PDA

View Full Version : Cataract creek fishing trip tomorrow.

calgarygringo
07-29-2009, 02:08 PM
For anyone who would like to join myself and Jeff (JTS1) will be heading to the upper reaches of Cataract creek tomorrow. I know this place has been asked about many times. If anyone would like to join up or come along with us send me a pm. This is one of the better places for brookies that I know that I have been fishing for the last 25-30 years or so and in the upper reaches they get hook nose size as well. If you want some fun send a pm and we can let you know details.

slingshotz
07-29-2009, 03:35 PM
Damn I would love to go as I've heard good things about it, but I have to bring my truck in for service and have to work (but I would have called in sick if I had to :)). Don't you people have to work?!

jodycanfish
07-29-2009, 03:46 PM
I would of loved to go with you guys but I am headed up to Caroline and Rocky for my holidays.Could you let me know how you guys made out? I have never fished there but always drive by it.So if you could tell me whether you went up or down stream and how was the fishing.Good luck and have fun and I will let you know how I made out when I get back.CHEERS JODY

jts1
07-29-2009, 03:49 PM
Cant wait should be a great day.

fishpro
07-29-2009, 04:05 PM
Sounds like a lot of fun, pm sent.

lucky_magic_stick
07-29-2009, 04:11 PM
PM sent also.

michelle
07-29-2009, 04:12 PM
When do you need to know by? Sounds like fun! Fly gear required I take it?

jts1
07-29-2009, 04:15 PM
Nope you can use small spinners as well. I am going to be @ Gringos home @ 9am and we bail from there

fishpro
07-29-2009, 04:17 PM
PM'ed you as well jts1

calgarygringo
07-29-2009, 05:16 PM
Looks like I have 3 of us confirmed, 1 to confirm with his wife and another one too. We may have enough to also need a second driving unit. My pickup may not be big enough if everyone that has contacted me comes. If others like Michelle or the after work today crowd want to join we just need another volunteer driver ( Just got one). Yes you can spin fish with your light rod or fly fish. Supposed to be a beautiful day tomorrow so should be lots of fun and a new spot for most from what I understand.

PM me if you are coming as I am making a list.
My phone and mail are busy call back if you can't get through. 403-225-1812.

So far Jeff, Dustin, Ken, Andy (will drive), nice mustang?, and maybe more.

Ken

calgarygringo
07-29-2009, 05:24 PM
Jody
after fishing this place for probably longer than most of you have been alive the secret is to fish upstream not down.....Tip of the day.
I will be guiding the m***** tomorrow.

michelle
07-29-2009, 05:29 PM
Damn, can't make it. Have a great fishing day!!

baitfisher83
07-29-2009, 05:47 PM
i would but ihave to work tomorrow...

slingshotz
07-29-2009, 11:07 PM
You guys plan on being out there that long to meet after work peeps? If so I'll duck out of work earlier and hope my truck is sorted out. Can anyone pm me directions and the time it takes for the drive from south Calgary?

calgarygringo
07-29-2009, 11:19 PM
We are meeting at my place in Queensland at 9.
Takes about an hour and a half from my place, Should be there until late afternnon or until weget tired of catching fish.
For directions: go south on hiway 2. Turn right at Okotoks turnoff and go through town to the stop by the big Walmart mall. Turn right towards Black diamond. At 4 way in Black Diamond turn left at hotel and heading next to Longview. Just coming in to Longview turn right at hiway 541 (I think is the number) into Kananaskis. Go past indian reserve then to Highwood house. Store and Ranger station is there. Turn left towards Coleman on the gravel for about 10-15 mins. Watch on your right as we will be parked in a turnout (Green 2500 Silverado with matching topper) a bit before the campground. Walk road going upstream to find us.
Sounds difficult but just think Longview, K Country then turn to Coleman.
Hopefully we will see you. 4 of us going so far.

Ken

jodycanfish
07-30-2009, 08:56 AM
Jody
after fishing this place for probably longer than most of you have been alive the secret is to fish upstream not down.....Tip of the day.
I will be guiding the m***** tomorrow.Well I am not a spring chichen either but so many places to fish I should have made an effort to try.I will wait to here back from you guys,again have fun take care

tonyflyfish
07-30-2009, 12:21 PM
will be there thru Mon so stop in at campground if you are there. Blk GMC, red canoe and Jayco tag along. Dogs name is Abbey and she is friendly-aren't all yellow labs?
t