PDA

View Full Version : Bow river rules/reg

Dudrimbey
04-18-2020, 04:50 PM
Hey, new here. I’m sure it’s already been posted somewhere but I couldn’t find it, what are the rules of catch and release on the bow in Calgary?

freeride
04-18-2020, 05:19 PM
Have you checked the regulations on it?

http://www.albertaregulations.ca/fishingregs/

Take a look, if any questions after ask away.

Dudrimbey
04-19-2020, 11:28 PM
Yea, I can’t really get a strait answer because I’ve seen some that say the limit you can keep is 0 in Calgary but in the link you posted it makes it seem like you can keep some. If anyone has a strait answer it would be appreciated . Thanks!

DiabeticKripple
04-20-2020, 12:28 AM
Catch and release only from Banff NP all the way down to the Bassano Dam.

Flieguy
04-20-2020, 02:40 PM
Catch & release, no bait allowed Banff boundary all the way down to the Bassano dam (all of calgary and the surrounding area)

Fishing4Trophies
04-20-2020, 06:20 PM
Also keep in mind the tributaries on the Bow fall under the general stream listing for ES1 unless otherwise stated.

freeride
04-21-2020, 11:36 AM
Yea, I can’t really get a strait answer because I’ve seen some that say the limit you can keep is 0 in Calgary but in the link you posted it makes it seem like you can keep some. If anyone has a strait answer it would be appreciated . Thanks!

Not really sure where your are seeing that you can keep fish from the regulations link.

But here is a quick run down on how to look at them.

On the left side you will see an area. Choose ES1 for the bow.

It will take you to another page which has a box that gives limits for places NOT listed for specific regulations. That's the key word...NOT LISTED.

Click on the link on the bottom for RIVERS. you will them be taken to another chart which has the Bow river listed. It shows 0 for everything. This list over rules the other chart as that one was ONLY for rivers not listed in this one.

Hope that helps