PDA

View Full Version : spray lakes

rocky97
07-29-2009, 12:48 PM
thinkin of headin up there this weekend for some lake trout action. i ice fish it alot with great sucess but have never tryed summer fishin i will be fishing from shore any tips would be great thanks

jts1
07-29-2009, 01:08 PM
Wish I could help you , but I just go up there for hardwater as well. I am sure someone on here will help you out. Good luck and post your results

fishing_flower
07-29-2009, 01:51 PM
Let us know how you do, wouldn't mind a trip up there at some point too.

bowfin
07-29-2009, 01:54 PM
i have had some luck there with 3/8 oz white glow in dark tube jig tipped with half smelt anchored in 70-90 fow nothing big 16-18 inches but those lakers are one tasty fish. long boat ride up to where spray river comes in but worth the trip if you fly fish lots of cuttys and lakers in river post results when you go would like to head up there to catch some lakers also if you go to the river check the regs there is something in there about aug but cant remember what it is and dont have regs close by

jodycanfish
07-29-2009, 01:57 PM
thinkin of headin up there this weekend for some lake trout action. i ice fish it alot with great sucess but have never tryed summer fishin i will be fishing from shore any tips would be great thanksUsually I go to where the boat launch is on the easr side park in the parking lot use pickeral rig size #4 hooks with smelts.I always have good luck with that method.Cheers Jody

dodger
07-29-2009, 06:15 PM
I was there last Saturday and the water level is low. The only time I usually see it this low is mid September. I tried my favorite spots for Whitefish and it was dead ( shore fishing ).
FYI, Dodger.

nicemustang
07-29-2009, 09:17 PM
I think we are going to do a hike and then fish there sunday from shore. I will be using smelt on pickeral rigs, cast as far out as I can get. Probably just south of boat launch.

spinerfisher
07-29-2009, 09:37 PM
Try a few jigs. White body/ bright red or green head. Thats if you want too.

iliketrout
07-30-2009, 12:11 PM
If you're planning on using jigs, bring lots. The shoreline is very steep and rocky and you'll probably lose lots of gear.

Last year we decided to try by the bridge at the very northern end of the lake and caught some small brookies on #0 gold spinners. My buddy tossed in a #5 countdown sinking rapala in brown trout pattern there and hooked a nice laker, the biggest one I've ever seen come out of Spray. Something to try if the jigs and pickeral rigs are slow fishing.

nevercatchmuch
08-17-2009, 09:01 PM
how was your luck? any tips as I'll be heading there shortly too.

in the past I had success with flatfish lures 5-10 feet of water. hungry little lakers.

RonkyTonk
08-17-2009, 09:06 PM
how was your luck? any tips as I'll be heading there shortly too.

in the past I had success with flatfish lures 5-10 feet of water. hungry little lakers.

Caught my biggest laker out of there with a White Tube Jig, Used my fly rod as the sun went down with no luck. But I am no expert fly fisher..lol