PDA

View Full Version : On line fishing license renewal?

trigger7mm
04-05-2020, 12:00 PM
When you renew your fishing license on line through Alberta Relm, do you receive a copy of the license in the mail? Thanks for your help.

old dog
04-05-2020, 12:08 PM
No. You print it off and sign it Did mine yesterday

spurly
04-05-2020, 01:10 PM
No. You print it off and sign it Did mine yesterday

This

CNP
04-05-2020, 02:16 PM
...or install the AlbertaRELM app on your mobile device. You don't need a paper copy if you produce your license through the app. Cellular connectivity is not required to access your licenses through the app. All you need is a powered mobile device.

trigger7mm
04-05-2020, 02:24 PM
...or install the AlbertaRELM app on your mobile device. You don't need a paper copy if you produce your license through the app. Cellular connectivity is not required to access your licenses through the app. All you need is a powered mobile device.

The problem with this, I have found, is that you need a separate phone for each app. My wife and I share the same phone, so hers won’t show up on the app. I’m going to print our licenses so we can have them with us. This app/electronic thing is just another typical government cluster f..k. It’s a pain on the butt for us old guys who aren’t exactly computer proficient. Leave it up to the government to screw up something that was already working just fine.

trigger7mm
04-05-2020, 02:26 PM
Oh, and by the way, thanks guys for giving me advise on this. Have a great day.

SNAPFisher
04-05-2020, 02:52 PM

Didn't know about the app, thanks :)

I'm sure there will be an update soon to add more than one profile on the same device.

35 whelen
04-05-2020, 02:55 PM
The problem with this, I have found, is that you need a separate phone for each app. My wife and I share the same phone, so hers won’t show up on the app. I’m going to print our licenses so we can have them with us. This app/electronic thing is just another typical government cluster f..k. It’s a pain on the butt for us old guys who aren’t exactly computer proficient. Leave it up to the government to screw up something that was already working just fine.No offense but how many people share a phone nowadays

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

CNP
04-05-2020, 03:03 PM
The problem with this, I have found, is that you need a separate phone for each app. My wife and I share the same phone, so hers won’t show up on the app. I’m going to print our licenses so we can have them with us. This app/electronic thing is just another typical government cluster f..k. It’s a pain on the butt for us old guys who aren’t exactly computer proficient. Leave it up to the government to screw up something that was already working just fine.

It's not a govt screw up. It's an alternative. You can still go ahead printing and signing a license. I'm an old guy and I appreciate this stuff, working with technology all my life, this is a welcome bonus.

trigger7mm
04-05-2020, 04:18 PM
Yeah, I know you are right. My problem is, like my daughters keep telling me, I’m way too old school.