseRiverTrapper
04-04-2020, 06:10 AM
Trudeau has lots of cards to play. He is the leader of a successful first world country. Not our fault or Trumps fault he’s to stupid.

hal53
04-04-2020, 06:11 AM
Wow. That is so sad to watch. I just saw whats happening on CNN. They need some help and I’m all for Canada to lend a hand if we can without screwing up our situation at home. That POS Trump has lost his mind and let’s hope folks that someone yanks him out of office. Maybe his snake side kick will step down. It’s going to get unreal in a hurry.

I get a kick out of Canadians jumping on the Hate Trump bandwagon because they " saw it on CNN"..andyet are strangely silent about our goofball that has been in hiding since the start of this fiasco....pathetic

jakebrake
04-04-2020, 06:25 AM
Quite watching cnn people you will get completely brain washed.

Jigger
04-04-2020, 06:29 AM

Can you imagine a leader looking out for his country and his people? CNN told you he's not playing the globalist charade, what a POS he must be. Someone should illegally yank him out of office for helping his country and making decisions snowflakes don't agree with, how dare he.

elkhunter11
04-04-2020, 06:36 AM
The liberals and our idiot PM love it when everyone blames Trump, it takes the attention off of the fact that Trudeau refused to close our borders, and was giving away our supplies to China, instead of setting up a supply chain for Canada. Trudeau refused to prepare Canada for the virus, insisting that he was going to avoid "knee jerk reactions". Trudeau was far more concerned with trying to get his precious seat at the UN, than with protecting Canadians. Then he tried to sneak in a bill to grant himself the unlimited powers of a dictator as far as spending and taxation are concerned. And then, despite the fact that Canadians are losing jobs, and are having issues paying their bills, he increased the carbon tax by 50%. As far as Bombardier is concerned, they are about as incompetent as Trudeau, having been bailed out by the government several times , before Trump even came into power. Canada could have more pipelines, more jobs, and more manufacturing capability, but Trudeau has stopped industrial development in our country, and made Canada even more dependent on foreign products, including the masks that 3m produces. Trudeau's policies are continuing to drive manufacturers to relocate or outsource, because it is no longer profitable to operate in Canada. Meanwhile Trump has been encouraging companies to operate in the USA, so the USA is less dependent on foreign manufacturing.

But instead of accepting responsibility for their incompetence, Trudeau and his liberals continue to use their bought and paid for media to deflect the attention to Trump, and to blame Trump. for what the liberals have done to Canada.

glen moa
04-04-2020, 06:41 AM
Why is Trudeau in lockdown???
He is responsible for most of the suffering in Canada.

Buckhead
04-04-2020, 06:45 AM
The liberals and our idiot PM love it when everyone blames Trump, it takes the attention off of the fact that Trudeau refused to close our borders, and was giving away our supplies to China, instead of setting up a supply chain for Canada. Trudeau refused to prepare Canada for the virus, insisting that he was going to avoid "knee jerk reactions". Trudeau was far more concerned with trying to get his precious seat at the UN, than with protecting Canadians. Then he tried to sneak in a bill to grant himself the unlimited powers of a dictator as far as spending and taxation are concerned. And then, despite the fact that Canadians are losing jobs, and are having issues paying their bills, he increased the carbon tax by 50%. As far as Bombardier is concerned, they are about as incompetent as Trudeau, having been bailed out by the government several times , before Trump even came into power. Canada could have more pipelines, more jobs, and more manufacturing capability, but Trudeau has stopped industrial development in our country, and made Canada even more dependent on foreign products, including the masks that 3m produces. Trudeau's policies are continuing to drive manufacturers to relocate or outsource, because it is no longer profitable to operate in Canada. Meanwhile Trump has been encouraging companies to operate in the USA, so the USA is less dependent on foreign manufacturing.

But instead of accepting responsibility for their incompetence, Trudeau and his liberals continue to use their bought and paid for media to deflect the attention to Trump, and to blame Trump. for what the liberals have done to Canada.

Bingo!!! :angry3:

Smoky buck
04-04-2020, 07:06 AM
Trump is not the Canadian prime minister he is the US president. Our issue is the thing we call our Canadian prime minister. That guy who is supposed to negotiate on behalf of Canada, make decisions to improve Canadian living, make choices to promote a strong Canadian economy, and take steps to lead during tough times that will limit the negative impact on Canada

So does anyone know when our prime minister is going to show up and do his job or is he just going to hide in his cottage till he can go on vacation again

Trump does not answer to Canadians or is responsible for Canada simply put not our monkey not our problem. He is a loud mouth who is focused on doing his job promoting the US. If we had a PM that actually did his job and was strong at negotiating on behalf of Canadians Trump would be of no importance.

The media loves Trump because he has a big mouth and gets people going. He is also a great distraction and easy to blame rather than addressing the flaws in Canada

Stop wasting effort worrying about Trump focus on Canada and the politicians where you’re vote matters. Stop giving our PM a scape goat to blame for his crappy job

Drewski Canuck
04-04-2020, 07:07 AM
Thye Thailand reference was the 3M plant in Thailand having an Order of Masks paid for by Germany, get diverted to the USA because Head Office was told to do so.

The Canada reference was 3M being told not to sell masks to Canada, the biggest Ally of the US.

It is not Trump bashing that he refused to allow delivery of the C100 to American air carriers unless the plane was built in the US. the US knew Canada was building a medium passenger jet and had pre ordered fleets of the regional C 100 jet.

It is not Trump bashing, when all the World leaders told us initially that they had it under control and that there was nothing to see here, only to have Italy go up in flames, and the truth then comes out. JT was refusing to close our boarders, and took plane loads of people home from China without proper protocols.

The point is, Trump is now scrambling to get ready and is forgetting all the friends who have stood by the US in the past.

I now see that even Jason Kenney has figured out we need local production of essential items. Nice to see finally, but too late.

As for Trump bashing, he is the one now creating a supply crisis by paying whatever it takes, and using pressure on US Multinationals like 3M to leap frog over other Countries who have valid Orders bought and paid for.

As for Ecuador, it is too late to help them. My daughter has friends whose Grand Parents and Uncles and Aunts are in the most affected area. They are very scared. Yes its a 3rd World toilet, and yes Corruption is everywhere, as are the bodies.

The point is, the CIA, NSA, CSIS, MI5, Five Eyes Security Network, etc, had to have plenty of info on what was happening in China in Wuhan, and our Government Leaders remained SILENT, or decided Not to act on the imminent threat. I do not have Agents on the ground and Spy satellites in the sky, they do.

Instead, their Masters either decided to ignore it, or decided not to tell us. It was far more than just Trump who fooled us all.

But yes, Trump is the best example of Life Boat Ethics in action.

At least Doug Ford is trying to tread water, and Jason Kenney is learning it might be a good idea too. Justin Trudeau is the whinny kid clinging to everyone else's back and hogging the few life vests, while the rest of us are left to sink or swim.

Drewski

Mavrick
04-04-2020, 07:09 AM
Seems to be a lot of Americans on here that don’t like their President. You do know we can’t help you vote him out, right?

Smoky buck
04-04-2020, 07:11 AM
Seems to be a lot of Americans on here that don’t like their President. You do know we can’t help you vote him out, right?

Funny thing is most of the Americans I know like Trump it’s Canadians I hear complain about him most lol

270person
04-04-2020, 07:14 AM

Yep. Watch what all the Mensa Society members watch. Fox.

NCC
04-04-2020, 07:22 AM
Trudeau and Tam were much more worried about offending China than they were about protecting Canadians. If you don’t believe that, go back and read some of her press releases from when this crisis was starting.

This crisis has saved Trudeau’s career. Ms. Freeland will have to wait a little longer to be the PM.

WayneChristie
04-04-2020, 07:28 AM
Why is Trudeau in lockdown???
He is responsible for most of the suffering in Canada.
POS should be in lockUP instead. friggin traitor. we can all die as long as he gets his UN seat.

Iron Brew
04-04-2020, 07:36 AM
Trudeau and Tam were much more worried about offending China than they were about protecting Canadians. If you don’t believe that, go back and read some of her press releases from when this crisis was starting.

This crisis has saved Trudeau’s career. Ms. Freeland will have to wait a little longer to be the PM.

The same with Trump. American border should have been shut way earlier. Nobody wanted to offend the orange "nothing is happening". So yeah. I blame Trudeau. And Trump.

bessiedog
04-04-2020, 07:38 AM
Thye Thailand reference was the 3M plant in Thailand having an Order of Masks paid for by Germany, get diverted to the USA because Head Office was told to do so.

The Canada reference was 3M being told not to sell masks to Canada, the biggest Ally of the US.

It is not Trump bashing that he refused to allow delivery of the C100 to American air carriers unless the plane was built in the US. the US knew Canada was building a medium passenger jet and had pre ordered fleets of the regional C 100 jet.

It is not Trump bashing, when all the World leaders told us initially that they had it under control and that there was nothing to see here, only to have Italy go up in flames, and the truth then comes out. JT was refusing to close our boarders, and took plane loads of people home from China without proper protocols.

The point is, Trump is now scrambling to get ready and is forgetting all the friends who have stood by the US in the past.

I now see that even Jason Kenney has figured out we need local production of essential items. Nice to see finally, but too late.

As for Trump bashing, he is the one now creating a supply crisis by paying whatever it takes, and using pressure on US Multinationals like 3M to leap frog over other Countries who have valid Orders bought and paid for.

As for Ecuador, it is too late to help them. My daughter has friends whose Grand Parents and Uncles and Aunts are in the most affected area. They are very scared. Yes its a 3rd World toilet, and yes Corruption is everywhere, as are the bodies.

The point is, the CIA, NSA, CSIS, MI5, Five Eyes Security Network, etc, had to have plenty of info on what was happening in China in Wuhan, and our Government Leaders remained SILENT, or decided Not to act on the imminent threat. I do not have Agents on the ground and Spy satellites in the sky, they do.

Instead, their Masters either decided to ignore it, or decided not to tell us. It was far more than just Trump who fooled us all.

But yes, Trump is the best example of Life Boat Ethics in action.

At least Doug Ford is trying to tread water, and Jason Kenney is learning it might be a good idea too. Justin Trudeau is the whinny kid clinging to everyone else's back and hogging the few life vests, while the rest of us are left to sink or swim.

Drewski

Drewski is bang on a second time....

I’ve been e trembly suspicious about the r0 they’ve been telling us for some time.

My biggest worry is the supply chain shock.

And YES Trump is now practicing big bully in a lifeboat behavior. Our pm is the wimpy special kid.....

Ford and Harper....er ... I mean Kenny.... are the pragmatists here..... and I really think we all better simply watch what they are saying and presenting.

I’m praying real hard that Trumpy ONLY bullies got med supplies....but I doubt it.

As for me.... I’m now officially going to start working part time as a hired farm hand.... and I’ll be spending my time growing a few huge ass gardens for growing season.

I plans to build zee chicken coop and maybe rabbit hutch.

I think we’re going to have a 50% chsnce of a global trade shock and then everyone’s gonna play protectionist-self sufficient guy.

Our PM or Keeny are going to have to mobilize our unemployed and re employ them in out agri goods sector damn pronto.

You single issue Trumpers and ‘gotta hate sparkle socks’ guys need to stop fixating on the issue-bone your chewing on and start putting stuff together.

We may have a real situation here....

Trochu
04-04-2020, 07:40 AM

NYC hospitals are overflowing, this is serious, and Trump did nothing. Any chance to bash Trump, the convenient thing is, the reasons to bash Trump don't even need to be true.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2020/04/01/cbs-admits-to-using-footage-from-italy-in-report-about-nyc/amp/

Grizzly Adams
04-04-2020, 07:40 AM
Germany and France have literally intercepted medical supply shipments going through their countries but they've still found time to bash Trump for "not playing by the rules".

Strange how the Internationalists are surprised a country would look after itself, first. :confused:

Grizz

bessiedog
04-04-2020, 07:50 AM
Perhaps look into 20th century history and look at how freakishly interdependent our country’ a economies have been since 1920....

I don’t get why you guys think countries can be self sufficient.....

When we haven’t been in your lifetimes.

Geraldsh
04-04-2020, 07:59 AM
Perhaps look into 20th century history and look at how freakishly interdependent our country’ a economies have been since 1920....

I don’t get why you guys think countries can be self sufficient.....

When we haven’t been in your lifetimes.

How true; even in the midst of a pandemic I had a banana for breakfast.

pikergolf
04-04-2020, 08:02 AM
I can't believe the amount of Canadians invested in protecting Trump. It's like someone insulted their mothers. Puzzling. And no I don't hate him, and I get where he is coming from, but forgetting your allies. :thinking-006: America may well need her allies in the near future.

bessiedog
04-04-2020, 08:05 AM
This whole thing is dependent on

No panic

Lower the curve so our existing system can handle it

AND KEEP THE SUPPLY CHAIN moving and behaving the way it does....

It we disrupt or overload any of these things...... welll......

Thanks Donald.... were WERE in this together..... now I dunno.

Scary man.

Trump is the Herbert Hoover of our century now.

And yes PinerGolf.... I agree. It’s like a dog whistle man

sk270
04-04-2020, 08:08 AM
Drewski is bang on a second time....

And YES Trump is now practicing big bully in a lifeboat behavior. Our pm is the wimpy special kid.....

Ford and Harper....er ... I mean Kenny.... are the pragmatists here..... and I really think we all better simply watch what they are saying and presenting.

I think we’re going to have a 50% chsnce of a global trade shock and then everyone’s gonna play protectionist-self sufficient guy.

You single issue Trumpers and ‘gotta hate sparkle socks’ guys need to stop fixating on the issue-bone your chewing on and start putting stuff together.

I certainly agree with Bessiedog and Drewski.

I would add Scott Moe to the list of politicians who have their heads on straight.

Also, it's not just Trump. The isolationist tendencies in the USA have been there for a long time. Look at their late entries into WWI and WWII. I think it goes back to the manifest destiny justification of 1845.

My dislike for our Prime Minister, however, is not a single issue thing. I sound off about him, often according to my wife. But that's because he is the single person who could turn things around for Canada.

Grizzly Adams
04-04-2020, 08:10 AM
"Death on an Industrial scale. " Just more evidence we are suffering from massive over population.

Grizz

bessiedog
04-04-2020, 08:13 AM
Let’s be VERY CLEAR on our Prime Minister

He is NOT single issue.

He has a ALWAYS been exactly like a ventriloquist dummy here....

Our criticism about any bungling should be squarely leveled at the Liberal inbred party.

‘Natural Governing Party’ indeed...... they are the original societal vampire squid man.

Been like that since 1990.

Paul Martin was the last pragmatist they had.

sk270
04-04-2020, 08:23 AM

He is NOT single issue.

Our criticism about any bungling should be squarely leveled at the Liberal inbred party.

‘Natural Governing Party’ indeed...... they are the original societal vampire squid man.

I sort of agree, Bessiedog. However, Trudeau II is still in a position of power that would enable him to push the Liberal Party in more constructive directions.

bessiedog
04-04-2020, 08:27 AM
You are giving a drama teacher wayyyy too much credit.... where it’s not deserved.

We need our minority govt to grow a pair of community balls

Create a multi party cabinet. That is vote balanced.
Bury the hatchet

And start governing and making decisions that are hard but will keep this country together and see a Canada on the other side of this.

Offer high paying jobs for people to work the fields in the Ag sector to secure our food supply. Food gonna be critical here.

bobtodrick
04-04-2020, 08:29 AM
I think CNN is doing what they do best...exaggerate.
Ecuador’s population is 17000000.
Latest totals of COVID infection according to BBC (which I trust more than CNN) are around 3500...about the same as everyone else.
The bodies in the street is because the authorities there are not allowing anyone to pick the bodies up, so families are literally putting them on the curb.
I don’t see this as Trump’ fault...but that of an impoverished nation that has terribly inadequate infrastructure.
Like so many third world countries, it has lousy medical care, yet a fairly capable military....go figure.
I’m no Trump fanboy....but not everything is his fault.

sk270
04-04-2020, 08:34 AM
You are giving a drama teacher wayyyy too much credit.... where it’s not deserved.

We need our minority govt to grow a pair of community balls

Create a multi party cabinet. That is vote balanced.
Bury the hatchet

And start governing and making decisions that are hard but will keep this country together and see a Canada on the other side of this.

Offer high paying jobs for people to work the fields in the Ag sector to secure our food supply. Food gonna be critical here.

Agree 100% with your last four paragraphs. Never happen. Apart from relying on politicians to show common sense, everyone in the east takes farming and ranching for granted. Except the Quebec dairy farmers.:)

Smoky buck
04-04-2020, 08:35 AM

He is NOT single issue.

Unfortunately it’s even simpler than that the problem is that a portion of Canadians voted the liberals into the position of power. This has left our Country weak in our ability to negotiate with other world leaders. We are also on a path that doesn’t consider the needs of all Canadians or even put Canada first. Now we are facing a major issue no leader planned for and Canada is left with a weak voice and poor direction in a time of distress

You are correct this is not all on Trudeau because the liberals govern as a party. But in the end the blame lays on the Canadians who chose to have the liberals represent Canada

bessiedog
04-04-2020, 08:37 AM
Well ya....

The lesson of the 21st century....

‘Don’t vote on the hair doo’

mac1983
04-04-2020, 08:39 AM
Well ya....

LOL, Orange or Black

elk eater
04-04-2020, 08:46 AM
Well ya....

Oh man that’s funny !!! Thanks for the laugh.

Dick284
04-04-2020, 08:47 AM
Who gives a rats patwhoee about the state of affairs in another country.

Sure Trump is a total gasser on the foreign stage, but let’s face it our wonderful PM is a dolt, and a UN/China admirer, and doubly incompetent.

So Trump looks after his home first..... there’s a shocker....

I don’t see Drewski crapping on our PM for squandering medical supplies away to China, and leaving our border as porous as a screen door. How about our PM’s willingness to send funds off shore when those monies could have been better spent at home, on things like heath care, and supply chain?

Quite worrying about elsewhere and start worrying about here!

Smoky buck
04-04-2020, 08:48 AM
Well ya....

Yup but the scary thing is how many other parties would have taken us down a similar path. Now look at how many different areas of our lives are promoting and pushing the views the liberals run on. How often things are focused to blame anything but the management of our own country

I don’t know how many are actually going to get a passing grade when it comes to the lesson of the 21st century. It’s become too popular to blame others instead of own our personal flaws

MK2750
04-04-2020, 08:48 AM
You people do realize that the old fake news has now been debunked. The official statement is that 3M is back on line fulfilling it's commitment to the American people AND their friends in Canada and Mexico.

3M was caught shorting product to their own country and selling to the highest bidder for countries with no previous commitment and black market resale.

Watching CNN for information on the Trump administration is like watching CBC for an opinion about gun control. Get your liberal heads out of the sand and change the channel.

You are also missing out on the exciting treatment success of hydroxychloroquine touted as "snake oil" by the idiotic dem media and saving lives all over the world AND the use of antibodies from recovered patient's plasma to save lives.

bessiedog
04-04-2020, 08:50 AM
That’s a dog whistle issue comparison dick.

Issues are out of proportion in comparison. In many ways.

But hey.. stick to your issue. Or yea... Drewskie is a closet Liberal supporter... ok... yea...

bessiedog
04-04-2020, 08:51 AM
You people do realize that the old fake news has now been debunked. The official statement is that 3M is back on line fulfilling it's commitment to the American people AND their friends in Canada and Mexico.

3M was caught shorting product to their own country and selling to the highest bidder for countries with no previous commitment and black market resale.

Watching CNN for information on the Trump administration is like watching CBC for an opinion about gun control. Get your liberal heads out of the sand and change the channel.

You are also missing out on the exciting treatment success of hydroxychloroquine touted as "snake oil" by the idiotic dem media and saving lives all over the world AND the use of antibodies from recovered patient's plasma to save lives.

Good info if ya got a credible link..?

Cause I’ll bite.

elkhunter11
04-04-2020, 08:51 AM
I don't like Trump as a person, as a person, he actually disgusts me, but he is the president of the USA, so it is his duty to protect the people of the USA. So naturally, he is going to put the USA first, when it comes to securing the medical supplies that are needed during this crisis. On the other hand, Trudeau has constantly put other countries and illegal immigrants before Canadians. But rather than take responsibility for his own shortcomings, Trudeau has his bought and paid for media attack Trump, to keep the attention off of himself, and his corrupt government. The problem is, that even after the first four year disaster, the voters re elected Trudeau to run our country, and they continue to believe the propaganda that the media continues to spread, about how it is always someone else's fault. If you voted for Trudeau,or for the NDP or the Bloc, look in the mirror to see who is responsible for our present situation, if you voted against these parties, then you may not be at fault, but you will still suffer with the rest of Canada anyways. But the bottom line, is that despite the media constantly blaming Trump, he is not the one responsible for the mess that we have in Canada.

HVA7mm
04-04-2020, 08:56 AM
I think that the bodies piling up are more of a current national policy and religious tradition.

I found this snippet from their president:
“The government’s intention is that everyone who passes away these days in Guayaquil, not just those who have died from COVID-19, can have a dignified burial,” Vice President Otto Sonnenholzner told reporters on Monday.

Ecuador also has a population in which around 80% identify as being Roman Catholic. Historically the Catholic church has not been very supportive of cremation, and generally wants the body to be present at the Funeral Mass before cremation. I would imagine that this and not enough suitable storage for the corpses would certainly contribute to the bodies piling up. Hopefully the policy will change.

bessiedog
04-04-2020, 08:57 AM
Mk270....... waiting..... for credible .... not tinfoily ..... link?

fishtank
waiting for the next Snowden and Julian Assange to show up after this is over ...

sk270

I'd appreciate a link to the official statement. All I can find on Fox News and Trump tweets is that the US wants 3M to stop all export of N95 masks.

bobtodrick
04-04-2020, 09:06 AM

3M was caught shorting product to their own country and selling to the highest bidder for countries with no previous commitment and black market resale

Provide a link.
No matter how you search this is not the info that comes up.
3M themselves claim they have been ordered to not sell the masks to Canada

https://www.forbes.com/sites/carlieporterfield/2020/04/03/3m-blasts-back-at-trump-company-says-not-selling-masks-to-canada-could-spark-retaliation/#1288bbe77465

sk270
04-04-2020, 09:07 AM
[QUOTE=MK2750;4141712]You people do realize that the old fake news has now been debunked. The official statement is that 3M is back on line fulfilling it's commitment to the American people AND their friends in Canada and Mexico.
/QUOTE]

I checked Reuters, AP, Fox News and Trump's twitter feed. This seems to be the fake news.

Mr Flyguy
04-04-2020, 09:09 AM
[QUOTE=bessiedog;4141657]

Rabbit hutch eh? Now you're talking sense. I've got a killer recipe for rabbit stew that uses whole bottle of red wine. Let me know when the're ready:)

Big Grey Wolf
I am shocked how Any Canadian could even say a positive thing about the Trump monster in the Whitehouse. The fool just passed a death sentence to our heath care Doctors and nurses that are on front line to save our lives. 3M already had contract to sell the N95 masks to Canada. They are manufactured in China thus the fake US war measures act Trump signed does not even apply.

bobtodrick
MK2750...we’re waiting for that link.
Without it, it appears the only provider of fake news is......

MK2750
04-04-2020, 09:10 AM
Good info if ya got a credible link..?

Cause I’ll bite.

On FOX last night, change the channel.

Smoky buck
04-04-2020, 09:11 AM

on global news right now they are talking about the restrictions the US put on 3M masks for Canada and other countries.

Grizzly Adams
04-04-2020, 09:12 AM
Talk about Fake news? Doing a little research, 145 people have died in Ecuador. Given the population and the social situation, the stories are way over blown.

https://nationalpost.com/pmn/entertainment-pmn/ecuador-probes-fake-news-campaign-criticizing-coronavirus-response

Grizz

bobtodrick
04-04-2020, 09:13 AM

Ah, so watched it on FOX...well heck, they’ve never been caught trying to push a right wing agenda, have they 😂
And here’s a link to FOX stating that Trump has invoked 3M to keep all masks in the U.S. https://www.foxnews.com/media/geraldo-rivera-3m-classic-example-of-america-being-hostage-to-chinese-manufacturing you know, since you think they are the good standard of journalism.

jafo
04-04-2020, 09:14 AM
Trudeau was born with a golden spoon in his mouth. He is only interested in a seat in the UN and whatever it takes to get it. If he cared for Canada he would have been promoting "Made in Canada" products, resources, & solutions. Now we have a PM who is hiding in his cottage pointing his finger at Trump to displace a lack of leadership and decision making ability. He has refused to deal with protesters, blockades, illegal immigrants, indigenous issues, resource development and that is just the start. I don't see him pulling a rabbit out of his hat and solving the Covid-19 issue. It is again easier to blame Trump than make real, medically fact based decisions and corrective actions which may p!ss people off and be a real leader. Hopefully the Premiers of our Provinces can do more than our PM has.

elkhunter11
04-04-2020, 09:15 AM
It appears that China has reneged on orders of masks to some countries, because another customer offered more money for the masks. So is this the customers fault, or China's fault , that China is selling to the highest bidder?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11314924/china-coronavirus-masks-stockpiling-two-billion/

sk270
04-04-2020, 09:23 AM

Who made the official statement and what did it say exactly? I don't watch TV news because all channels are too shifty, manipulating sound bites and visuals as they please.

All I can find on Foxnews.com is that the White House is telling 3M to stop sending masks anywhere except the US.

Why are no other news outlets reporting that the US will continue to send masks to Canada? Is it because it is fake news.

Please provide a link or stop spreading hearsay.

bessiedog
04-04-2020, 09:23 AM
Mk270

You are too funny...... ya know Murdoch is prepping for big lawsuits right now..?

Something about his journalism standards.....

But I BET you’ll say ‘it’s the deep state squashing the truth’...

Your a programmed, take one side hate the other side’ barking dog bud.

And that ‘trusted news source’ outs you huge.

Btw... I haven’t watched cnn or CBC in years.

Cept Schitts Creek.... dats a pretty ok show...

Now read the next 20thread entries to..’who let the dogs out ...!’

Release the hounds!!

MK2750
04-04-2020, 09:26 AM
It is also in the NY Times but you have to register.

there part of the article in the StarTribune

Navarro denied that the administration told 3M to cease any exports and said that the order was to provide “all of the N95 respirators it can possibly muster to prevent Americans from dying.”

He further said: “All we get from the CEO on down to the head of their PR department is lie upon lie, the latest of which — which is dead wrong — is that we demanded 3M not send production from its U.S. plants to our friends and allies in Canada and Mexico.”

Here is an interesting piece from the interview. They say you can always tell if someone is lying when they start answering allegations no one accused them of.

“Let me say this,” Roman said on CNBC, “the idea that 3M is not doing all it can to fix price gouging and unauthorized reselling is absurd.”

No one had accused them of price gouging and reselling to black market at that point, but they certainly are now. All they were accused of is not putting American orders first, rightfully expected from an American company.

daveyn
04-04-2020, 09:28 AM
Trump isn't bright enough to know the consequences of what he deems to be important. He ordered 3M to stop sending masks to Canada, good PR move, 3M says NO, from a humanitarian perspective we can't stop sending masks to Canada because they are our friends, another good PR move. The truth is that the raw material to manufacture the masks comes from Canada, so Trump's move is stupid because they won't have any masks to ship(but sounds good to the voter base he panders to) and 3m's move is strictly business related knowing they need to source the raw material or they got nothin.
As to obtaining antibodies from recovered patients blood, incredibly complex process that has no viability. You can't just take antibodies from blood and manufacture them for distribution, thats a whole lot of conspiracy theory going on there

Smoky buck
04-04-2020, 09:29 AM
Trudeau was/is talking about the mask/medical restrictions from the US on global

If it’s fake news someone forgot to inform the Liberals

bobtodrick
04-04-2020, 09:29 AM
Talk about Fake news? Doing a little research, 145 people have died in Ecuador. Given the population and the social situation, the stories are way over blown.

https://nationalpost.com/pmn/entertainment-pmn/ecuador-probes-fake-news-campaign-criticizing-coronavirus-response

Grizz

This thread should be locked.
It seems some, in the name of ‘informing the people’ just like to post non credible worst case scenario b.s. just to get people ramped up.

hal53
04-04-2020, 09:30 AM
Trump isn't bright enough to know the consequences of what he deems to be important. He ordered 3M to stop sending masks to Canada, good PR move, 3M says NO, from a humanitarian perspective we can't stop sending masks to Canada because they are our friends, another good PR move. The truth is that the raw material to manufacture the masks comes from Canada, so Trump's move is stupid because they won't have any masks to ship(but sounds good to the voter base he panders to) and 3m's move is strictly business related knowing they need to source the raw material or they got nothin.
As to obtaining antibodies from recovered patients blood, incredibly complex process that has no viability. You can't just take antibodies from blood and manufacture them for distribution, thats a whole lot of conspiracy theory going on there
Read the post above yours……

MyAlberta
04-04-2020, 09:34 AM
It is also in the NY Times but you have to register.

there part of the article in the StarTribune

Navarro denied that the administration told 3M to cease any exports and said that the order was to provide “all of the N95 respirators it can possibly muster to prevent Americans from dying.”

He further said: “All we get from the CEO on down to the head of their PR department is lie upon lie, the latest of which — which is dead wrong — is that we demanded 3M not send production from its U.S. plants to our friends and allies in Canada and Mexico.”

Here is an interesting piece from the interview. They say you can always tell if someone is lying when they start answering allegations no one accused them of.

“Let me say this,” Roman said on CNBC, “the idea that 3M is not doing all it can to fix price gouging and unauthorized reselling is absurd.”

No one had accused them of price gouging and reselling to black market at that point, but they certainly are now. All they were accused of is not putting American orders first, rightfully expected from an American company.

Its A clue as to how the Trump underworld works

I watched a Hannity segment the other day. That bad trip reminded me of why I quit shrooms.

bessiedog
04-04-2020, 09:35 AM
Pretty good dig MK....

Pretty weak showing.

Might be right

But looks lil cherry picked to me.

You get that your really grabbing for strawness... yes?

But keep trying.

huntinstuff
04-04-2020, 09:35 AM
I think the problem is us, the consumer.

We want everything cheap, fast, and perfect.

In turn, corporations leave to find cheaper labour elsewhere. They send their lawyers and business people to places like China and other cheap labour countries, strike a deal, and build a plant.

The result is, you can buy a toaster for $25, rather than $45 if it were made here.

And the corporations know that all of the rules and regulations imposed here are irrelevant over there, thus, more money in their pockets and a cheaper price for you.

Trump sees this, and its a hard thing to change because people hate price increases. Thats because he is a businessman, not a politician (obviously)

This is all fine and good until something goes sideways.....

And Canada does it as much as anyone else.

I was in Ottawa and was doing a presentation. I wanted a small maple leaf pin for my suit lapel. I went to the National War Museum. In the gift shop, they had little Canadian maple leaf pins....Made in China.

Tells you a lot..........

The problem is us. Now we pay the true price of that toaster from WalMart.

What do we really produce? Oil??? So do others. And we let foreigners come here to protest it

Globally, China is the safest place to be. We have given them the ability to operate with impunity. We are reliant on a communist country. You cant go to war with, basically, your own supplier of just about everything. We made them untouchable

Now we are all retooling our factories to produce the essentials. Its insane

I think Canada and the US produce consumers. Thats our biggest role.

bessiedog
04-04-2020, 09:38 AM
Your completely right Huntinstuff.

There’s a pbs doc from 2006... I show it in my class

Is Wal-Mart Good for America?

It’s free.

We did do this a bit to ourselves.... market forces eh...? Never lookin at the long game....

HVA7mm
04-04-2020, 09:40 AM
Here's a good read on how 3M was accused of failing to prevent distributors from profiteering.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-28/mark-cuban-aiding-mask-effort-says-3m-fails-to-stop-profiteers

bessiedog
04-04-2020, 09:48 AM
Good article

“The problem is there are so many middlemen buying these products and reselling them,” says Abdouni, who works with buyers in the U.S. and other countries. “You can’t pinpoint who is to blame“

Good ole capitalism there... not sure if it’s 3ms fault. But I’m sure they could pick and choose who to sell for based on humanitarian motives.

Sparkle socks is refusing to admit we’re short nationally.

AHS said yesterday that our provincial stock is good good. I hope so

MK2750
04-04-2020, 09:50 AM
Your a programmed, take one side hate the other side’ barking dog bud.

Oh, we are name calling now. That's just awesome. I won't lower myself to your standards when it just proves you have no facts on your side.

gman1978
04-04-2020, 09:56 AM
I am confused, one news report suggests the bodies are staged to help cause issues for the current government in Ecuador and the next suggests Covid is out of control. I don’t believe anything CNN says but I am sure somewhere in the middle is the truth. Trump has 500 advisors, do you guys actually think he is calling every single shot down there?

58thecat
04-04-2020, 09:58 AM
Ok so we are in a poop storm....first of it to ever happen for many moons so that being said no one knows exactly what we are up against everything is developing by the minute hopefully for the better.....the problem I have is when a nations leader tells the people you are ok because of a bloodline or genetics.....this is going to hit hard....harder to those nations without adequate healthcare etc and an idiot running thier country.....

bessiedog
04-04-2020, 09:58 AM
Oh, we are name calling now. That's just awesome. I won't lower myself to your standards when it just proves you have no facts on your side.

Did you actually look at your ‘evidence’?

I don’t read the Times... can you copy-paste it?

I’ll read whatever you provide.... but your starting to look like your scrabbling.

You posited a news fact.... I want credible verification.... what ‘facts’ should I provide....?

Cmon. Step up.

And I’m calling it like I see it.

58thecat
04-04-2020, 10:00 AM
I am confused, one news report suggests the bodies are staged to help cause issues for the current government in Ecuador and the next suggests Covid is out of control. I don’t believe anything CNN says but I am sure somewhere in the middle is the truth. Trump has 500 advisors, do you guys actually think he is calling every single shot down there?

Trump has 500 advisors but only listens to the voice between his ears....complete azzclown......sorry this virus is not picky on which host it can latch onto.....

MK2750
04-04-2020, 10:03 AM
Did you actually look at your ‘evidence’?

I don’t read the Times... can you copy-paste it?

I’ll read whatever you provide.... but your starting to look like your scrabbling.

You posited a news fact.... I want credible verification.... what ‘facts’ should I provide....?

Cmon. Step up.

And I’m calling it like I see it.

You have friends and a following on here, no win for me except maybe a time out. Socialist on my friend, history will separate the winners from the whiners.

gman1978
04-04-2020, 10:04 AM
Trump has 500 advisors but only listens to the voice between his ears....complete azzclown......sorry this virus is not picky on which host it can latch onto.....

Ok, I understand anyone can get the virus... hopefully it latches on to our fearless leader and puts him out of his own misery.

bessiedog
04-04-2020, 10:11 AM
You have friends and a following on here, no win for me except maybe a time out. Socialist on my friend, history will separate the winners from the whiners.

Hey... I’ve complimented Trump on lots o things jus so ya know:

Trade war with China... good posturing and nice move... China is going to be a threat to us in 15-25 years if they keep on doing what they’re doing.

Keystone..... yes... do it... get it done.. Trump is right. the enviro lobby is wrong wrong.

Block China Travel ..? YAASS..... do it now! Prolly politically motivated... but hugely astute health move.

I think I’ve even agreed with a post of yours as well a few days ago.

So sorry... but pedaling one sidedness is not cool.

‘I have a following’.... yea right.

You mean the flames fans that follow me around and grab my $ because imma dummy..? Ok.

But I’ll back off and out if I’ve been too animated with you this AM

Sorry if I have.

270s r good rifles... so I don’t think yer a bar person.

bessiedog
04-04-2020, 10:13 AM

Hey... I’ve complimented Trump on lots o things jus so ya know:

Trade war with China... good posturing and nice move... China is going to be a threat to us in 15-25 years if they keep on doing what they’re doing.

Keystone..... yes... do it... get it done.. Trump is right. the enviro lobby is wrong wrong.

Block China Travel ..? YAASS..... do it now! Prolly politically motivated... but hugely astute health move.

I think I’ve even agreed with a post of yours as well a few days ago.

So sorry... but pedaling one sidedness is not cool.

But I’ll back off and out if I’ve been too animated with you this AM

Sorry if I have.

270s r good rifles... so I don’t think yer a bar person.

I gots the shack nasties like the rest of us.

58thecat
04-04-2020, 10:15 AM
Ok, I understand anyone can get the virus... hopefully it latches on to our fearless leader and puts him out of his own misery.

Well I wouldn't go that far to wish harm/death etc but agree I don't enjoy his leadership abilities but like I mentioned many times before...like Vikings....who wants to be king....and the peasants all stood there with that :sign0161: look on their faces....:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Bigwoodsman
04-04-2020, 10:26 AM

^^^^THIS ALL DAY LONG^^^^^

Trudeau is the coronaliberal virus that has infected all of Canada! Even in these trying times he’s playing the liberal card!

BW

Treehound
04-04-2020, 10:29 AM
I do love a good rant.
People are dropping like flies in Ecuador, and family are left with dead relatives bodies in their homes or vehicles because there's no place or space for them to bury. On top of it people already were mid flu epidemic and recent rain has brought dengue fever on top of all that. (my wife is from Ecuador and her family are hiding in their homes down there)
China was and still is lying about the epidemic. I don't understand why anyone is surprised by that the Chinese Communist Party lying it's basically the foundation of their power (lies and censorship). The world needs to take a lesson on this we are way to supportive of our trade relationship with the evil empire lots of people rant about it and then go to Walmart and buy their cheap garbage.
Trump and Trudeau are both different versions of the same idiot. Keynesian economics have brought us to this disaster and the current printing of currency should pretty much initiate the next great depression which was coming regardless of the virus it's just here a bit earlier because of it. Hopefully in the chaos that follows people will wake up and actually do something about our corrupt political system, but I'm not holding my breath. They will just blame capitalism and drag everyone into further socialist nanny state bullish. Say hello to outrageous taxation, loss of individual freedoms in the interest of "public safety" and decades of stagnant economy as the new normal.

Treehound
04-04-2020, 10:36 AM
I forgot to rant about that. Bombardier shot themselves in the foot when they jumped head first into an already saturated market dominated by Boeing and Embraer then bogged down in the development and eventually broke themselves trying to build a plane that was already a decade out of date by the time it could fly.

In celebration they got a huge government corporate welfare bailout of which they divided up among executives in the form of huge bonus then proceeded to lay off a bunch of workers and sell off their once profitable airframes.

Not that Boeing is doing much better, or getting any less $ in the form of corporate welfare but again we're dealing with the same system just different idiots at the helm - the direction of travel never changes.

Bigwoodsman
04-04-2020, 10:37 AM
I sort of agree, Bessiedog. However, Trudeau II is still in a position of power that would enable him to push the Liberal Party in more constructive directions.

Trudum is to stupid to do so! His ideology is not geared that way. He’s a silver spoon spoiled little pr!ck who is more interested in the UN THAN CANADA!

BW

sns2
04-04-2020, 10:47 AM

Very well put.

Trochu
04-04-2020, 11:00 AM
I do love a good rant.
People are dropping like flies in Ecuador.....

I'll say, what is it, less than half as many deaths as in Canada?

Sundancefisher
04-04-2020, 11:00 AM
Pretty good dig MK....

Pretty weak showing.

Might be right

But looks lil cherry picked to me.

You get that your really grabbing for strawness... yes?

But keep trying.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/03/us/politics/coronavirus-trump-3m-masks.html

bessiedog
04-04-2020, 11:11 AM
Thank you Sundance..

Good article. Very interesting read.

We should all maybe read it.....

MyAlberta
04-04-2020, 11:30 AM
I think the problem is us, the consumer.

We want everything cheap, fast, and perfect.

In turn, corporations leave to find cheaper labour elsewhere. They send their lawyers and business people to places like China and other cheap labour countries, strike a deal, and build a plant.

The result is, you can buy a toaster for $25, rather than $45 if it were made here.

And the corporations know that all of the rules and regulations imposed here are irrelevant over there, thus, more money in their pockets and a cheaper price for you.

Trump sees this, and its a hard thing to change because people hate price increases. Thats because he is a businessman, not a politician (obviously)

This is all fine and good until something goes sideways.....

And Canada does it as much as anyone else.

I was in Ottawa and was doing a presentation. I wanted a small maple leaf pin for my suit lapel. I went to the National War Museum. In the gift shop, they had little Canadian maple leaf pins....Made in China.

Tells you a lot..........

The problem is us. Now we pay the true price of that toaster from WalMart.

What do we really produce? Oil??? So do others. And we let foreigners come here to protest it

Globally, China is the safest place to be. We have given them the ability to operate with impunity. We are reliant on a communist country. You cant go to war with, basically, your own supplier of just about everything. We made them untouchable

Now we are all retooling our factories to produce the essentials. Its insane

I think Canada and the US produce consumers. Thats our biggest role.

Shout it out, Bingo.

One should read through the USMC to see how labels of origin language take away your right as a consumer, to make those decisions.

China didn’t take away jobs, they facilitated consumption. Trump is opportunistically hijacking that commerce. It may well work.

HunterDave
04-04-2020, 11:33 AM
Boots on the ground from an acquaintance that chose to remain in Ecuador rather than travel home to Canada:

I have had a few friends asking how we are doing here in Ecuador, so I thought I would put this together and share with you all. We are in a small town called San Clemente. Rick and Michelle and Russell and July are in a town thirty minutes from here called Crucita. We are in condos in small secure areas that do not allow outside guests to visit, so we haven't seen each other since the restrictions started a few weeks ago. However, we are all safe, have plenty of food and are all doing well.

Right now, Ecuador has a fairly low infection rate compared to most other countries. It may be because of the very strict rules they put in place three weeks ago. I really don't know for sure. Our province is even lower yet, and only one case in our county of Sucre. We are only permitted outside the complex to get food, do banking, or for medical reasons. All other stores have been closed for the past 3 weeks. The beautiful beaches here are closed as well and there is a curfew from 2 PM to 5 AM. Heavy fines are levied if the rules are broken. People can only drive two days a week to go for food etc, and that is going down to one day a week on Monday. There is no dining in but home delivery of food is permitted. To go shopping one must wear a mask, gloves and in some cities, long sleeves, pants and shoes. Cars are sprayed down with chemicals upon entering a town and people are also sprayed, shoes bathed in disinfectant and hand sanitizers used before going into a store. The store clerks also wipe down the carts before you get one to remove any potential virus. There is no driving to other provinces, save for medical reasons. Measures are strong, yet cases continue to grow.

All is not calm in many places. Some towns and cities have blocked roads in and out and in some towns, citizens are patrolling entry points and turning outsiders away. The government is not well equipped to deal with the dead and dying either. In Guayaquil, the largest city in Ecuador, dead bodies are not being picked up. Some dead are left in their homes and some are laying in the streets. There have been instances of coffins being burned in the streets as well. There have been a few cases of civil unrest and panic is setting in in some areas. Indeed, even in our condo there are some people who are panicking and demanding people to get tested, no food deliveries, etc. But for now, we have a core group of several level headed adults who are keeping things in perspective.

There are some flights still leaving here, but destinations are to USA cities (not a place we care to go with over 250,000 infected) and connections have to be made from there. So we are staying here for the time being, but making no long term plans as the situation can change over night.

All that being said, we are all fine. Days are spent by the pool visiting with residents, on the deck watching the ocean and its wildlife, sipping a few cool ones, and generally relaxing. I see that the infection rate is quite high in Nova Scotia, so please folks at home, stay safe!

Take care and I will write again in the not too distant future.

Dave

58thecat
04-04-2020, 12:00 PM
thx for sharing that HunterDave...always good to get it from a liable source a apposed to the media...etc...

Zuludog
04-04-2020, 12:14 PM

Exactly ^^^^