PDA

View Full Version : PCR and Clear Lake - Proposal

brianscott
07-28-2009, 01:12 AM
Is it just me or are there 2000 threads asking for info about these 2 lakes lately.

I think all the threads should be merged into one for Clear and one for PCR

All the ?'s could be asked there and it could be used as an info guide for ppl looking to do some fishing at these spots.

Possibly turn these into stickys?

Everytime I log on there are at least one or two threads started asking about these lakes.
We do have a search function on the forum but I guess ppl dont want to help themselves, they would rather waste bandwidth with something that has been asked 1000 times.

What are your thoughts on this?

brianscott
07-28-2009, 01:19 AM
Just searched " Pine Coulee" and got 148 different threads in 0.05 seconds

Searched " Clear Lake" and got 206 threads in 0.25 seconds

I say we consolidate all the threads requesting info, as well as reports

2 seperate stickys for the lakes

Bassett
07-28-2009, 01:28 AM
I like the idea there should be a sticky of some sort on all the major lakes we fish. (ex. PCR, Clear, pigeon, wabamun, ect ect..)

Mudslide
07-28-2009, 09:49 AM
I disagree. I don't want to have to navigate through hundreds of entries that are seasons and years out of date just to get to the bottom of the list. The current threads usually have the current information. If I want more .... That's what the search function is for.

Crusty
07-28-2009, 11:13 AM
Did you just get home from the bar? Read what you want just like everyone.
Just a little whiney.

May your rods buckle & your coolers be full !!

brianscott
07-28-2009, 12:41 PM
A little uncalled for Crusty, I was simply putting a question out there.

By consolidating the threads all the pertinant info would be at the end of the thread, just like a new post any thread.

To get to the info all you have to do is hit the "Last Post" button and Voila!
scroll back a bit and there is all the info you would ever need without having to post and wait for ppl to respond.

I used to like helping ppl out with info for these lakes but I have stopped because it just became pointless

elkfriend
07-28-2009, 01:56 PM
Not a bad idea! Mods - any opinion?