PDA

View Full Version : Online fish quiz aims to attract more youth anglers

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
07-28-2009, 04:28 PM
I was forwarded this in my email today from my friend who works with SRD . So if your 15 and under go enter this .Simply click on the Mywild alberta website , then fishing and youll see the Quit .

Free Special Walleye Licence available for youth through quiz

The My Wild Alberta online fish quiz aims to get more youth to try angling and raise their interest in the sport as a life-long pursuit. Youth ages 15 and under can win a Special Walleye Licence to catch and keep a limited number of walleye by taking this fun online quiz that tests their angling know-how and promotes curiosity about Alberta’s fish species.

“We want more youth to discover fishing as a great way to experience the outdoors and have some fun,” said Minister of Sustainable Resource Development Ted Morton. “Fishing also shows kids their connection to our natural environment so they can develop a sense of stewardship for our fish resources now and in the future.”

The fish quiz is available at www.mywildalberta.com, and kids will be challenged with 10 questions on species identification, angling knowledge, safety and conservation. The quiz also has connections to the Alberta Science Curriculum for grades five, seven, eight and nine.

Those who score enough quiz points win a Special Walleye Licence to catch and keep three walleye from either Newell Lake (near Brooks) or Pigeon Lake (near Edmonton). Both lakes allow a limited walleye harvest through the Special Walleye Licence program.

There are 200 Special Walleye Licences available to youth through the fish quiz. Once all the licences have been won, the quiz will still be available on the My Wild Alberta website for anglers of all ages to learn more about fishing.

Media inquiries may be directed to:
Trisha LeTilley
Communications
Alberta Sustainable Resource Development
780-427-8636

To call toll-free within Alberta dial 310-0000.

Bassett
07-28-2009, 05:00 PM
Already been posted before but thanks BBJ my tags are on their way!:D

(original thread)http://outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=37885

Direct link to the quiz:http://www.mywildalberta.com/Youth/GoFish/fishquiz.aspx

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
07-28-2009, 08:31 PM
My bad I didnt see it sorry for the duplicate post .