PDA

View Full Version : Blood Indian Access and Ice

Schlep
04-13-2020, 09:37 AM
Hey Fellow Anglers,
I have this coming week off from work and looking to do one last ice trip. Just wondering about access and ice on Blood Indian? Nothing has started melting here in West Central AB but was hoping for a little info before making the trip. Thanks a bunch!!

trigger7mm
04-13-2020, 10:04 AM
There won’t be a flake of snow down there, and what with the weather there should be lots of ice to walk on, but don’t drive on!

hillbillyreefer
04-13-2020, 10:12 AM
https://specialareas.ab.ca/2020/03/special-areas-closes-municipal-parks-campgrounds-and-rest-areas-effective-april-1-2020/

Special areas has restricted all access to parks including by foot. As far as I know the entire pond is surrounded by their park, so a no go. What a crock of bovine excrement.

Maybe call the office in Hanna and check into it.

cdkeim
04-13-2020, 03:54 PM
Drove by to check it out last weekend. All access roads that I saw were closed. As long as we arent congregating in the parking areas, not sure of a better way to get some fresh air but not be close to anyone.

calvin
04-17-2020, 07:47 AM
I don’t disagree that we should be not able to social distance while fishing, I believe the closure is more of if a problem happens and emergency personnel are having to be dispatched.