PDA

View Full Version : The weather

SNAPFisher
04-05-2020, 12:41 PM
WTF! Is the insanity going to end. Speaking at least for the Edmonton area. I'm still cross country skiing. Fresh snow to boot. Usually I put away the skis around 2nd week of March...every year. But this year...
To top it off I look ahead and there is a teeny warm up and then negative temps next weekend again.

I predict ice off .... June 30th. :)

This is one winter, given the circumstances, that just needs to end.

Smoky buck
04-05-2020, 12:48 PM
I thought I would start river fishing at least but looks like that will be delayed

As for June 30th ice off that may cause me to go postal

Hunter4ever12
04-05-2020, 12:49 PM
I think the coronavirus is controlling the weather now lol. It’s been one weird one for sure,down here in the south still getting snow as of now. Should be already riding the bike and making miles for breakup. I agree though winter can go away,if I can’t ice fish down here then I have no need for the snow and ice haha.

Jigsalot
04-05-2020, 12:51 PM
Yup this weather sucks big time. Snowing here right now. Be nice to get away and maybe go on a tropical cruise. Lol.

Bushleague
04-05-2020, 12:59 PM
WTF! Is the insanity going to end. Speaking at least for the Edmonton area. I'm still cross country skiing. Fresh snow to boot. Usually I put away the skis around 2nd week of March...every year. But this year...
To top it off I look ahead and there is a teeny warm up and then negative temps next weekend again.

I predict ice off .... June 30th. :)

This is one winter, given the circumstances, that just needs to end.

A late ice off makes for some awesome pike fishing in my neck of the woods however... I may not like it now, but there are benefits.

Most years I quit going to Utikima lake halfway through March because the roads get too bad... they are probably going to be frozen solid for a few weeks to come.

swampy45
04-05-2020, 07:41 PM
I plan on ice fishing right through until May, far far away from people. #socialdistancing

Stinky Buffalo
04-06-2020, 08:47 AM
Using data I've been gathering from the last few weeks, there seems to be an inverse correlation between the amount of carbon tax we are being charged and global warming. :D

dth_
04-06-2020, 08:54 AM
My thoughts are with the farmers. Especially if they still have crop out in the field from last fall. With the amount of snow and cold weather for another week to 10 days yet, its looking like a rough start to the growing season.

Poppa
04-06-2020, 03:16 PM
Using data I've been gathering from the last few weeks, there seems to be an inverse correlation between the amount of carbon tax we are being charged and global warming. :D
It's not global warming....it climate change. And we are DEFINITELY seeing that!

Smoky buck
04-06-2020, 03:31 PM
It's not global warming....it climate change. And we are DEFINITELY seeing that!

Yup the weather changes all the time some years are cold, some hot, and others are moderate. It is ever changing and has been since the beginning of time :)

-JR-
04-06-2020, 04:15 PM
I don't think the lakes will be open for May long weekend .
Normally ice is rotten first week of April .

SNAPFisher
04-06-2020, 04:18 PM
I don't think the lakes will be open for May long weekend .
Normally ice is rotten first week of April .

It is going to take some real warm weather for sure. Nothing on the 2 week horizon but we can also get some amazing weather yet in April and especially May. Hoping for better!

Zip-in-Z
04-06-2020, 09:25 PM
We got a ways to go this year.

D.

April 28, 2019 .... this year it will be gone by May 15 just in time for the May long.

https://i.imgur.com/dNCtzlg.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/TFSyZer.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/95GH6ov.jpg