PDA

View Full Version : license recept

brohymn2
07-29-2009, 03:48 PM
do you need to keep the lisencer recept you get when you purchase your fishing license, to go fishing or do you just need your win card, also can you get em reprionted at canadian tire if need be, tried online and there was no reprint button so i couldnt thanks

michelle
07-29-2009, 03:54 PM
The CO asks for the lisence not your WIN card so I keep that piece of paper to show him/her.

Happy Fishing!

jts1
07-29-2009, 03:56 PM
you can only reprint online if you got your license online

theduke
07-29-2009, 04:42 PM
yes u need that license when u fish but keep ur win on u too, i once didnt have my license but had my win he took my number and didnt give me a ticket so he must have check it later or something or he was just a nice guy lol

brohymn2
07-29-2009, 05:09 PM
so can i get one reprinted

mulecrazy
07-29-2009, 05:20 PM
yup go to a license issuer and they can do a reprint. make sure you sign the license as well as it is technically not valid until you do.

baitfisher83
07-29-2009, 05:54 PM
you can reprint it online regaurdless of where you bought it, i've done it before

jts1
07-29-2009, 10:35 PM
you can reprint it online regaurdless of where you bought it, i've done it before

Really ?? I tried and had a no go. I phoned the number on the back of my WIN card and they stated that I had to get my license online in order to print it... :huh:

deanmc
07-30-2009, 05:07 AM
I just got a reprint at Canadian tire.

$2.10 i thinks it was I do.:wave:

baitfisher83
07-30-2009, 08:30 AM
thats odd because i havent ever bought a license online and last season i had to reprint one on AlbertaRELM, i dont think they charged me for it

lovetheoutdoors
07-30-2009, 10:18 AM

i could not reprint mine online because i did not purchase it online...
I called and they told me the same thing, can't print unless your purchased online

out cast
07-30-2009, 01:43 PM
i keep my license in a zip lock to keep it zip-lock fresh

Deano
07-30-2009, 03:31 PM

I had to get a reprint from a store. Only cost a couple of dollars. I guess you are special.

Deano

deadnutz
09-20-2009, 07:30 PM
Anybody know the process for getting a reprint of a wildlife certificate and a tag ? My bear tag and wildlife cert are somewhere other than where they should be, and I believe I gotta carry my wildlife cert while hunting anything......I tried getting a reprint at Westcountry in Sundre on Sat and the old fella told me that I'd have to find a fish and wildlife office......Not much luck of one of those being open on a saturday :(

seahawkfisher
09-20-2009, 07:51 PM
i encase my liscense in clear packaging tape. makes it pretty fishing-related-accident / tear-proof. Do NOT LAMINATE!!!

it's kinda funny, one time a CO tried to hastle me for wrapping it in plastic; he tried to say that it was no longer valid. in actuallity, the only reason you cant laminate them is because they are printed on carbon paper and will turn completely black when exposed to heat. in the long run he liked the idea and said he was going to do his like that as well.
cheers

deanmc
09-20-2009, 10:41 PM
i could not reprint mine online because i did not purchase it online...
I called and they told me the same thing, can't print unless your purchased online

I just went online and tried no go either. But next time I am going to buy mine online so I can laminate it.

RedHeadedFisherman
09-21-2009, 11:54 AM
i encase my liscense in clear packaging tape. makes it pretty fishing-related-accident / tear-proof. Do NOT LAMINATE!!!

it's kinda funny, one time a CO tried to hastle me for wrapping it in plastic; he tried to say that it was no longer valid. in actuallity, the only reason you cant laminate them is because they are printed on carbon paper and will turn completely black when exposed to heat. in the long run he liked the idea and said he was going to do his like that as well.
cheers

I have my WIN card/F lic in one of those plastic credit card sleeves.. works very well as you can take them out at the request of a CO and then are in good condition, ( no hassele for having them taped) :D